About the property
- Apartment780 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Entry-level apartment in 3-story Victorian rowhouse with street entrance
Enjoy the Location and Foggy Bottom lifestyle. Historic rowhouse located in the heart of Foggy Bottom near George Washington University Campus and World Bank. The apartment has one bedroom with queen bed, one queen sleep sofa, and one double sleep sofa. Full kitchen and separate bedroom with bath. Closets and bookshelves for storage. Large living room with sleep sofa. Sit at the bay window to plan your visit. Fast broadband wireless and 49 inch cable TV with over 70 channels. Kitchen has gas oven and range, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Bathroom has shower and is located in the bedroom. There is also a dining area. Check-in is available anytime after 230pm. Please check out by 1130am and you may leave your luggage in the entryway during your checkout or check-in day.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
Why sally obrien chose Foggy Bottom
The Gowan House is an historic rowhouse in Foggy Bottom between 25th street and St. Paul's Church. The house was built in 1890 and has four floors. The apartment is about 700 square feet. We have central air conditioning and central heat and a fan is available for those who prefer to open the window. The apartment has security features and is on a safe street. The front door of the apartment is protected with two doors with deadbolt locks.
What makes this Apartment unique
The location is perfect for visitors seeing the major sights in DC or for those attending meetings in downtown DC. We are located on the blue/orange/silver line metro with easy access to Dulles and Reagan Airports. We are within quick walking distance of shops, grocery stores, and restaurants. 25th Street is quiet and a nice place to walk in the evening on the way to Kennedy Center or LIsner Auditorium. We are within walking distance of the Lincoln Memorial and the Mall. The Flat is only a 7 minute walk to DC's only kosher restaurant.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Perfect Flat to stay in Washington. ALL PERFECT
Great place to stay in DC. Close to everything...comfortable and quiet.
Hosts are great! Very nice and accommodating!
Everything very nice. For two it was spacious and comfortable.
Everything fine for two.
Great location, less than great experience
- Amazing location. Safe neighborhood, walking distance from the White House, so awesome.
- Apartment was as pictured, no major surprises.
- No disturbance from upstairs unit at all.
- Sally (owner) responded to all our questions within 30 minutes (prior to checking in, much slower to respond after checked in)
- We have a 6 month old, needed a crib, and were traveling from Texas, so did not have room to pack a pack-and-play crib. Sally was so nice to allow us to purchase a crib on Amazon, have it shipped to the apartment prior to our arrival, and then reimburse us for the cost of the crib (she kept for future renters). Thanks!
- "Smart" Nest thermostat defaulted to 77 degrees. We could manually set the temp, but after a few hours it would auto default back to 77 .The thermostat is mounted in the common hallway. I suspect it would not detect motion often (because the common hallway is not a regularly occupied place), and then default to 77 degrees. Whatever the cause, we woke up hot every morning in the summer. Could be an easy fix
- The washer leaked heavily over the entire kitchen floor, around 5pm, as we were leaving to meet friends for dinner we had not seen in several years. We didn't want to walk out and leave the leak, so we grabbed all the bath towels and wiped it up. Ended up late to dinner. Messaged Sally (owner) and she didn't respond until midnight. That night we were out of towels (because we used them all to soak up the leaked water, so my wife dried herself off in her clothes after her shower later that night. More towels were left in the common hallway the next morning, and Sally scheduled a handy man to fix the issue. I found it to be the water drain tube from the washer, fell out of the drain pipe in the wall. Easy fix. Recommend a much more secure fitting; it will fall out again, and leak, if left as is.
- Our last night there, aprox 15-20 police showed up to the home to the left (if facing the home). There was yelling and lights and tons of neighbors outside from around 10pm-12am. A known squatter was living there (stated by owner after we checked out). It would have been nice to know a squatter was living in the next home.
Great location, but could have been a lot better experience with more attention to details and disclosure from the owner. Would definitely stay in that area again, just not that specific apartment.
UPDATE: This review was not accepted, submitting again.
Convenient spot to stay
Close to Trader Joe's and metro station. Don't need the a car since the metro station is super close, about 2 blocks away.
I brought my family of 2 kids with me (2 and 5 year old ) and had no problem with them sleeping in this place. Shower provided great hot water consistently .
Comfortable and very convenient!!
Our group had a wonderful stay! The house was easy to find, very comfortable and literally 5 minutes from the metro. Trader Joe's was a block and a half away for our groceries and last minute treats!! I loved cooking in the kitchen for our brunch and dinner. Sally was easy to contact and responded quickly when we had a question. Great neighborhood and so happy to be able to store our luggage for our last day of touring around DC! Thanks, Sally:)
We are located in a residential enclave in downtown Washington DC. Perfect for sightseeing or business trips to the World Bank, IMF, GW University, State Department, embassies and US Institute of Peace. Our guests often bike or walk to Washington Harbor, Rock Creek Park, the Washington Mall, C&O Canal. All of the Smithsonian Museums are easily accessible by Metro or Circulator Bus, and the Textile Museum and Washingtonia Museum just a 10 minute walk. The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a 14 minute walk (buses also available).
Because this house is in a quiet neighborhood we ask guests to refrain from loud music after 10pm.