About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Elegant family-friendly getaway in urban Mérida.
This colonial-era, elegant escape is adorned in stunning, hand-crafted pasta tiles and architectural flourishes that nod to the Yucatan’s rich past. Modern amenities—like LCD TV, A/C., washer/dryer, and high-quality furnishings—make it the perfect indulgent space for relaxing after exploring Mayan ruins and the life-filled city squares of Mérida.
Large, open, and colorful living spaces turn this colonial-era city space into an elegant oasis for couples, friends, and families.
High-beamed ceilings, open spaces, and artful arch ways make this home easy for guests to escape and connect with friends and family, while secluded terraces on 3 levels and earth-toned art-filled walls provide this 2br 3 bath home with plenty of quiet, private spaces.
Enjoy an afternoon on the private pool terrace, adorned with tropical plants that have been carefully selected for their beauty.
Upstairs, the shaded, grand terrace is truly a magical place to enjoy morning coffee, afternoon drinks, or a locally made meal featuring the freshest foods from the nearby market. Want dinner delivered or made by a chef? Just ask!
Mérida’s convivial Santiago neighborhood is the center of expat life in the city, home to parks and markets, and just a short walk to busier areas with restaurants, historic cathedrals, grand plazas, art galleries, and museums.
WHY STAY WITH REMIXTO?
Your stay is professionally managed by Remixto. As our guest, you’re in great hands and will receive our Remixto star treatment, including:
- a friendly in-person welcome to get you settled in
- dedicated hotel-like concierge services at your fingertips, including airport pickups, in-house chefs services, private driving tours, and more.
- a treasure trove of recommendations for places to eat, sights to see and local characters to meet. We don’t recommend it unless we go there ourselves!
- hotel-quality soaps and shampoos because everyone deserves to feel special
We are Remixto, Merida’s premiere vacation home specialist. Our storied homes are thoughtfully well-appointed and hand-selected for their unique character and comforts.
When you’re ready to book, we guarantee 24-hour reservation inquiry response or 20% off your first night’s stay.
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2.- Reservations may be booked up until 11:00am local time on the day of check in. Reservations received after 11:00am local time may be subject to cancellation if they cannot be accommodated. The house will be ready up to six hours after a reservation confirmation has been received.
3. At check in, you will be required to provide a valid photo ID and sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request.
4. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. Electricity is metered per kWh and the meter will be read at check-in and check-out to determine usage. The cost per kWh is based on the rate assessed on the prior bill and is subject to change. For current rate info, please ask. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest.
5. A credit card authorization using a valid Visa or MasterCard is required at check in. Charges will be made to the credit card unless payment is processed through another form.
6. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in.
7. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request.
8. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Jan 23, 2018
WELCOME HOME! We’re Remixto, a new way to experience Mexico. We create unique, immersive travel experiences that celebrate the diversity of Mexican life: the vibrant global energy of CDMX, the colonial and Mayan history of the Yucatán peninsula, the stunning beauty of the Gulf Coast and Riviera Maya. We believe real-world travel experiences shouldn’t have to skimp on luxuries. That’s why our one-of-kind vacation rental homes come with world-class amenities and personalized travel services that allow you escape, indulge, and explore the rich culture and history of the place we love to call home.
What makes this House unique
When you stay in a Remixto home, you get to experience history. We handpick every home for its unique, colonial charm and stock it with modern, first-rate amenities and handcrafted, local comforts. With the privacy that comes with every one of our colonial homes and our 24/7, customizable concierge services, you can truly relax and live just like you’re at home—except better. Want to immerse yourself in local culture? Whether you’re looking to wander through cobblestone streets and colonial buildings, indulge in authentic late-night street food, check out weekend flea markets, relax on the beach, or all of the above, our team of experts can help you discover the hidden gems of Mérida’s historic neighborhoods.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Lovely colonial home!
We enjoyed our stay and it was sad to leave.
Lovely colonial house in nice neighborhood
We enjoyed our stay but had a few bumps along the way. We arrived around 9:15 PM so instead of being met by a person there was a lock box. However, the front door had a little trick to open it and we could not get it open so we walked through town to find a hotel room for the first night. Irving, our concierge, met us the next morning and showed us how to open the door. We have used VRBO several times before but this was the first time we were not greeted by a person and I would not do it again. The house is large and comfortable. The kitchen is well equipped but only had a bag of sugar and salt and no other condiments so we ended up only eating breakfast and snacks at the house. I loved opening the kitchen window to look out on to the street while washing dishes. The corkscrew did not work and it took them two days to get a new one. Although there was a washing machine, the clothes dryer to hang up wet clothes was broken and they never replaced it.
We slept upstairs and loved walking through the outdoor terrace to get to the bedroom which was spacious and very comfortable, Water pressure was poor upstairs and there was a regular machine noise that went on and off several times a night which they could not figure out.
The last two nights of our stay it rained really hard and both nights it rained into the living room. and on the stairway.
Overall we had a nice visit in Merida but for the price we paid for the house I would have expected things to be working better.
A magnificent Colonial house in Merdida!
We couldn't have been happier with Casa Colibri! What can I say the house was a Colonial gem! Magnificent in every way and waking distance to the all the major sights in Centro Historico!The staff at Remixto are extremely professional (Jonathan and Irving)and attentive from the booking of the property, stocking the fridge, recommending restaurants, arranging for a massage (Adani was great) and the removal of palm fronds from the pool! A perfect stay! Gracias
Beautiful place but needs some TLC
Casa Colibri is a beautiful home in the Santiago neighborhood of Merida. It is a good 15 minute walk to the entertainment district (Santa Lucia Square, 60th Street and the Paseo) The area is purely residential. There are no restaurants, bars or shops any closer so be prepared to walk. Still, the neighborhood is extremely safe and easy to walk.
Casa Colibri has so much potential. It is truly beautiful but the upholstery is dirty and makes you leary of sitting on the sofas and chairs. The air conditioner in the living room was not cooling and it made it very uncomfortable to spend any time there. They did not provide paper towels or dish towels for the kitchen. We had to go the store to buy some since we were there for 4 days.
Since it was just my husband and me, we spent most of our time at the pool and in the main bedroom upstairs. The pool area is lovely and we enjoyed cooling off there after coming in from hot afternoons and evenings in town.
The master bedroom is upstairs and is a bit tricky to get to. You have to climb up some narrow stairs, walk outside in the a terrace and then to the bedroom. The bedroom was perfectly comfortable (other than the dirty upholstered chairs) It was cool and roomy. We also spent a lot of time in the terrace outside the bedroom. It was perfect for cocktails in the late evening. We had an issue with cat droppings one day in the terrace. The next day we called the Remixto team and they promptly sent someone to clean it up. We were very happy.
There are 3 bathrooms which are ample and very clean. However, there are no towels or paper towels with which to dry your hands.
The Remixto team was there when we arrived and they were very prompt at the time of check out. We were really happy with their customer service.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Casa Colibri. I believe if they just clean the upholstery and fixed some of the dining room chairs and fixed things here and there it would be perfect. Next time we will use another Remixto property closer to the entertainment and shopping area.
Very nice house, really spacious the concierge was really helpful and provided a lot of information of interest. I would definitely return to this house.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in. 2. At check in, you will be required to sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request. 3. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest. 4. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in. 5. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request. 6. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.