Leave the bustle of the big city behind for a pastoral stay at this 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom Durango vacation rental house. Nestled on 9 acres, 'Casa de Mesa' is a picture-perfect property complete with a charming patio, vibrant pastures, and a view of the mountains in the distance. Lace up the hiking boots, hop on your mountain bike, or tow the 4-wheelers and 2-wheelers along to ride the trails that make up over 1.8 million acres of the San Juan National Forest that you'll soon call home.
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2 (Southwest Room): Queen Bed | Bedroom 3 (The Atrium): 2 Twin Beds
This 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom dwelling is a terrific lodging choice for families, friends, couples, or any group of 6 up for an authentic Colorado getaway.
You’ll feel right at home the moment you first step inside, with tasteful Southwestern decor, high vaulted Aspen ceilings in the Great Room, and custom stained-glass work throughout.
All the amenities you need to feel as relaxed as possible during your stay are here, including high speed wireless internet, in-unit laundry, and a fully equipped kitchen, complete with all the essential cooking appliances.
For your entertainment, you’ll find a library of movies and 4 Samsung Smart TVs with DirecTV hook-up, mounted on articulating arms for viewing from any spot in the room.
Outside, the house boasts flagstone walkways that lead you to find a new view around every corner - whether it's the La Plata Mountains in the distance, open fields in the south, or another wonderful sunset to the west.
Look forward to unwinding on one of the home’s shaded outdoor patios, where you can keep your eyes peeled for wildlife - deer frequent the property, while the yard serves as the annual nesting ground of many bluebirds, orioles, redtail hawks, meadowlarks, robins, and great horned owls in the spring and fall. You might even spot a fox!
You’re ensured a good night’s sleep in any of the home’s newly renovated bedrooms. The master bedroom is the ultimate retreat, featuring a king bed and Jacuzzi soaking tub - the perfect post-adventure remedy. Early risers are encouraged to choose The Atrium Room, where you can look out onto the patio full of sunshine and honeysuckle vines.
Great opportunities for horseback riding, hiking, biking, birding and fishing can be found close by at Pastorius Lake State Wildlife Area, only 0.75 miles away. If you prefer to stay on the property, you may be able to bring your horse and go for a ride!
The renowned Mesa Verde National Park is only 45 miles away from the property and is definitely worth a visit!
For excellent boating, head over to Navajo Reservoir to the South, Vallecito Lake and Lemon Dam to the East, or Haviland Lake to the North, all located within a 45-minute to hour’s drive.
For a fun outing the whole family will enjoy, take a ride on the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad starting just 7 miles from the house.
During the winter months, you’ll be within easy reach of multiple well-known ski areas, including Purgatory Ski Area just 32 miles away, plus Wolf Creek Ski Area and Telluride Resort within a 2-hour drive!
If you’re feeling lucky, head 13 miles over to Sky Ute Casino in Ignacio!
No matter what season you plan to visit, this superb Durango vacation rental house will let you have region’s best attractions right at your fingertips. Reserve ‘Casa de Mesa’ today and come see what adventures Colorado has in store for you!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, high speed free WiFi, 4 Smart TVs with DirecTV hook-up, stylish Southwestern décor, shaded outdoor patios, and much more
- Available parking and storage for toys, boats and trailers!
- Wonderfully peaceful setting on 9 private acres with magnificent 360-degree views of the La Plata Mountains, autumn foliage, pastoral fields, and wide open space
- Close proximity to the city of Durango, Pastorius Lake State Wildlife Area, Mesa Verde, multiple ski areas, and several other popular attractions!
- Please note the Recreation Center (including the pool) is located about 8-9 miles away from the property
- Within 2 hours away from Wolf Creek Ski area and Telluride!
- Durango La Plata County airport and Mercy Regional Medical Center are both within a 10-minute drive
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- House is only set up for 6 people. Extra people will result in a $150 per person charge
- Please note that the owner lives on-site in a completely separate unit with resident cat
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
Property Tax ID: 02363770-0001