|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Yacht House has it all! It is a great house for family reunions, group outings, girls weekend getaways, and a great place to stay for the gentleman's fishing retreat. Relax in the comfort of this historic century-old home located in the heart of Beaufort, North Carolina's 3rd oldest town that was voted "America's Coolest Small Town" in 2012 and 2013 as well as "Best Yachting Town" in 2012. Yacht House is fully renovated and tastefully decorated with sunlight streaming into each room. The architectural charms and beauty of old Beaufort have been preserved while providing the conveniences and comforts of modern living. We are proud that Yacht House now has an official historical plaque. The house was built by Alfred B Hooper in 1913 and completed in 1914. He was the lighthouse keeper at Cape Lookout Lighthouse from 1903 to 1909 and then of the Ocracoke Lighthouse from 1910 to 1912. Alfred Hooper passed away of typhoid fever in 1914 before the house was completed. His son Frederick Hooper took over completion of the house. In keeping with the yachting and fishing character of Beaufort, sailors and history buffs may appreciate that rooms in Yacht House are named for famous yachts of the past. Others will appreciate that Beaufort is a walking, biking, dog-friendly town with miles of picturesque sidewalks on flat streets, all complimented by the charm of this historic village. Beach lovers and fishermen will enjoy the 10 minute drive to one of Atlantic Ocean's prettiest beaches.
First floor amenities include: (wheelchair-accessible)
• A wide front porch with wicker furniture and a swing that invites you to sit and talk on a warm evening
• The foyer and the capacious living room complete with 55-inch TV, game table, board games, and books and video libraries
• The fully-equipped gourmet kitchen with all new stainless appliances and granite counter tops and a fully equipped bar
• A spacious dining area off the kitchen that seats ten in comfort with four more seats at the kitchen peninsula
• A laundry room with new washer and dryer
• A 250-square-foot deck off the kitchen with large gas barbecue grill and outdoor shower
• A wheelchair-accessible first floor full bath and bedroom with 42" TV (this room can double as an informal den). There are no thresholds on the first floor and doors are levered.
Second floor amenities include:
• A Master bedroom suite with king bed, TV and en-suite full bath
• Two bedrooms with queen beds and en-suite full baths
• A fourth bedroom with two twin beds full bath - 2 twin 16" high blow-up mattresses are also available
Other amenities and services:
• Premium cable and Netflix, Wi-Fi, and a land line telephone
• Bed, bath and kitchen linens furnished and changed weekly for longer stays (additional linen service and housekeeping are also available)
• Off-street parking
• Outside ADA-compliant ramp with reserved parking
• Discounted rentals on kayaks, paddle boards and bicycles.
Highlights of its many attractions within close walking distance of Yacht House include:
• Cape Lookout Ferry and town docks two blocks away
• Water-related entertainments and tours
• Nearby head-boat fishing and SCUBA diving
• Excellent restaurants and shopping within an easy walk, bike or trolley ride
• The Rachel Carson Preserve just across Taylor Creek -- less than a block away
• Tours of the town in a double-decker bus operated by the Beaufort Historical Association
• Beaufort Historic Site grounds and buildings from Beaufort's past including the first courthouse, jail and restored demonstration gardens
• The North Carolina Maritime Museum where you'll see the exhibits of Beaufort's maritime history including that of Black Beard, the world’s most famous pirate who was captured in Beaufort where he scuttled his ship, the Queen Anne’s Revenge
• Nightly "Pirate Tours"
• Tours of the Old Burying Ground with tombs from three centuries including that of Otway Burns of War of 1812 fame and of honored Confederate and Union dead
Discounted rates for stays at Yacht House are also offered to military, wounded veterans, merchant mariners and corporations. Please call 252-269-4251 to request information.
Yacht House is 1.5 miles from MRH airport. If you are flying, no need to rent a car. Let us know the tail number, type of plane, arrival time and how many are flying and we will pick you up and take you back -- with our compliments of course !
The owners of Yacht House are a retired shipmaster of oceanic vessels and maritime lawyer, lecturer and author and his wife. The owners reside in Beaufort
Yacht House purchased this house in 2014
If you ever walked the streets in historic Beaufort and wondered what the inside of these historic homes look like, this is your chance! Come on in and see why the locals love to live in these beautiful homes. Quiet neighbors, relaxing setting, the history of the Cape Lookout Lighthouse keeper that built this house originally! This house just makes you feel good and a place you want to be and come back to!
Newly renovated with no detail overlooked. From the wicker and swing furnished Beaufort front porch to the gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops to the 275 square foot deck with a large grill and outside shower. Downstairs bedroom can be used as a separate entertainment room for children and teens or for seniors private quite room.
