|Space||1,300 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Welcome to “Surfrider” HILO VACATION RENTAL HOME:
See all my homes at www.hilovacationhomes.com.
Get the best Hilo location without paying more. Compare walking out your door to snorkel with turtles to any other house. All this and a Hilo location just minutes from Downtown. Stay in a well landscaped home that is maintained to avoid mosquitos. Enjoy almost half an acre across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off bus tours. Take out the kayak and learn to stand up paddle board. NEED MORE SPACE?: Call us and ask about the upscale 3br/2ba beachfront house next door (Beaches house or www.vrbo.com/3948511ha). We also have another 3br3ba oceanfront house 5 doors down the street (Lilikoi house or www.vrbo.com/27643). Lastly, we have the newest house just 6 doors down the street (Hibiscus house or www.vrbo.com/4035464. Four bedroom, 3 baths that sleeps up to 15. I have 3 other homes just South of Hilo in Paradise Park that are on the water and very affordable. For current rates and availability on all our beachfront houses. PLEASE CALL US at 818 357-6889.
Vacation Rental Highlights:
• Large, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. Sleeps 8 with day bed and trundle bed in lower bedroom.
• 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo, on south Hilo bay, 5 miles from Hilo Airport
• East Hawaii’s best snorkeling across the street at Richardson’s Beach Park.
• Free Kayak, paddle board, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, booties.
• Full ocean views, outside seating, fruit trees, parking.
• Why settle for a house away from the water? This house is right across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. Home of the best snorkeling in East Big Island. Hilo offers few places to enjoy the ocean. These special places are always beach parks.
• Classic Hawaiian architecture with modern conveniences.
• Outside seating on deck overlooking south Hilo bay. Patio with large table and 6 chairs in front.
• House includes free use of kayak, stand up paddle board, boogie boards, snorkel gear.
• House is completely stocked. Everything you need for cooking, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryers. Ironing board/Iron, playpen, highchair and Cable Wifi.
• Living Room – Large couch and love seat with direct ocean views. Flat screen T.V. with Amazon Fire and Netflix for a huge selection of viewing options. Books and games for family fun. Cable Wifi.
• Kitchen – Everything you need. Coffee maker, blender, toaster, rice cooker, pots/pans. Lots of cooking tools. Large oven/range. View of Richardson’s Beach Park across living room out to the ocean.
• Bedrooms #1 and #2 – Same level as living room/kitchen. Both bedrooms share the main bathroom Ceiling fans in each bedroom.
• Bedroom #3: Below main house accessed from rear of house by separate outside door. There is no internal staircase. This is a large bedroom with a queen bed, night stand, ceiling fan, quality mattresses and linens. The bedroom also has a daybed with a trundle bed below the daybed. This bedroom has an attached bathroom.
• Main Bathroom: Shares the upper floor with the two bedrooms and living area. Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, hair dryer, shampoo and soap provided.
• Lower Bathroom: Part of lower bedroom. Shampoo, soaps and paper goods, towels, hair dryer provided
There is more to do in and around Hilo than any town on any of the Islands. It just isn’t well advertised because there aren’t resorts to promote the area. Please visit http://hilovacationhomes.com/hilo-activities/ for the best organized site - showing activities by driving direction.
• Waterfalls - Boiling Pots, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls, Waipi’o Valley
• Gardens – Hawaiian Botanical Gardens, Lili’uokalani Park and Gardens, Nani Mau Gardens, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
• Museums – Lyman’s historical and geological museum and The Tsunami museum. Both in downtown Hilo.
• Beach Parks – Richardson’s Beach Park, Onekahakaha Beach Park (the calmest), Carlsmith Beach Park, Reed’s Bay, Lehia Park. Punalu’u Beach Park and Whittington Park.
• Volcanic sights: Volcano National Park, Thurston lava tube, Kaumana Caves State Park, Pahoa transfer station, Live lava bike/hike tours in Kalipana Viewing area.
• Markets and shops: Hilo Farmer’s Market, Maku’u Farmer’s Market, Hilo Coffee Mill, Ka’u Coffee Mill, Volcano Winery and Mehana Brewery, Hilo Candy Company, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut and Punalu’u Bake Shop
• Other – Hilo Zoo, Palace Theatre
• Shop large stores for all your supplies. Just a quarter mile above the Hilo airport is a Walmart, Target, newer Safeway, mall with modern movie theater and cute stores.
