|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Welcome to Mill River, and our 1905 Queen Anne style Victorian, deep in the heart of the Berkshires. Step in and enjoy the peace of sitting on the porch of an old house on a quiet country lane, the wind in the trees and the babble of the stream just across the road.
The house is furnished in vintage style, with 4 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and comfortably sleeps 6 people. The rocking chair and old gramophone are complemented with such modern conveniences as a wireless radio, TV and WiFi internet, and a well equipped kitchen.
Set in the quiet village of Mill River in Western Massachussets, we are 20minutes from the hustle and bustle of downtown Great Barrington, just two and a half hours West of Boston, and three hours North of New York City.
The Berkshires come alive in the summer with a wide range of arts and cultural festivals including:
- Tanglewood – the Boston Symphony Orchestra's summer home presents a season of world class concerts as well as relaxed family-friendly lawn events
- Jacobs Pillow – renowned as “the dance center of the nation”, the pillow's summer festival hosts dance companies from across the world in an unparalleled setting
- Shakespeare and Company – present a grand program of Shakespeare and contemporary theater performances throughout the summer months
The unspoiled natural setting of the Berkshires make the area also make for ideal summer adventure playground:
- Swimming in the nearby lakes and local swimming holes along the creek
- Biking along miles of quiet country roads winding through the woods, or single track through the state forest
- Hiking – tackle a section of the Appalachian Trail just a few minutes down the road, or paths on local Trustees of Reservation properties
Canoeing – paddle nearby Lake Buel, Garfield, Thousand acre pond, or take a leisurely float down a section of the Housatonic River
Or if stepping out seems all too much, simply wind up the gramophone and foxtrot your evenings away!
So whether you come for the culture, the countryside, or just to stretch out and snooze on the porch listening to the sound of the creek and wind in the trees, you'll find yourself at home.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|