|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Have the quintessential lakeside retreat by escaping to this cozy Caneadea vacation rental cabin. Situated just across the street from Rushford Lake, one of the cleanest and clearest lakes in New York, this charming home is the perfect place for those looking to simply relax and reconnect with friends and family!
Offering 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and enough space to accommodate 11-12 guests throughout 1,600 square feet of living space, this inviting residence is fantastic for multiple families or a group of friends out for a memorable lakefront getaway. This house has been completely renovated within the last 10 years, so you’ll find it very clean and equipped with all the essential comforts of home, including in-unit laundry machines, central heating, a/c units, and ceiling fans in every room to keep you cool on the warmest nights.
After a day out on the water, come home to refuel with a meal prepared in the full-service kitchen, which comes with a microwave, gas stove, and fridge. Later, retreat downstairs to the game room, where you can play a game of air hockey, ping pong, darts, pool, or utilize the multiplayer video game console. In addition, there’s plenty of space to spread out and relax in the open, 20 x 20 family room, complete with a TV and Blu-Ray player, as well as a sectional couch that unfolds into a full-sized bed. Your evenings will be best spent outdoors lounging on the patio furniture, socializing with your companions, and admiring the picturesque lake views on the raised, gated front deck. The rear deck is also gated for your safety and privacy. When you’re ready for some shut-eye, retreat to one of the inviting bedrooms to rest up for another eventful day. The master bedroom serves as a peaceful retreat with incredible lake views and a king-sized bed, plus a full-sized pullout mattress and cot for additional sleeping space. On those warm summer nights, you may even choose to camp out in the semi-private backyard on the mossy lawn by the campfire!
There’s truly no better destination for your next lakefront retreat - Rushford Lake is fed by local mountain streams after the dam is closed in April, allowing it to warm up much earlier in the year than other lakes. In addition, it offers some of the most beautiful, clear, and clean water in all of the state. Unsurprisingly, boating, fishing, waterskiing, and jetskiing are all extremely popular activities in the area. A canoe is even provided at the house for your use! If you’d prefer to simply relax in the sunshine, lounge on the semi-private, sandy beach, located only a few hundred feet from the property. For more beach adventures, drive 5 minutes to reach a lifeguarded public beach, which features several swim platforms and calm, shallow and sandy waters.
The new dock provided with the property is also 5 minutes away and offers 40 feet of secure, private docking space, a fishing pier, a park, and hundreds of feet of lakefront access along the shore!
Experience Caneadea's stunning natural beauty by exploring the area’s breathtaking parks and preserves. From this house, you’ll be just 3 minutes from the Moss Lake Nature Preserve, where you can hike, feed catfish swarms, and venture out on a boardwalk over an ancient floating bog. You’ll also find Genesee River access only 5 minutes away. Enjoy a scenic hike up the Rush Creek delta towards the Rushford Lake dam. The golfers in your group will be pleased by the abundance of golf courses within 20 minutes of the house, golf clubs are even provided! While you’re in the area, visit historic Angelica for great food and antique shops. Venture 30 minutes to the northeast to reach the iconic Letchworth State Park. Other close attractions include Seneca Gaming and Entertainment and Six Flags Darien Lakes amusement park. During the winter months, you’ll get to experience the area in a new way when the landscape becomes blanked in snow - you’re sure to love skiing and snowboarding at Holiday Valley Ski Resort and Kissing Bridge Ski Resort, each accessible within 30 minutes of the property.
Even though you may feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this house is only 30 minutes from Cuba, New York, where you’ll find great local restaurants and quaint shops. If you’re in the mood for a night on the town, Ellicottville is just 35 minutes away and boasts a brewery, shopping, and numerous dining options. Whether you’re traveling to Caneadea for thrilling outdoor recreation or to simply relish in the area’s natural beauty, this delightful Rushford Lake vacation rental house will quickly become a place you want to return year after year!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include an expansive deck, 2 full bathrooms, locking garage with many entertainment options, RV parking, 40' boat dock, gas and charcoal grills, air hockey table, ping-pong table, pool table, darts, video game console, central heating, ceiling fans, window A/C, and in-unit laundry machines, Keurig machine, coffee maker, fire pit and small kitchen appliances
- Child friendly, including pack and play, stroller, gates and latches, high chair and movies/games/toys provided for children birth-12 years old.