• Looking for familiar fast food? In the same area is a Burger King, Panda Express and Starbucks. Just up the street on the north side is a Subway, Jack in the Box, McDonalds and Domino’s Pizza.
Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's Beach Park and 3 ocean front homes in Paradise Park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit.
Richard Standke purchased this house in 2014
Before I bought these homes I stayed as a guest. That was 5 years ago and my first time to Hilo. After paying too much for air fare and a rental car, it made sense to pay a little extra to stay in a great location. A wise choice. We loved it so much we bought the property we were staying at - a few doors down from this house. We have kept on buying them as they have come to market. This place rivals any place on earth, as you will find out.
If you plan on staying more than a couple days, you will have to enjoy the location. If you love the water and especially snorkeling, you will not find a better location. The best snorkling is in just a few feet of water right in front of the black sand beach. It is like swimming in a tropical fish store. Green sea turtles come to rest for the night in the evening at the rocks just beyond the black sand beach. The water is largely sheltered by the rocks creating a partial lagoon. Yet this house is just down the street from Downtown Hilo. Great for quick trips out to eat, shopping and many tourist locations. Review the "Location" tab for a list of over 20 great places to see.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website:
We rented both of Richards homes for our group of 16 running the Hawaii Ragnar, we couldn't have asked for a better location! The home was perfect for out group and although we were not there much it was great to come back to a nice comfortable bed after a long day of running. The home is directly across the street from a beautiful beach, we enjoyed the turtles and other wildlife along the beach - and of course the sound of the waves as we slept. Richard was more than accommodating while booking the home and left plenty of suggestions for places to eat and things to do, we had to call him a couple of times and he was very nice and helpful. Hilo reminded us of "old" Hawaii, not commercialized and many locals surfing on the beach. If you are looking to stay in this area of Hawaii, we could highly recommend this home!
This was the second stop on our two week Hawaiian vacation. We flew into Hilo from Maui to explore this side of the big island. This was a comfortable cottage located right across the street from a black sand beach with great snorkeling. Nice kitchen and living area. Great area close to town but near enough to the volcano that we didn't have to do too much driving. The only odd thing is the 3rd bedroom is accessible from outside. The kids wound bunking on the couch in the main part of the house because they didn't want to be downstairs. Great set up if there were two families traveling together to give some privacy.
We enjoyed listening to the ocean waves, frogs and rain in this well appointed home. Plenty of privacy and yet easy access to downtown cafes and farmers market. Richardson beach across the street is the most popular snorkeling area that would daily surprise you with sea turtles and tropical fish. The basement bedroom was a perfect space for friends and family to have their own privacy with its own entrance.
This was our first time in Hilo. The house had everything we needed for the 6 of us. The whole area had such a great vacation feel to it. There is so much to do. We wanted to travel around the Island more, but the kids were having so much fun at the beach park across the street we changed our plans. There are so many fish and we often saw turtles, especially in the evening. The home is comfortable and we had all our meals on the outside deck. I could do some work as needed - great wifi. We all want to come back.
It's a great location across from nice ocean parks, close to Hilo, quiet (except for on weekends, when there are many locals partying in the parking lot of beach across the street). There was such a nice view out the front of the home, and it would have been nice if there was a sitting area set up out there to enjoy it alfresco!
The biggest disappointment for us, was the layout of the home, which I didn't feel was described well in the VRBO description. Two bedrooms and 1 bath are upstairs in the main house, and the other bedroom and bathroom are in a separate unit downstairs, which meant that you had to go outside to get from one area to the other. This made it unfriendly for our young children and Grandmother who were traveling with us. We didn't like being separated and we couldn't use the downstairs bedroom for our children since it wasn't connected to the house.
Home is older (which is expected of a Hawaiian beach house), but is in need of some updating (general maintenance and nicer towels, bedding, furniture, etc.) One bedroom had a closet and dresser, but the other two didn't have any storage for your belongings.
House is just 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo on the South side of Hilo Bay. It is at the end of a small beach road across the street from Richardsons Beach Park, the best known beach park on this side of the Island. Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
*Continue on to Ahalanui Park's warm pond and then snorkle at Champagne Ponds (tidepools) in Kapoho.
* Venture South beyond Volcano National Park to Punaluu County Park for lots of black sand and full time lounging turtles.
* Continue South for Punaluu Bake shop and South Point Road. Incredible vistas from the most Southern point in the U.S.
* Go North along the beautiful Hamakua coast and go horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 18 2017 - Jan 2 2018
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.