|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
Welcome to “BEACHES” HILO VACATION RENTAL HOME:
Stay on the water close to Hilo without staying downtown. Stay in a well landscaped home that is maintained to avoid mosquitos. Enjoy almost half an acre across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off bus tours. Enjoy the best snorkeling of east Big Island at your doorstep. Take out the kayak and learn to stand up paddle board. NEED MORE SPACE?: Call us and ask about the upscale 3br/2ba beachfront house next door (#3948514ha). We also have another 3br3ba oceanfront house 5 doors down the street (VRBO #27643). Lastly, we have the newest house just 6 doors down the street (VRBO #4035464. Four bedroom, 3 baths that sleeps up to 15. I have 3 other homes just South of Hilo in Paradise Park that are on the water and very affordable. For current rates and availability on all our beachfront houses. PLEASE CALL US at 818 357-6889.
Please visit my dedicated website at www.hilovacationhomes.com. The Hilo Activities tab has the best organized overview of the many activities in and around Hilo organized by driving direction.
Vacation Rental Highlights:
• Large, 3 or 4 bedrooms, 2 baths. Sleeps 8
• 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo, on south Hilo bay, 5 miles from Hilo Airport
• East Hawaii’s best snorkeling across the street at Richardson’s Beach Park.
• Free Kayak, paddle board, bikes, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, booties.
• Full ocean views, outside seating, fruit trees, parking.
• Why settle for a house away from the water? This house is right across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. Home of the best snorkeling in East Big Island. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off tours. Hilo offers few places to enjoy the ocean. These special places are always beach parks.
• One of the newest Hilo vacation rental homes in the area built to very high standards.
• Outside seating on deck overlooking south Hilo bay. Additional deck outside master bedroom.
• House includes free use of Kayak, bikes, stand up paddle board, boogie boards, snorkel gear.
• House is completely stocked. Everything you need for cooking, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryers. Ironing board/Iron, playpen, highchair and Cable Wifi.
• Living Room – Large couch and love seat with direct ocean views. Flat screen T.V. with Amazon Fire and Netflix for a huge selection of viewing options. Books and games for family fun. Cable Wifi.
• Kitchen – Everything you need. Coffee maker, blender, toaster, rice cooker, pots/pans. Lots of cooking tools. Large oven/range. View of Richardson’s Beach Park from kitchen window.
• Master Bedroom – Upstairs for privacy with huge sink area and two-person shower. Master closet converted into beds #7 and #8, if required (mattresses can be moved anywhere). Ceiling fan. Private deck with seating and view of Richardson’s Beach Park.
• Bedrooms #2 and #3: On the same level as the living room and kitchen. Each has a queen bed, night stand, ceiling fan, quality mattresses and linins. The bathroom is between the two bedrooms. All homes have play pens.
• Master Bathroom: Shares the upper floor with the master bedroom. Huge master bathroom with double sink. Oversized double shower. Access to private deck. Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, hair dryer, shampoo and soap provided.
• Main Bathroom: Large bathroom with bathtub/shower combination. Shampoo, soaps and paper goods, towels, hair dryer provided
There is more to do in and around Hilo than any town on any of the Islands. It just isn’t well advertised because there aren’t resorts to promote the area. Please visit http://hilovacationhomes.com/hilo-activities/ for the best organized site - showing activities by driving direction.
• Waterfalls - Boiling Pots, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls, Waipi’o Valley
• Gardens – Hawaiian Botanical Gardens, Lili’uokalani Park and Gardens, Nani Mau Gardens, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
• Museums – Lyman’s historical and geological museum and The Tsunami museum. Both in downtown Hilo.
• Beach Parks – Richardson’s Beach Park, Onekahakaha Beach Park (the calmest), Carlsmith Beach Park, Reed’s Bay, Lehia Park. Punalu’u Beach Park and Whittington Park.
• Volcanic sights: Volcano National Park, Thurston lava tube, Kaumana Caves State Park, Pahoa transfer station, Live lava bike/hike tours in Kalipana Viewing area.
• Markets and shops: Hilo Farmer’s Market, Maku’u Farmer’s Market, Hilo Coffee Mill, Ka’u Coffee Mill, Volcano Winery and Mehana Brewery, Hilo Candy Company, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut and Punalu’u Bake Shop
• Other – Hilo Zoo, Palace Theatre
• Shop large stores for all your supplies. Just a quarter mile above the Hilo airport is a Walmart, Target, newer Safeway, mall with modern movie theater and cute stores.
• Looking for familiar fast food? In the same area is a Burger King, Panda Express and Starbucks. Just up the street on the north side is a Subway, Jack in the Box, McDonalds and Domino’s Pizza.
Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's Beach Park and 3 ocean front homes in Paradise Park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit. If one home isn't available, another one likely is and I can recommend the best home for your budget.
