|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
If you're looking for a peaceful alpine getaway, complete with comfortable accommodations and endless outdoor activities, this cozy Collettsville vacation rental cottage is the perfect destination for you. Situated next to the peacefully flowing Wilson Creek, the serene mountain location of this home is just minutes away from the area’s most exciting attractions and is beautiful any time of year!
This roomy 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom residence has enough space to comfortably accommodate up to 8 guests, making it perfect for a small family or group of friends looking for a peaceful backdrop for getting in tune with nature. Everything you need in your ultimate home-away-from-home is here - upon your arrival, you'll be greeted with a guest basket, which contains a hair dryer, shampoos, soaps, a first aid kit, and more. The home also features many modern amenities like complimentary wireless internet access, a satellite phone, and in-unit laundry facilities for your convenience, as well as 2 flat screen TV’s, complete with cable and a DVD player.
At the end of a long day spent fishing and exploring the magnificent wonders of the mountainous area, grab your favorite beer and relax on the back porch. A brilliant view of the well-maintained backyard, which sprawls out to meet the flowing Wilson Creek, creates a truly picturesque setting for your evening. Plus, you'll get to enjoy this view no matter what time of year you plan to visit - in the summertime, the property features a dazzling array of flowers, autum brings colorful fall foliage, and the winter offers gorgeous ice sculptures. After some relaxation time, you can cook up the day’s catch and prepare a delicious dinner for your loved ones in the kitchen, which is fully equipped with all necessary cookware, silverware and dinnerware. Later, gather with your travel companions in the cozy living room, which boasts beautiful woodwork that continues throughout the entirety of the home.
From this delightful home, you’ll find that the best of the area is right at your fingertips! Some of the area’s spectacular wonders, including Table Rock, Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns and Linville Gorge, are located just a short distance away and offer fantastic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains during every season. Additionally, you’ll be within just 2 miles of the area’s best biking, hiking, kayaking, fishing and hunting options. There are also 13 well-known hiking trails and a master biking plan located within the Wilson Creek area. If you aren’t the outdoorsy one in your group, don’t worry, there are options for you too - The property is located 30-40 minutes from the numerous attractions, stores and restaurants. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time, or which time of year you decide to visit, this delightful Collettsville vacation rental home will not disappoint!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, charcoal grill, wireless internet access, satellite phone, multiple flat screen TVs with cable and DVD player, in-unit laundry machines, fireplace, and much more
- Serene property nestled along the beautiful Wilson Creek
- Within 2 miles of hiking, biking, kayaking, and fishing!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Full-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- A Full-sized Sleeper Sofa in the Living Room can accommodate 2 guests
- A Twin-sized Air Mattress is available if necessary
- No smoking
- Pets considered with prior owner approval and fee
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
Our group appreciated the large kitchen and spacious bedrooms during our fall trip to the Wilson's Creek area for hiking, biking, and fishing.
This was a memorable experience for us!! The accommodations were clean, quite and very comfortable. All the extra touches from the owners were appreciated and we will definitely be back!
This is a great place to take the family. Very quiet, peaceful, and comfortable. There is plenty of room, lots of amenities and extras. We arrived at the cabin and found it very clean and provided everything we needed for a wonderful 4th.
Lots of room, clean, all necessities covered, owner provided water and sodas. Some food like soups and other canned goods in cabinets in case you didn't have a chance to get to the store. Washer and dyer a big plus. Games were available for the kids, an Xbox was provided. Nice large TV with plenty of movie channels. Battery operated candles provided just in case.
We spent a wonderful 4 days with all the comforts of home, but none of the stress, noise or interruptions.
- Very convenient to the upper part of Wilson Creek Delayed Harvest
- Very comfortable for 3 couples - at least if one doesn't mind sleeping in twin beds
- Lots of necessities included - towels, bed linens, bottled water, charcoal
- Nicely maintained neighborhood - friendly folks
- The satellite phone and internet service - a little squirrely but a definite plus - there is NO CELL SERVICE here which I knew and was a big part of us picking this spot.
The Not So Good
- The primary reason that I looked beyond the price of this place was that it was right on Wilson Creek and I would be able to wade right in and start fishing. NOT. This stretch is posted and only land owners are allowed to fish it. This is not mentioned anywhere on the VRBO site and was only disclosed in an email we received just prior to our stay.
- My wife felt like she needed to clean most of the utensils and pots and pans before use
- Found dead mouse in one of those sticky traps that had gotten tangled up a little in the bed skirt - luckily I was able to make it disappear before wife saw it - now she knows ;^) - there was no other signs of mice however. The other bed had someones underwear and socks under it - my wife unfortunately did find those!
- Satellite TV - we could only get infomerical channels. Not that we planned on watching much TV but we had everything to make mint juleps to watch the Kentucky Derby so that was a bust.
- There is a patio out back where you can listen to the water. Would have been a nice place to sit and eat but there were only two of those cheap plastic Adirondack chairs - should be at least 6 chairs with a table.
- Definitely need new bed mattresses!
- We've used VRBO numerous times and have pretty much always felt we got a lot of value for the price. I think that this place is a little pricey for what you get. Granted there is not a lot of places to rent that are as convenient to the best part of Wilson Creek but still, for the price I expected it to be in much better condition.
- This place is in the middle of nowhere - which is what I already knew, fully expected and love about this area. I just want to point this out to someone who is thinking that this would be a great place to go fishing and yet have your wife or girl friend zip off to Blowing Rock or Banner Elk for shopping. If that's your idea - stay in one of those places and you drive down here to go fishing!