- Phenomenal location! Directly across the street from Rushford Lake with a sandy beach just steps away
- Within easy reach of state parks, rivers, golf courses, shopping, restaurants, and so much more!
- New boat dock near Dam, only 5 minute drive from the property
Bedroom Configuration: Linens Provided
- Master Bedroom: 1 King-sized Bed and 1 Full-sized mattress underneath the bed
- Bedroom 2: King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3: Twin-over-Full Bunk Bed
Additional Sleeping: Linens Not Provided
- Full-sized Sleeper Sofa in the Living Room with extra mattress for comfort
- Cot (please bring sleeping bag if planning to use this bed)
- A Full-sized futon upstairs can sleep additional guests
- A Queen-sized air mattress can sleep additional guests
- A Pack-and-Play, toys, and safe, gated front deck are available for infants and toddlers
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Blankets will be available for cold nights, but it is the guests' responsibility to make sure they are clean and folded upon checkout
- Towels at the property may be used as long a they are washed and folded back into place prior to check-out
- Boats must be under 21-feet in length unless a pontoon. No cubby-cabin boats allowed per Rushford Lake Recreation District Policy. Boats may require a one-time launch fee of $35-50 if launch is attended; see binder at the cottage for details
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
The owners were accessible and thorough in their instructions for the place. It was really exactly what we were expecting based on the description, which is why I'm absolutely rating it 5 stars. It was large enough to be comfortable for seven people in their mid-twenties. We cooked almost all of our meals at the place. Not having any access to internet was a bit of a pain, and I do think it would be worthwhile to note that there is very little nearby in terms of stores/entertainment, but again we really enjoyed our stay.
Also worthy to note: The drive to Holiday Valley Ski Resort is only about 45 minutes according to Google Maps, but the drive is on two lane highways through some pretty hilly terrain. I would highly recommend having a four wheel drive vehicle if you intend to make that trip. We survived without one, but almost got stuck a few times!
Overall our stay was nice. It had a bit of a rough start though due to a communication mishap with the cleaning service and the date of our arrival. It was dealt with very professionally by the owners though as they made it right and were very apologetic. It is very kid-friendly with plenty of toys - indoor & outdoor. Nice little yard & fire pit. The neighborhood was very nice & people were friendly. The "beach" within walking distance was a big hit with the kids as well. The patio is very spacious where you can see the lake - we ate dinner out there every evening. No television service/satellite or internet service though so only able to watch dvds. No bathtub, only showers in each of the bathrooms which made it a little difficult with young kids but we managed. We enjoyed our long weekend stay.
The property is just as described. The fridge in the garage was perfect. The walk to the beach was short. The neighbors were nice enough to let us use the local dock to pick up and drop off since the boat dock for the house is across the lake.
I would say that the fans are a little low, so watch you heads. The kitchen had the basics, but I would have preferred a few of my pans from home.
There were plenty of games, movies and chairs which was a nice bonus.
I would highly recommend the home to anyone.
Very well kept, plenty of toys and activities for kids, great yard for entertaining and relaxing. Very spacious. All the amenities you could need. Would absolutely recommend to others.
- Owner's were friendly and accommodating and shared lots of amenities with us. The cottage was clean, in a nice neighborhood, and had plenty of room for the kids to play and explore. Nice that the towels and sheets were provided as well. Easy access to the water. Great deck and firepit for entertaining. We would highly recommend this cottage and look forward to another visit.
Very nice place close to lake. I have stayed at least 6 different property's on rushford and this is one of the cleaner, more modern camps. Owner is easy to contact and very helpful. Quiet neighborhood with friendly people.