Richard Standke purchased this house in 2014
I own a large vacation rental 5 doors down the street and would refer guests to the owner of these homes. When she was ready to sell, she simply gave me a call. This house and the neighboring house share the same lot and I purchased them both. Owning these premier homes at Hilo's best location wass a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have made improvement such as new premium beds, new premium washer/dryer and opened up the views to the ocean. This place rivals any place on earth, as you will find out.
If you plan on staying more than a couple days, you will want to enjoy the location. If you love the water and especially snorkeling, you will not find a better location. The best snorkling is in just a few feet of water right in front of the black sand beach. It is like swimming in a tropical fish store. Green sea turtles come to rest for the night in the evening at the rocks just beyond the black sand beach. The water is largely sheltered by the rocks creating a partial lagoon. Yet this house is just down the street from Downtown Hilo. Great for quick trips out to eat, shopping and many tourist locations. Review the "Location" tab for a list of over 20 great places to see.
The house was a great place to stay and in a great location in Hilo. The kitchen was well equipped and big enough to fit several cooks. The boogie boards and snorkel equipment came in handy on the beautiful beaches in the area. Everything we needed was right here. Would stay again.
We rented both of Richards homes for our group of 16 running the Hawaii Ragnar, we couldn't have asked for a better location! The home was perfect for out group and although we were not there much it was great to come back to a nice comfortable bed after a long day of running. The home is directly across the street from a beautiful beach, we enjoyed the turtles and other wildlife along the beach - and of course the sound of the waves as we slept. Richard was more than accommodating while booking the home and left plenty of suggestions for places to eat and things to do, we had to call him a couple of times and he was very nice and helpful. Hilo reminded us of "old" Hawaii, not commercialized and many locals surfing on the beach. If you are looking to stay in this area of Hawaii, we could highly recommend this home!
We had a great time at the Beaches house. The website descriptions were all correct, and we arrived after having done our homework on the house and the area. We were not disappointed. The house was as described: well stocked, comfortable and roomy for a group of 7 (including 2 teenagers). We had a lovely crosswind blowing through the house most of the time and were quite comfortable at night (there are windows everywhere). The kitchen had everything we needed, including a blender for fruit smoothies (!!). The house was clean and neat, and well appointed (but we still felt we could relax on the furniture). The Wifi and TV were appreciated on our 'at home' rain-day. Hilo was wonderful and there were many things to see and do, and the house served as home-base for many days. The house is perfectly situated opposite the beach park, and we made multiple daily visits to see the turtles, swim, snorkel, look across the bay at Mauna Kea, gaze up at the moon, etc. The view from the house itself is great and we lived on the lanai as much as we could (many meals were had at the big table on the lanai, and we enjoyed the company of the geckos after breakfast). Richard was very helpful and made the rental process easy and smooth (Thank You!). Would we stay here again? Definitely. We feel there are still many things left to explore!
This is probably the best vacation rental I have stayed at. The house is very high-end and has everything you need. You absolutely get what you pay for here. In addition to being a great house the location can't be beat. Where else can you walk across the street and see turtles lounging on a rock. Tour buses regularly stop by as this Richardson's Beach Park must be one of their stops. It's that nice. It is also close to Hilo downtown. Within 10 minutes you can be anywhere in Hilo. The waterfalls are just a couple minutes above Hilo (Rainbow Falls I believe). On the way to Volcano National Park (about 40 minutes) we stopped at the Hilo Zoo (free!), the Mauna Loa nut factory (free!). The lava tub in Hilo is also a hidden gem. Very cool. Thanks Richard for the stay.
Overall the location was very good for our first stay in Hilo! Accommodations were adequate but unprepared for hot, humid conditions thus uncomfortable. Need to update fans and relocate attic fan for circulation upstairs. Small upstairs bedroom was too hot for occupancy!
The house was great. There was a little mix up on the initial cleaning, but they were so responsive, that it was more than made up for. Kitchen was well stocked with everything needed. House was a great location for beach access, and had all of the accessories needed for our group. The Hilo side is a must visit. Don't mind the rain showers, it didn't really impact our plans at all. Volcano NP and the numerous waterfalls were outstanding. Read through the Hawaii Reaveled book and look at the Hilo area. We did a number of the bolder hopping to waterfalls and lava tube expeditions. Both were off of the beaten path, and rank high on the list of things to do. Turtles galore. When we come back to Hawaii, we'll spend a few more days on the Hilo side and would hope to stay in the same house !!
House is just 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo on the South side of Hilo Bay. It is at the end of a small beach road across the street from Richardsons Beach Park, the best known beach park on this side of the Island. Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
*Continue on to Ahalanui Park's warm pond and then snorkle at Champagne Ponds (tidepools) in Kapoho.
* Venture South beyond Volcano National Park to Punaluu County Park for lots of black sand and full time lounging turtles.
* Continue South for Punaluu Bake shop and South Point Road. Incredable vistas from the most Southern point in the U.S.
* Go North along the beautiful Hamakua coast and go horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 3 2017 - Mar 31 2017
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Apr 16 2017 - Apr 23 2017
5 night minimum stay
Dec 18 2017 - Jan 2 2018
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.