The Yacht House was a perfect location for us to stay while in town for a family wedding. We had nine adults staying at the house, and the house itself became a gathering location for other guests. The one complaint I have is that the downstairs pullout couch across from the bathroom was supposedly very uncomfortable with the bar hitting people's backs so it was very uncomfortable.
This is a great house. We had 4 couples and enjoyed this wonderful house immensely. The owners have cared for it, decorated it smartly yet comfortably, and the location is great.
The Yacht House is a gorgeous home with plenty of room to stretch out and a very comfortable layout. My family truly enjoyed our stay and the location is perfect! Less than a block from the waterfront, it doesn't get much better. We had many late night Monopoly tournaments at the game table while watching the Olympics ceremonies. Can't wait to return to this home!
We have been coming to Beaufort for many years. Having family from the area we have always stayed with them. This was a nice change and in a wonderful location. It was so nice to be tucked away between Front and Ann street but still able to walk downtown. The home had everything we needed and more. We were even able to entertain 20+ guests comfortably. We hope to return and stay at the Yacht House on our next visit.
My extended family (6 adults, 3 kids) spent the long memorial day weekend in the yacht house and it was absolutely perfect! We spent hours and hours on the front porch watching the kids play and the world go by. The house was spacious and clean with bedrooms and bathrooms for everyone (we actually couldn't believe how many bathrooms there are... always a good thing!) The location of the house was also ideal - you can walk to the center of downtown Beaufort in 5 minutes. We'll be back!
A group of us stayed for the weekend and the Yacht House was great. Tons of room. So beautiful inside.
It was great for our group because it was close enough to walk to Front Street's shops and restaurants. Driveway could fit four cars. House came stocked with everything we needed. From towels and soap in the bathrooms to laundry detergent in the laundry room!
Looking forward to staying there again next year!
Seasonal events include the Old Homes Tour, the Art Walk, the Pirate Invasion, the Big Rock Fishing Tournament, the Beaufort Wine and Food Festival, Music Festival, Chocolate Festival, Christmas Candlelight Tours, and Pirate Tours. Year-round attractions include the NC Maritime Museum (including Blackbeard the Pirate’s Queen Anne’s Revenge artifacts and exhibits), the NC Aquarium, the Beaufort Historic Site, Fort Macon State Park, History Place, Core Sound Waterfowl Museum, Rachel Carson Reserve, Cape Lookout National Seashore, Wooden Boat Show, Wooden Boat Building Contest, Fourth of July Regatta and Christmas Regatta, Tryon Palace, Antique Shops
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Tis The Season - 2016
Nov 1 2016 - Jan 1 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|Cleaning Fee||$125 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||$100 + Tax|
|Processing||$50 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
Credit Cards Accepted are: Visa / MasterCard
Certified Checks accepted, money orders issued by the US Postal Service or wired funds (please call for this process).
Pet Fee-$100 per pet,
Park on gravel driveway to left of house, not curbside
!!!! Please let us know when booking if you need a child's gate, changing table or a pac-n-play !!!!
** SPECIALS AND GOODIES **
- BACK TO SCHOOL - Stay 4nts = 1 free/nt, stay 3nts = 1nt 1/2 off, stay, 2 nights get $75 discount. Kids are back in school, water is still warm, beaches are empty. Come put your feet up and enjoy the quiet of our front porch and slumber in our comfy beds!
- A STEAMY WEEKEND - Sea Food Festival - 5% off your stay & enjoy a seafood boil we have waiting for you. A pot filled with seafood, potatoes and corn on the cob. Enjoy cooking in our gourmet kitchen and dining on our new back deck!
- FALL BACK INTO COMFORT - stay a 4nt weekend, get 1/2 off 1nt, OR stay Mon - Wed & get the 5 bedroom house for a 3 bedroom rate $280/nt. Enjoy with us this time of year strolling along Front and Ann Street & watch the colors change as you relax on the front porch.
- FEAST & FAMILY - Just like going to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving - we will have for you apple / pecan pies, and other goodies to nibble on. The joy of autumn will surround you as you come onto the porch decorated with pumpkins, squash and autumn colors. Wrap yourself in a lap blanket as you enjoy the front porch swing with your cup of Joe and that warm slice of pie!
- HOLIDAY HUBBUB - The Candle Light Homes Tour is the weekend of Dec 12th. We will have up to 4 tickets for you to enjoy this magical event. The rest of special please enjoy 1/2 off any 1nt w/3nt. Enjoy the candle lit lanterns on the front porch and the lights on the back deck of this old home too.
- CELEBRATION - Upon your arrival we will have for you a bottle of Champagne and Shrimp Cocktail to celebrate the new beginnings of the New Year! Then snuggle on in with our cozy blankets.