|Space||1,662 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
www.SonomaSquareCottage.com Charming 1662 sqft home for rent along beautiful tree-lined road in the coveted Sonoma East Side. Home is 2-3 blocks from the Sonoma Square and very walkable to shops, restaurants, bars, wine tastings, the town cinema, and more.
Home features 3 bedrooms with 3 full baths. The spacious master has both a shower and a jacuzzi tub. Washer and dryer, cable, and internet also provided. The garage has been converted to a carpeted playroom for kids, stocked with toys, puzzles, games, and Nintendo Wii. Master bedroom has a King bed. Second bedroom has a Queen bed. Third bedroom is for children only, and has a bunk with a trundle (two twin beds and a double bed).
50"+ plasma screen 3D home theater set-up with several kids 3D movies (Lion King, Cars 2, Toy Story 1-3, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and more).
Relax with a glass of Cabernet on the spacious back patio while admiring the beautiful garden complete with a lemon tree.
Cooks will love our wide open kitchen, ample countertops, Weber grill, and NXR professional grade oven with extra wide stove top with 6 burners.
Please respect our neighbors by keeping the noise down, especially after 9pm.
Monthly rentals only. No smoking. No pets.
This lovely home is nestled in one of the charming Sonoma neighborhoods. The house is only three blocks to the main square and other conveniences. If you have small children, this is a perfect match. Of the three bedrooms, one is a kids room with great bunk beds and the owners converted the garage into a huge playroom. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom. The special feature for us was the back yard. It is a beautifully landscaped fenced-in area with a shaded covering. There is a gas grill, very comfortable furniture and a large table for outdoor dining. It is lovely. There are great playgrounds nearby for kids, including a playground at the square , Maxwell park about 10 minutes away and Playground Fantastico in Napa. Train Town is a few blocks away and is a fun attraction for kids. This house is a winner !!
Had a great vacation in Sonoma and San Francisco. Easy trip to San Francisco, 45 minutes to the Golden Gate Bridge. We were very comfortable in this home. The owner has thought of everything to make a family comfortable. Our kids enjoyed the game table in the garage. We enjoyed relaxing after our busy day in the city. The house is a short walk to downtown and we enjoyed the many restaurants and nice shops. We would definitely rent again. We have rented many vacation home rentals and this owner is by far the best. He was available by phone when we had a question and responded quickly.
My family and I stayed at the Sonoma Square Cottage in August 2012 (4 adults & 2 children) and truly had a wonderful time in this very special home. The owner is wonderful to work with and totally attentive to any questions you may have and geared to making your stay special. The home is warm and inviting, light and airy and the kitchen is amazing. We loved the intimate back patio with barbecue and couldn't resist spending our evenings out there. The house is walking distance to many wineries (some very good ones) and an easy drive to many others. If you have children, this house is a must! The garage is totally decorated and equipped for children of all ages. Love, love, love this house and know we will return. Truly a gem!!!
First of all, working with the owner of this property was a pleasure. He was extremely timely with correspondence and answering any questions that we had.
This cottage was the perfect fit for our family. My husband and I with our two young boys (3yr old and 5mo old) immediately felt at home. It was the perfect Sonoma retreat.
The converted garage to playroom was an absolute hit. Very comfortable beds and linens. A kitchen with all you could need. The patio and outdoor space in the back was great to both play and relax in.
Quiet and beautiful part of town with perfect proximity to the square and other offerings of downtown Sonoma.
We walked to the Farmers Market (both Friday a.m. and Tuesday evening) TrainTown, Whole Foods and Sebastiani Winery - just to name a few of the easily accessible spots.
I would highly recommend this to our friends and family - it was the perfect family getaway.
We felt immediately at home and our 3 year old son keeps wanting us to go back. Easy walking distance to the Square, Train Town, and the Farmers Market had us exploring Sonoma by foot (& stroller). When it came time to retreat back for nap time, we were happy to be in a quiet neighborhood. The amenities are very up to date and all the beds were extremely comfortable. The highlights were seeing our son beaming from all the Pixar posters in the toy room and the Buzz and Woody decals in the room he stayed. We even had fun trying to play the arcade machine that was loaded with all the 80s games (PacMan, DigDug, Donkey Kong etc.) Any questions we had about the house were immediately answered and we even extended our stay since we were enjoying our retreat so much.
It more than lived up to the description and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get a good feel of Sonoma.
For casual eats:
* [Hopmunk Tavern] - Just a block away. Extremely fun, outdoor seating, live music. Food is decent. Get the grilled cheese and tomato soup! Large microbrew selection.
* [Maya Mexican Restaurant] - two blocks away, right on the southeast corner of the square. Slightly fancy, but still casual and not upscale. Great chips and salsa.
* [Mary's Pizza Shack] or [The Red Grape ]are your best bets for pizza. Sonoma isn't known for it's pizza, though! I've heard great things about [Kashaya's], but haven't been there. Try it and let me know!
* The [Freemont Diner] is our favorite place for breakfast.
For a nice meal out:
* [The Girl and the Fig ]- awesome place for good food and wine. Nice sitting area with couches while you wait, and a big bar area, too. This is one of our favorites for a nice night out. On the northwest corner of the square, but still walkable.
* [Carneros Bistro and Wine Bar] - located south on Broadway at the Lodge at Sonoma, this is a good place for a nice date. Take a walk around the lobby and grounds at the Lodge after dinner.
* [Saddles Steakhouse at MacArthur Place ]- there's a steakhouse a block away and it's decent. What more do you want?
* Take a walk down to [MacArthur Place] and stroll around the grounds of the hotel. There's a chess garden there with life-size chess pieces.
* Grab our bocce balls and head to the bocce courts just north of the town square (behind the [Sonoma Cheese Factory], beyond the parking lot). Stop and grab some cheese or sandwiches along the way!
* Take the kids to [Traintown]!
* There are two playgrounds in the center of the square right behind city hall. Bring some bread to feed the ducks!