|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Our cottage is a comfy little place right on Lake Carey in Tunkhannock, PA**. The cottage has a screened in mud-room, kitchen, full bathroom, living room, 2 bedrooms, a 'lake room' and a deck overlooking the lake. Each bedroom has a full size bed. The living room has a full sized pull-out couch and if needed, there is space in the living room for our inflatable raised queen mattress. Overall the cottage can sleep 6 people very comfortably, 8 in a pinch.
Outdoors we have a large fire pit and a small dock that is brand new, installed at the end of the 2015 season. We have 3 kayaks (2 single, 1 tandem) and a row boat available for use (on premises only), as well as some fishing poles and tackle available to be used on premises (PA permit required).
Our cottage isn't fancy, but it is comfortable and eclectic, and we love it that way. Located at the top of one of the Endless Mountains, it is very secluded but only a 10 minute drive from all your creature comforts, including grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants and even Wal-Mart. You wouldn't guess it when you are at the cottage though, it is so peaceful. A wonderful place to unplug and enjoy the sunshine.
Speaking of creature comforts and unplugging, not to worry. There is plenty to do and see if kicking back with a good book isn't your thing:
- Fishing. It is huge in the area as the lake is part of the Susquehanna River Valley and is stocked at the beginning of the season with trout, but also has a ton of carp, bass (small and large mouth), pickerel, cat fish, sunnies, maybe more. At dusk, the carp jumping for bugs is pretty cool to watch. Fishing permits are required and are available at the local Wal-Mart. Upon request, I can provide you a link to the PA website for more information.
- Kayaking/Boating. We have two individual kayaks and one tandem kayak. Our side of the lake is smaller and shallow, which makes it nice for beginners. If you are a bit more advanced, you can paddle on over to the big side of the lake, and take on the much stronger current. We ask that you not remove the kayaks from the property or Lake Carey. If you have your own and want a true challenge, you can take it down the mountain and take on an even more serious current . . . the Susquehanna herself. For those who may want to bring out more than one or two people, or may not be comfy in a kayak, we also have a nice, big metal row boat that seats 4.
- Golf. There are two PGA rated golf courses at the bottom of the mountain. One is about 10 minutes away (Shadowbrook) and the other 15 minutes away (Stone Hedge). There are also 2 miniature golf courses and a driving range within minutes of the house as well. Greens fees fluctuate, both courses have websites I can direct you to.
- Hiking. The woods surrounding our cottage are private property but there are a number of trails in the area. Many local state parks offer a great hiking experience, but watch out for the local wildlife!!
- Hunting. Speaking of local wildlife. Ask me for the links to lots of information and maps of public access hunting grounds. FYI, the cottage is in Wyoming County.
- Skydiving. Yup that's right. The local small airport has sky-diving every weekend the weather allows. Known as "Sky Haven", you can see them flying through the sky almost anytime I hit the local IGA on a Saturday morning. Website can be provided upon request.
- Food & Beverage. There are many great local restaurants, wineries and breweries in the area. Some of these restaurants are truly spectacular, if "cooking in" isn't your thing.
This cottage has been in our family for over 30 years. It is our home away from home and we love being there. Unfortunately jobs, lack of time and life prevent us from getting there as often as we would like, so the next best thing would be sharing our little bit of paradise with others.
For more information on local eateries, etc., please visit and like our facebook page. Search 'Cozy Cove'.
**Please note, due to lethal allergies of a minor child, we request that no peanuts or tree nuts are brought into the house. If you pet enjoys peanut butter for a treat, please feed it to them either outside or on the deck. The allergy is so severe even residue on the carpet could cause a reaction. Thank you.
My husband and I are first time parents to a wonderful 3 year old little boy. I am a Paralegal by trade, and have worked in the same small firm in Connecticut for over 11 years.
Laura purchased this cottage in 1982
I took over management of our family vacation cottage last year, and had great success with several upgrades to the property and sharing it with others. I look forward to sharing our Cozy Cove with you. My family and I have spent almost every long weekend there for the last 10+ years. Most of my family vacations as a child were spent here, lazying the days away in a float on the lake, getting sun burned and making s'mores on the camp fire.
Our cottage isn't fancy, but it is comfortable and homey. It is the kind of place where you can cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie on a rainy day or curl up with a good book in a deck chair or lawn chair. Nothing matches, and we like it that way. If you are looking for a home away from home to relax and unplug and probably take a nap in the shade, your search is over.
The house has very little boat or road traffic because it is in our cozy little cove.
Was a wonderful quaint stay with no surprises...was as it's listed. Owner was very sweet and helpful prior! Lake was a little built up on this end with lily pads, but enough of an opening so they didn't prevent the ability to get the one-man and two-man kayaks out to the main lake area. So peaceful. Met the neighbors who were very nice too, and who offered their paddle boat or regular flat bottom metal boat. Cozy little cabin. Recommend to anyone who wants to just get away and relax.
This was a perfect getaway. In a nice quiet area but close to all local attractions and stores. We were provided everything from coffee and toiletries to fishing poles! We brought our own food but there was food in the cottage if we needed it. The stay was perfect. We plan on making it again!
Water area was a bit disappointing as it was not swimmable due to weed growth, but kayaking was good out into both parts of the lake. Nice area and accommodations were as described. Very comfy beds and linens! Cottage was well stocked with supplies and necessities
Cozy Cove is a perfect description for this cozy and comfortable two bedroom house on Lake Carey. Very clean and everything you can possibly need is provided for. We were lucky to have two perfect weather days late in September so we were out on the lake in shorts and tee shirts. Evenings were cool but the baseboard heating in the bedrooms was more than enough to be comfortable. Also did a little bit of Susquehanna River which was amazing. Headed to Ricketts Glen State Park for a little hiking. Had great deals on restaurants for "seniors". Laura was responsive and helpful to any questions.
My brother and I greatly enjoyed our 2 day stay at Cozy Cove. We were there on a Monday and Tuesday. It was quiet, a good place to read and excellent leisurely kayak paddle around parts of the lake. My brother slept deeply one of the nights, perhaps more in one night than he has in a long time. Of course, I greatly enjoyed the morning symphony from the Canadian geese on the lake in front of the house. Directions were clear and accommodations great , just what we needed. Thank you.
Went with 3 girl friends for a weekend get-a-way. Cottage was nice, boats were awesome, and weather was beautiful. Dock was great, played in the sun, also had some awesome large floats for the lake. Only con was that you can't really jump off the dock for swimming.
|Linens Fee / Per Set||$10|
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
If you have any questions, please ask. I can be flexible on many things because this is our family home, not a business. The insurance and damage deposit is requested because they both cover different things. Pets are allowed, but need to be discussed in advance. The pet fee is $50.00 per animal for the entire stay, not per day. Linens fees are $10.00 per set for the entire stay. A $10.00 charge will be deducted from the refundable deposit to cover any excess bath towel or linens usage, to cover cleaning/laundry costs.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.