Yacht House has it all! It is a great house for family reunions, group outings, girls weekend getaways, and a great place to stay for the gentleman's fishing retreat. Relax in the comfort of this historic century-old home located in the heart of Beaufort, North Carolina's 3rd oldest town that was voted "America's Coolest Small Town" in 2012 and 2013 as well as "Best Yachting Town" in 2012. Yacht House is fully renovated and tastefully decorated with sunlight streaming into each room. The architectural charms and beauty of old Beaufort have been preserved while providing the conveniences and comforts of modern living. We are proud that Yacht House now has an official historical plaque. The house was built by Alfred B Hooper in 1913 and completed in 1914. He was the lighthouse keeper at Cape Lookout Lighthouse from 1903 to 1909 and then of the Ocracoke Lighthouse from 1910 to 1912. Alfred Hooper passed away of typhoid fever in 1914 before the house was completed. His son Frederick Hooper took over completion of the house. In keeping with the yachting and fishing character of Beaufort, sailors and history buffs may appreciate that rooms in Yacht House are named for famous yachts of the past. Others will appreciate that Beaufort is a walking, biking, dog-friendly town with miles of picturesque sidewalks on flat streets, all complimented by the charm of this historic village. Beach lovers and fishermen will enjoy the 10 minute drive to one of Atlantic Ocean's prettiest beaches.
First floor amenities include: (wheelchair-accessible)
• A wide front porch with wicker furniture and a swing that invites you to sit and talk on a warm evening
• The foyer and the capacious living room complete with 55-inch TV, game table, board games, and books and video libraries
• The fully-equipped gourmet kitchen with all new stainless appliances and granite counter tops and a fully equipped bar
• A spacious dining area off the kitchen that seats ten in comfort with four more seats at the kitchen peninsula
• A laundry room with new washer and dryer
• A 250-square-foot deck off the kitchen with large gas barbecue grill and outdoor shower
• A wheelchair-accessible first floor full bath and bedroom with 42" TV (this room can double as an informal den). There are no thresholds on the first floor and doors are levered.
Second floor amenities include:
• A Master bedroom suite with king bed, TV and en-suite full bath
• Two bedrooms with queen beds and en-suite full baths
• A fourth bedroom with two twin beds full bath - 2 twin 16" high blow-up mattresses are also available
Other amenities and services:
• Premium cable and Netflix, Wi-Fi, and a land line telephone
• Bed, bath and kitchen linens furnished and changed weekly for longer stays (additional linen service and housekeeping are also available)
• Off-street parking
• Outside ADA-compliant ramp with reserved parking
• Discounted rentals on kayaks, paddle boards and bicycles.
Highlights of its many attractions within close walking distance of Yacht House include:
• Cape Lookout Ferry and town docks two blocks away
• Water-related entertainments and tours
• Nearby head-boat fishing and SCUBA diving
• Excellent restaurants and shopping within an easy walk, bike or trolley ride
• The Rachel Carson Preserve just across Taylor Creek -- less than a block away
• Tours of the town in a double-decker bus operated by the Beaufort Historical Association
• Beaufort Historic Site grounds and buildings from Beaufort's past including the first courthouse, jail and restored demonstration gardens
• The North Carolina Maritime Museum where you'll see the exhibits of Beaufort's maritime history including that of Black Beard, the world’s most famous pirate who was captured in Beaufort where he scuttled his ship, the Queen Anne’s Revenge
• Nightly "Pirate Tours"
• Tours of the Old Burying Ground with tombs from three centuries including that of Otway Burns of War of 1812 fame and of honored Confederate and Union dead
Discounted rates for stays at Yacht House are also offered to military, wounded veterans, merchant mariners and corporations.
Yacht House is 1.5 miles from MRH airport. If you are flying, no need to rent a car. Let us know the tail number, type of plane, arrival time and how many are flying and we will pick you up and take you back -- with our compliments of course !