|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
• Built in the late 50's
• Less than two hours from Boston and four hours from New York City.
• Estate features the most spectacular views in the Mt. Monadnock region
• “Floor to ceiling” and “wall to wall” glass
• 24'x60’- 10’ deep swimming pool with large spa
• On the cover of the book "Breaking Ground: Henry B. Hoover, New England Modern Architect" and featured in "Tomorrow's Houses: New England Modernism" (both books available on Amazon)
• Tennis and Bocce Ball Courts
• Billiards and table tennis
• 55” Smart Samsung, Blue-ray, broadcast channels, internet (no dish or cable TV)
• 40" Sony, Blue-ray, Roku, internet, etc.
• Washer /Dryer
• Three fireplaces
• Grand piano
• Screen porch
• Patios, gas grill
• Well equipped kitchen with granite counter tops
• Top floor Master Suite (up the spiral stairs) has a double bath (two sinks, two toilets, tiled tub and a walk-in shower)
• Pets welcome with prior approval
We spent 4 September days in Jaffrey with our immediate family for a special occasion. Based on the pictures and reviews, we were expecting the house and property to be amazing and our expectations were far exceeded. The views are truly indescribable but I will try my best. Mountains for as far as you can see dotted with splashes of orange and red. The sight lines only get better as you get to the roof deck on the top floor. The house was immaculate and filled with more charm and character than you can dream of. Plenty of space for our large family to be comfortable and to get away if need be. The pool and hot tub were extremely clean and a great place to relax when you weren't shooting pool or playing bocce. The grounds were peaceful and serene. Tons of space to run around, explore the trails or simply enjoy a New England fall day. To top it off - the only thing more enjoyable than the house was dealing with Doug. He made sure our stay was everything we hoped it would be and more. He went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, had everything we needed and had every question answered. Our only regret was that we didn't book this house for longer!
My husband and I were browsing homeaway in search of a peaceful escape from the stresses of city living, and when we saw the pictures of this estate we knew we had found "the one." Our expectations were exceeded in every way. The home is a work of art and the views from the mountain top cannot be beat. The manager, Doug, was a pleasure to work with, and made us feel truly at home by answering our questions, keeping the house supplied with everything we needed for our stay (including fresh vegetables and herbs from his garden!), and several nice touches throughout the house (like fresh flowers in the living room). The house and property are so large and wonderfully maintained that it felt like our small family had an entire luxury hotel to ourselves. I'm looking forward to our next stay.
This house is absolutely incredible! It is better than the pictures - being surrounded on all sides by vistas relaxes your soul. We will be back.
Doug was terrific to work with. Don't think about it, just book it!
This is a tremendous house in a great location. the living space is incredible and the views amazing. We held a work offsite there and it was a great setting to work and also relax and enjoy the outdoors.
A great place for idea generation and collaboration; surrounded by the perfect backdrop of beautiful New Hampshire.
One of a kind mountaintop estate.
The 360 degree views from this home can not be beat. sunrise on one side to the sunset on the other and a day filled with tennis, hot tub and over sized pool there is no reason to ever come down from the mountain
Just a short drive from Boston, Hartford and New York City you will find a warm welcome as you explore the peaceful valleys and rustic beauty of the Monadnock region.
The mountain was designated a National Natural Landmark in 1984. The State Park is open year round with 40 miles of maintained foot trails and thousands of acres of protected land, this 3,165-ft. mountain summit is the most frequently climbed mountain in North America and the second most frequently climbed mountain in the world after Japan's Mt. Fuji.
Monadnock has been the inspiration for many writers, artists and musicians through the ages with poems and tales, paintings, music and dance dedicated to it. Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Mark Twain and Abbott Thayer are a few names associated with the original Dublin Art Colony at the dawn of the Transcendental Movement. They hiked Monadnock and considered it a favorite spot for writing, painting and reflection.
A network of cross-country ski trails is maintained on the lower portion of Mt. Monadnock.
Wildlife includes deer, turkeys and moose, as well as hawks, ravens and a rare eagle or falcon.
Ski areas include:
• Wachusett Mountain; 40 minute drive with great night skiing (you can see the lights from the house in the winter)
• Crotched Mountain; 40 min.
• Mount Sunapee; 1.25 hrs
• Mt Snow and Stratton; 1.5 hrs
• Waterville Valley; 2 hrs
|Refundable damage deposit||$2,000|
• We prefer to be paid by eCheck. If you want to use a credit card we will add 3% to the nightly rate to cover our cost.
• Rates are subject to change prior to confirmation.
• No refunds after 60 days prior to stay.
• Wedding event fees:
up to 50 ---- $2,000
51 to 75 ---- $3,000
76 to 100 max ---- $4000
• Propane gas use for the pool/spa will come out of the "damage deposit".
• "Release & Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement" must be signed.
• Pets are welcome with prior approval.