When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Private apartment with 2 double-sized beds in a quiet and friendly residential area. Group of up to 4 people can sleep comfortably.
Only 7 minute to the nearest JR station and subway station which connect to Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Odaiba, Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower etc by DIRECT train.
Portable wifi provided for free.
We, foreigners living in Tokyo for 8 years, love to help you enjoy the charm of Japan.
We live only 2 minute walk away. You never have to worry as we are always there to help you when you need.
The neighborhood is extremely safe all hours. There are many families living around.
1 bedroom, dining room, kitchen, private bathroom with bathtub and shower, and 1 balcony
+ Free, portable wifi router (pocket wifi) to use at home and outside
+ 2 double-sized beds (140 x 200 cm)
+ Air conditioner with both heating and cooling functions
+ Dining table with chairs, Gas cooker, Fridge, Microwave oven, Toaster, Hot water pot
+ Rice cooker, Pans, Dishes, Bowls, Glasses, Chopsticks, Spoons, Forks
+ Hairdryer, Towels, Basic Toiletries (body soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
+ Standing mirror
+ Washing machine with detergent and softener
+ Vacuum cleaner
Quiet and beautiful residential area where you can enjoy real Tokyo life.
7 minute walk to JR and subway station.
Cherry tree (sakura) line just in front of your home!
Beautiful park in 15 second walk!
Supermarket selling everything from daily food, 100-yen items to Japanese traditional sweets in only 2 minute walk.
Chain drugstore 'Matsumoto Kiyoshi' just opposite the supermarket.
Convenience stores in 5 minute walk.
Ramen restaurant 'Sengoku Jiman', takoyaki stall, Okinawan restaurant, Curry house 'Coco Ichibanya', 24-hour open McDonalds etc in 5-7 minute walk.
Walking access to 3 stations:
1) 7 minute walk to JR Itabashi station on JR Saikyo Line. Very convenient if you have Japan Rail (JR) Pass!
From Itabashi station to
+ Ikebukuro: 3 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Shinjuku: 8 minutes to by DIRECT train
+ Shibuya: 15 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Odaiba: 33 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Harajuku, Akihabara, Ueno: 22-29 minutes with only one transfer
2) 7 minute walk to Nishi-sugamo station on Subway Mita Line.
From Nishi-sugamo station to
+ The Imperial Palace: 15 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Tokyo Tower: 20 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Tsukiji: 28 minutes with only one transfer
+ Asakusa: 35 minutes with two transfers
3) 10 minute walk to Koshinzuka station on Toden Arakawa Line.
How to get here from airports? By train or by bus or by taxi.
1) By train:
* Train from Haneda airport to Nishi-sugamo station: about 1 hour, $5.
* Train from Narita airport to Itabashi station: about 1.5 hour, $12. If you use the express train "Keisei Skyliner", it takes you about 1 hour and costs about $22.
If you have Japan Railway Pass (JR Pass), activate your pass at the airport. Take Narita Express train (NEX) to Shinjuku, and from Shinjuku take JR Saikyo Line to get to Itabashi. It's totally FREE if you have JR pass.
2) By bus:
* Direct bus from Haneda airport to Ikebukuro: about 1 hour, $10.
* Direct bus from Narita airport to Ikebukuro: about 2 hours, $25.
* From Ikebukuro, come to Itabashi station by train (about 3 minutes, $1) or come to the apartment directly by taxi (about 10 minutes, $10).
3) By taxi:
* Taxi from Haneda airport: about 40 minutes, $100.
* Taxi from Narita airport: about 1.5 hour, $250.
***INTERACTION WITH GUESTS***
* Check-in: We will pick you up from one of 3 nearby stations (Itabashi station, Nishi-sugamo station, Koshinzuka station).
* During your stay: We live only 2 minute walk away. Please feel free to contact us via phone or message when you need help.
* Check-out: We always want to say goodbye to you. However, if schedule doesn't permit, please drop the key at the mailbox near the entrance of the building.
***OTHER THINGS TO NOTE***
* The apartment is on the 2nd floor of a building which does not have elevator.
* Children under 6 years of age are free of charge.
House Rules: * Please be quiet and discreet. Don't be too loud after 10 p.m.
* No smoking inside the apartment.
* Please eat at the dining room, not in the bedroom.
* Pet is not allowed.
* Please turn off all lights, air conditioner, heater, fan etc before you go out (Power is very expensive in Japan).
I highly recommend this wonderful apartment for anyone travelling to Tokyo. It is very conveniently located just a short walk from the Itabashi subway station (just one stop away from Ikebukuro, which is a major hub and links to all of the major sights in Tokyo). The neighbourhood is incredibly charming and pleasant, many families and a park just across the street. Like all of Japan, it is incredibly clean and we felt very, very safe, even when walking home in the evening. The neighbourhood is away from the hustle and bustle of Shinjuku, while still being relatively central, which we liked very much.
The apartment itself is very clean and excellently appointed. Kim and Dai are the most thoughtful hosts, and had everything that we might need - toothpaste, dish soap, even q-tips! There was nothing they didn't think of! There is even free coffee and tea. We were two people, and found it a perfect size. A larger group, however, might find it tight. But the beds were spacious and very comfortable, and the kitchen and bathroom were very, very clean. The portable wifi was an absolute life saver!!!! We relied on it heavily and it allowed us to spend less time planning and more time exploring, because we could never get lost!
Kim and Dai were both incredibly helpful and attentive, responding to our many emails promptly and answering our many questions with patience and kindness. They are wonderful hosts, and I cannot recommend this apartment enough! Many thanks to Kim and Dai for helping to make our Tokyo experience incredible! We will be back soon!!