Welcome to your Southwestern desert getaway in the valley of the Sun. Your Desert oasis awaits you in a quiet upscale western Mesa neighborhood in Zip Code 85203.
This beautifully southwestern decorated home has been designed to accommodate handicapped/disabled persons in wheelchairs. Front door is 42 inches wide and all thresholds are smooth, even the pool is wheelchair accessible, with a special step to get into the pool.
The home is 2400 square feet and is very open and spacious and painted in very rich earthy colors, and is situated on ¾ of an acre of lush private landscaping. The floors are covered in a rose colored tumbled travertine tile in a Versailles pattern in all the main living areas and traffic areas.
The Island kitchen / family room is open and spacious and fully equipped with all the major appliances plus all the small electrics (toaster, coffee maker, blender).
Most every thing you need to prepare a gourmet meal is at you finger tips including spices in the walk-in pantry. Also kitchen/family room has a leather couch and a 36 inch TV with a Bose surround sound / CD, DVD player.
The master bedroom has a King size Select Comfort adjustable bed (sleep number), which also has an adjustable pedestal so you can raise or lower your head or feet to watch the 27 inch TV. (Bed even has massage). The master bathroom has double sinks, one which is wheelchair accessible, a large soaking tub and a walk-in shower. Also you have a large walk-in closet. All the bedroom furniture is brand new.
The other two bedrooms have 1 queen bed and 1 full bed with color TV’s and remote controls.
The front room/entertainment room has a huge authentic Southwestern Bar, a leather sectional in front of a giant 75 inch high definition Big Screen TV with a DVD player and a VCR.
Go out the back patio door and you have your own personal outdoor oasis. The heated swimming pool is 9 feet deep at one end and is wheelchair accessible. Spa can be heated to slip into after a long day of golfing.
There is a dining table under the covered patio, a BBQ grill, and a high top and 4 chairs to have breakfast or lunch. There is no pool fence or life guard so children must be attended at all times.
The Unique Benefits at this House: I have been a resident of Mesa for years and I can point in in the direction that you need to go and suggest restaurants, shopping and activities that you might want to do.
Great open layout in a very quiet neighbourhood
Very private yard
Todd was accessible for questions
However could attend to some minor repairs
Would rent again
This house is a lot of fun. The landscaping around the house and the backyard is very cool - cacti, palm trees, exotic plants, etc.. The pool heated up nicely during a few cool days in the mid-50's in the winter. Todd was extremely responsive and accommodating. Could be a good house for a family, group of friends (especially Cubs spring training groups), or a couple -- which was what we did. Thanks Todd!
We arrived at 11am on the first day of our stay and Todd was gracious enough to let us check in early. He asked us to call when we were an hour out and he would meet us at the house, which we did and he was there when we arrived and told us all about his house. He explained everything very well and made sure we had paper towels, toilet paper and trash bags. Actually, there were no trash bags when we got there and he ran right out to make sure we had use of them!!
Both the front and backyard are great and the neighborhood is wonderful. I felt very safe in there and we didn’t have any problems at all. We did unfortunately have to cut our stay short and was only there 3 of the 5 nights but we did enjoy ourselves while we were there.
The property is just as pictured, the only thing I noticed was some cigarette butts around the front and back yard.. I don't smoke so I notice things like that. There was also a kind of of putting smell when we first checked in but I ran the fans while we were there and had the backyard door open most of the time because the weather was great. By the 2nd day I noticed the smell was gone so not sure what that was about. Also, I didn't notice when I booked that it was a property where "smoking was okay", so that really was my fault and maybe that is what my sensitive nose picked up (haha)!
Thank you Todd for doing everything possible to make our stay enjoyable.
The house is nice with a big backyard. We were able to bring our dog for the couple of days that we were there, which was nice.
We had a few problems while there.
1. The pool heater and jacuzzi heater stopped working and the pool maintenance couldn't fix it before we were leaving. We were refunded the extra we paid for heating the pool.
2. The air conditioner stopped cooling on the second day where the high was about 95. The temp wouldn't go lower than 80 degrees so we ended up buying fans to try to stay cool. The temp outside didn't get below 80 until about 9pm. We had the front door and sliding back door open to get a cross breeze until 10:30 but it wasn't working very well. We slept with the bedroom windows open and a fan in front of it all night. It finally cooled down around 2am. Due to the house being backed up to a major road, we were smelling vehicle exhaust all night and woke up with headaches. We were not offered compensation for the fans or for the inconvenience of the miserable night. He did offer for us to come back for a free night.
3. The air conditioning thermostat is connected to the wifi which allows for remote control by owner. Troy took control of the air conditioning unit and remotely turned it off even after we specifically asked him to turn it back on for the kids. The rooms that the kids were in were small. What little bit of cool air that the air conditioner was putting out was making it so their rooms were cooler than the rest of the house.
4. This may or may not be a problem for other people but there is no one that cleans the house in between guests. You are expected to clean before you leave since Troy does not charge a cleaning fee unless you do not clean up. We spent quite a bit of time cleaning the kitchen and bathroom before leaving. The floors were kind of dirty due to people before us not cleaning very well before leaving. I'd rather just pay a flat cleaning fee than spend the last hour of my vacation cleaning someone else's house, but that is just my personal opinion.
Overall, the experience wasn't pleasant enough for us to want to try this house again.
We stayed one night at this property on our way to pick up our new trailer manufactured in Mesa. We had an open utility trailer with us along with our Goldendoodle.
Our arrival time kept shifting and as we kept in communication with Todd, he was very flexible and accommodating in meeting our timing needs.
The property is spacious and very welcoming. As there were only two of us and our dog, the house was certainly larger than we needed. However, the large TV in the family/living room was a welcome respite from our road travels. The backyard was warm and welcoming. We did not use the pool as it was not heated and we arrived after the afternoon sun went down. The western desert/cowboy motif is appropriate for the area, despite the taxidermy animal heads on the wall. The kitchen was well equipped.
We walked the dog in the neighborhood and found no issues. It is a mixed suburban/rural area and conducive to comfortable walking. Seems like a great base from which to explore Mesa over a longer stay.
Our only negative was that the place was not entirely clean. The coffee maker had days' old mildewed grounds, which we emptied and cleaned. The bed is quite high and difficult for shorter folks to get in and out of, and although it is a Tempurpedic mattress, it is quite old. At his request, we sent Todd a short list of suggested items that needed attention. He seemed receptive to our suggestions.
Mckellips and Horne
Other Activities: Wildlife Viewing, Boating, Rock Climbing, Hot Air Ballooning
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Pool heat/week||$300 + Tax|
$1000-1400 per week
I accept PayPal;
A $500.00 Security/Damage/Cleaning deposit is required (refundable if the property is left the same way it is when checking in);
A Credit card # is kept on file for other damages.;
A $300 per week fee is charged to heat pool.
Credit Cards Accepted;
Dates available: Year Round
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.