When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Spend your Cape Cod vacation hanging out with friends and family in this newly listed beautiful and elegant beach retreat. Just a short stroll to the spacious Colonial Acres Beach in West Yarmouth, this graceful home has everything you could want to make your vacation awesome including great water views, a chef's kitchen, outdoor shower, central air and an attached garage for your bicycles, scooters or auto.
Three bedrooms: two on the walk out lower level and a master with on-suite on the second floor.
Cathedral ceilings with a skylight in the kitchen, a breakfast bar and twin sliding doors that exit onto your second floor deck for cocktails and the sunset view of Mill Creek/Lewis Bay.
Suitability: Minimum Age Limit for Renters, children welcome, no smoking, no pets.
We are restaurateurs who love the Cape and the beach. Any time we can get away we are either at the beach or enjoying sunsets from the deck. We love antiquing, so we like to frequent the local antique shops and hunt for treasures. Since we are both chefs, we really love the kitchen in our Cape Cod home.
David Brotzman purchased this house in 2015
We love out home on the Cape. We named it "Shaken, Not Stirred" after the name of our favorite shade of gray paint (did you know there are at least 50 shades of gray?) LOL!
Also, our neighbor's home is named "Baby Martini", so we thought we'd stay within the neighborhood's cocktail theme.
But, most of all, it was the quality of construction and the views from our second floor balcony that caused us to fall in love with our home.
Being so close to the beach is great, but being close to shopping, restaurants, the hospital, the airport and the ferry to Nantucket are also benefits to our home's location. It's so nice to have everything within a few minute's travel!
Thanks for your message!
As I wrote in the golden book, we had a wonderful time in Cape Cod! The region is beautiful with so many things to do and to visit.
And your house is gorgeous and very well equipped!
We could just feel at home!
Christine & family.
The house is decorated perfectly. The backyard is a perfect place to hang out during the day and kid friendly. The house came with bikes and all beach necessities. The beach was right down the street and beautiful. David was very accessible and checked in throughout the week to make sure all our needs were taken care of.
We're a family of five and stayed here for a week during prime Cape Cod season this August. It was a fantastic trip and here's some information you may find helpful:
1. The house and decor has amazing attention to detail. It's beautiful and captures the spirit of Cape Cod perfectly. It's an "upstairs" dwelling meaning that two bedrooms, bath, washer and dryer, are at ground level but most of the home (kitchen, family room, master bedroom and bath, and deck) are on the second story. The stairs are steep so keep this in mind if you have little kids or a senior in your group.
2. The owners are very professional and kind. Communication was great and we had no issues. They provided us with a detailed booklet on using the home amenities and enjoying the Cape Cod experience. The outside barbecue is first-rate and the entire home is fantastic.
3. The home sits just outside (5 minute drive) of downtown Hyannis. It is not directly on the water but sits near an islet. The closest beach is a short bike ride down a two lane road. There are also TONS of beaches within a short 10 to 20 minute drive. We found Sea Gull beach to be the best beach closest to the home.
4. You'll need to rent linens and towels. DO NOT use Iggy Biggy Rentals. We found them to be unprofessional and hard to get even basic communication from.
5. We rented bikes for the week from Bike Zone Rentals. They pick up and deliver to the home if you don't have a bike rack. While riding bikes in the neighborhoods close to the home is great, we DO NOT recommend riding back and forth from Hyannis. There are no bike lanes, the traffic is heavy, and it's not an easy endeavor, especially for kids and grandma. Cape Cod local government would really improve the experience by creating a Cape-long bike path (there are sections but its not end to end).
6. Hyannis is great for dining and to catch the ferry to Nantuckett or Martha's Vineyard. Highly recommend day trips.
That's it. Hope you can book it and if so, you'll enjoy your stay.
This lovely home and yard are well represented in the photos. Every room was beautifully decorated and very clean, with comfortable beds and furniture. Be aware one of the two bedrooms downstairs has 2 twins made into a king. (Not 2 full beds as stated in the description). Ordered linens and towels from Cape Cod Linens. Ordering was easy and they were waiting in a large plastic tub on the doorstep. Beach towels and bath mats were provided by the owners. Excellent kitchen appliances and cookware, nice selection of savory spices in the cupboard, washer and dryer, 2 bicycles and beach chairs and umbrella in the garage. There is a small beach down the street that is not crowded and requires no fee unlike most beaches on Cape Cod. It is more of a crushed shell beach than sand. Nearby Mill Creek which looks like a large pond is the water view you can see pictured from the upper deck. It is just steps away from the house. A good place to kayak if you have one. We were visiting when young osprey were just starting to fly which was a great bonus for us. A beautiful view while enjoying coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at sunset! One of our favorite spots was the lounge chairs under the tree on one of the lower decks. In the afternoon there was a perfect breeze and once you lean back in those chairs you are transported to a place of bliss. Large new gas grill and plenty of deck space and table and chairs. The house has A/C and ceiling fans in each room. The owners, David and Kim, are so kind and friendly, and were available to answer any questions we had about things to do, places to eat, etc. They provide a detailed welcome packet that describes and pictures where to find things in the house and how to access cabłe TV, Wifi and free movies on Netflix. The main roads of travel are easy to access, there are plenty of nearby restaurants, grocery stores (including Trader Joe's and Whole Foods), shopping malls and putt putt golf all 10 minutes or less away. We loved this home and the hospitality of the owners. They sincerely want your stay to be memorable.
Located just steps from the Colonial Acres beach, one of the cleanest and most beautiful beaches in the Hyannis/Yarmouth area.
|Property Damage Protection||$99|