|Space||1,800 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
• Close and convenient to the UC Berkeley campus (6-8 minutes’ walk to the north gate)
• It’s also at the foot of “Holy Hill” (Pacific School of Religion and other religious institutions).
• 1 block from Euclid Avenue with convenient stores, restaurants, coffee houses and student hangouts.
• 10 minutes’ walk to Berkeley’s “Gourmet Ghetto” on Shattuck Avenue – home of Alice Waters’ iconic Chez Panisse restaurant, the Cheeseboard Pizza Collective, and the very first Peets Coffee house. Also walking distance to 2 supermarkets and a large CVS Pharmacy on Shattuck Avenue.
• 11-12 minutes’ walk to the Berkeley Rose Garden (where you can see spectacular sunsets) and Codornices Park.
• 20 minutes’ walk to downtown Berkeley and the BART station.
• Twenty minutes driving will take you to San Francisco across the Bay Bridge (outside rush hours!), or it’s 20 minutes via BART. Driving to Marin County, the Napa Valley and Sonoma wine country and Lake Tahoe are also easy options.
The renovated townhome was originally built in the 1920's, and the original character has been retained.
• Hardwood floors.
• Fully furnished with period furniture, artwork and decor - including 2 antique stained glass windows.
• Formal dining room with built-in sideboard; dining table seats 8.
• French doors from living room and dining room open onto a private deck.
• 3 bedrooms upstairs each with a queen-size bed, large closet, dresser and desk/work space.
• "Bonus room" downstairs that can be used as a den, or a 4th bedroom to accommodate occasional guests on a sleep-sofa. (This room also houses a newly-installed washer and dryer).
• 1 full bathroom, with tub and over-the-tub shower upstairs; 1 full bathroom with shower downstairs
• Fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops, a breakfast nook, and 2 dishwashers (!!).
• Off-street parking space in the rear of the building.
• There are 2 smaller apartments in the rear of the townhome (but only one common wall).
The fine print:
•No smoking anywhere in or around the building!! A Berkeley City ordinance prohibits it in multi-unit apartment buildings and common areas.
• This is a quiet residential building in a serene neighborhood. Please, no parties or loud noise! Quiet time from 10:00 pm - 8:00 am.
• Please don't park in the driveway or anywhere that blocks access for other residents.
• Sorry, no pets.
• Please treat the house as you would your own home.
Born in England, but I've lived in California most of my life - it's where I went to grad school (2 degrees from UC Berkeley). I love the Bay Area for its scenery, mild climate, culture, food, and outdoor activities. I enjoy providing comfortable artistically-decorated accommodation and welcoming visitors to their "home from home". Hiking and jazz are my favorite things to do in my spare time.
The home is on a tree-lined quiet residential street yet is within easy and convenient walking distance to the UC Berkeley campus, many great restaurants and coffee shops, grocery shopping, and public transport. It has a "walk score" of 86 - meaning "most errands can be accomplished on foot."
This home has real 1920's "Berkeley" character, and there are 5 mature redwood trees right on the property. It's in one of the most desirable, sought-after and convenient areas of Berkeley.
University of California, Berkeley, campus is 5-8 minutes' walk away
The townhome is at the foot of "Holy Hill" where the schools of the Pacific School of Religion are located.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
Minimum stay: 14 days.
Cancellation policy: Full refund if the stay is cancelled at least 15 days before the scheduled arrival date.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.