About the property
- House1500 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
3 Bedroom 2.5 Bath Home three blocks from Beach
This beautiful home is only 3 blocks from the beach. It provides 3 bedrooms 2.5 bathrooms. Located in the city of Carpinteria, it is centered next to many restaurants, shops, downtown access, and only a 3 min walk to the ocean.
This home will help you forget about reality, and let you enjoy a true vacation experience. The house is across from the train pick up location, which gives you access to taking a 10 min ride to the heart of Santa Barbara. With so many attractions near by, this is a true destination to repeat over and over.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- English, Japanese
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great location but house was not set up for kitchen use and had problems
House is in a great location, close to the beach and downtown Carpenteria but it had several problems that should not have occurred and resulted in a less than satisfactory experience. I had to contact the owner several times and yet results were not acceptable.
We specifically selected this house because we had out of town adults visiting and wanted to provide a pleasant vacation stay. Total of 6 adults and 2 children.
1. Kitchen disposal was not operational and no reset tool was available to reset it. This caused major backup of the sink. Even after it was reset, any use of the dishwasher caused backup into the sink of dirty cruddy water that indicates the drain line is too small or has problems.
2, Kitchen did not have proper knives or utensils to be usable. Only 2 small dull paring knives were present- not even able to cut vegtables. There was no peeler, nor any kind of minimum kitchen knives.
3. The oven/range was brand new but had never been used. When we turned on the oven, the stench of "offgassing" and paint was so bad, we had to leave the house. That should have been checked/verified
4. The dishwasher was not mounted to the cabinet so when you extended the bottom rack with any dishes in it, the dishwasher toppled forward almost causing injury and damage.
5. There were no food storage containers found. This caused us to purchase plastic containers to store leftovers and food.
6. Several pans did not have handles making them unpleasant to use.
7. No baking pans were found which severely hampered food preparation.
8. Several of the pans were "nonstick" but the coating was coming loose which is an unpleasant situation and made us not able to use those pans.
9. There was no outdoor grill or BBQ which is mandatory for a Southern California home. There was a broken grill in the garage.
10. The single living room couch (black) was broken- the left side was disconnected from the rear making it unsafe to use. One of the two red chairs was loose and unstable.
11. Most disconcerting was that every bed was very hard and not comfortable to sleep in. Who wants to sleep on a Yoga Mat? We ended up buying and using several blow up mattresses.
12. Lastly, the water color and smell in the kitchen was yellow/brown and foul smelling. Not typical of municipal water. We had to purchase 10 gallons of water to cook with. This house should have a water filter if that is necessary.
I am very unhappy with the property .
Great beach house
You can not beat this location. A quick walk to town and the beach. The house was clean, spacious and provided the basics, but not some of the extras I have seen in other rentals (i.e. coffee, cooking spray, tin foil, etc...) I give it a 4 because of that (and because the train is LOUD and shakes the house). All that being said, we would stay again! Thanks!
Family reunion for a week
We were five adults with two small children, and the house was perfect for us. As well as the beautiful beach, there were shops and children's parks nearby. We enjoyed the train across the street. and dinners at the table outside. The house was comfortable and well stocked - everything went smoothly and easily. Everyone wants to do the same holiday in the same house next year. Thank you!
Sweet spot near the beach!
Great place just blocks from the beach and the little downtown! Would stay again next time.
Property was awesome! The perfect space for my family!
We had a great time! Absolutely loved the location, the house was clean and it was the perfect get away for my family! Will definitely stay here again!
We thoroughly enjoyed staying at this property. The property was well maintained and centrally located. Our only comment would be the kitchen is not fully stocked for a home that can sleep up to 10 persons. For example, there were only three plastic glasses and three or four wine glasses and no food storage containers. If the kitchen had been better equipped, it would have been perfect!