|Minimum Stay||3 - 10 nights|
Kona Bali Kai direct Oceanfront condo Unit 204 on the Big Island of Hawaii only 30 feet from the water. Master bedroom has 8' floor to ceiling windows with ocean view. Fall asleep to the sound of the ocean waves, and when a big wave come in and you are sitting on the lanai, you can feel the ocean spray.
If this unit 204 is booked for the nights you want, check out my VRBO listing #48663. This 3rd floor listing is identical to my 2nd floor listing. Has an incredible 180 degree view with the same large lanai etc. Check it out and see if I have your dates there.
A second bedroom with a queen bed is available in this unit for an additional charge. Ask for more details.
Kona Bali Kai Resort is on famous Alii Drive, just 2½ miles south of the quaint town of Kailua-Kona where you will find great restaurants and shopping. From the condo's private lanai you can watch local surfers, and may see see whales, dolphins and turtles..not to mention the breathtaking 180 degree view. Imagine yourself eating dinner on your own private lanai and watching the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
Kitchen with full size appliances and washer and dryer in the unit. Cable TV, DVD player, linens provided, wireless internet in the unit. Free covered well lit parking close to elevator and stairs.
Keywords: Kona Bali Kai Hawaiian Vacation Condominium Resort Rentals, Holiday Home Rental, Beachfront, Oceanfront, Castle Kona Bali Kai condo, oceanfront, Kailua Kona vacation rental, Hawaiian vacation, Hawaii retreat, Condominium complex, Vacation Resort, House Rentals, Holiday
I have had the pleasure of staying at 308 Kona Bali Kai for the past 12 years, accompanied from time to time by family and friends. It provides a perfect "home from home" base from which to discover the Big Island. Close enough to the restaurants and night life in Kona, but remote from the hustle and bustle of the same. The condo is extremely comfortable and well equipped, providing such little extras that put the icing on the cake of any holiday. Cool boxes, beach umbrella and chairs to name but a few. Over the years that I have visited the condo has been tastefully refurbished, with ongoing improvements always noticeable on my return. Oh, and I nearly forgot, the lanai......
Perfect Hawaiian views of the ocean and being westward facing, the fabulous sunsets also. All in all a gem of an apartment. I shall return!
This was our first visit to the Big Island, and we spent a week here celebrating my birthday. We're not exactly the resort variety, and we like to immerse ourselves in the local culture. With that in mind, we found this place to be perfect in that aspect.
Our favorite things about the unit:
- As was mentioned in the other reviews, the large lanai. We spent most of our mornings and evenings here enjoying the view and the sounds of the surf. The lanai overlooks the famous Banyan Beach surf spot, and we enjoyed watching the surfers. The view from the living room and bedroom were excellent as well.
- "Da Poke Shack" is right downstairs! This place is consistently ranked as some of the best poke on the Big Island, and it was the first place we ate upon arriving.
- The unit is fully stocked (especially the kitchen). We're "foodies" so we didn't spend much time preparing food here. However, there were a few occasions where we made breakfast, as well as some fresh Kona coffee (there is a grinder and coffee maker), and we found everything we needed. We could have just as easily prepared food here all week with how well stocked it was. We also found the washer/dryer very useful as well as the laundry basket.
- The free Wifi.
- The air conditioner in the bedroom. We stayed here at the end of July, so there were a few nights we ran it when it was especially hot/humid. As somewhat of a side note, I believe somebody in another review mentioned it was on a 2 hour timer. It is actually a 12 hour one.
- The Big Island Revealed book under the coffee table (among the many other useful guide books). This especially helped us with our exploration of the island.
- The ample parking.
A couple of other notes:
- As a friendly note to future renters, the ceiling fans in the bedrooms are on speed switches with a scale of 0-4 (with 0 being off). In the excitement of everything, we set it at 4 the first night thinking this was the fastest setting. They only ran at medium speed though. It didn't occur to us until the next morning that 1 is actually the fastest setting.
- Liane (the owner) was very responsive, helpful and friendly. We will undoubtedly consider her units first when we return to the Big Island. Thank you for making our stay a wonderful one!
This is an amazing place to stay. I hesitate to tell just how great it is because it will make it difficult to get a reservation for this hidden gem. It's in a perfect spot on Kona just a short distance from Kona twin and the shops and restaurants but still just remote enough to feel like Hawaii. The view is spectacular. If you don't like sea turtles or beautiful sunsets than this place is not for you. Haha
I have had the great joy to stay at Liane's condo's in Kona. I am familiar with both units 204 and 308, both have amazing views of the the ocean and the surfers. Both condos are nicely furnished with everything you could need or want. The area is beautiful and close to the quaint town of Kona. It was just the perfect place to stay.
This was our third time in Kona and our first time at Liane's. This was the perfect location. We especially enjoyed the large lanai for eating, reading, relaxing and napping! Being so close to the water, we enjoyed the view and the sound of the waves. We found the condo to be clean and comfortable and appreciated the beach equipment and laundry facilities in the unit. Miller's Dive Shop was very convenient and we were able to get our snorkeling equipment for the week for a very reasonable price. Staff there was knowledgeable and friendly. Liane was easy to work with and provided lots local information, a very comprensive renter's guide that enhanced our stay on the island. She had some great suggestions for local food and activities and we enjoyed many of them. We had a great relaxing week and would definitely want to stay here again. Thanks, Liane.
I love this place. You can sit right on the water on your Lanai, enjoy the view and watch the local surfers. This is our 5th time here and have always enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. close to everything.
BEST DEAL ON THE BIG ISLAND
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I have stayed in this unit several times and it NEVER disappoints. One of the best surfing spots in Hawaii is right in front of the condo - you can hear the 'yahoo's' when a surfer successfully navigates a big wave. Another of my favorite things to do is find the giant sea turtles in the tidal pools right on the property. I find it very difficult to leave the lanai as the experience there is Hawaii at its best. The unit is comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen. When I stay there I rarely go out to eat because a meal on the Lanai is the best deal around! As an individual with disabilities, I appreciated the elevator, pool and hot tub.
My Hawaii Vacation Rental is at the Kona Bali Kai Condo complex, 2 1/2 miles south of the quaint town of Kailua-Kona which has numerous shops and restaurants that line the beach. This is unit 204, but I also have an identical oceanfront VRBO listing #48663 in the same complex. Check that listing number to see if your dates are available, if this unit is booked.
Within walking distance only 1/4 mile north of the condo is Alii Gardens Outdoor Marketplace where you will find local arts and crafts and local farmers produce. Great place for shaved ice!
Right next door to the condo is a well known Banyans surfing beach where local surf, boogie board, long board surf and even do kayak surfing. From sun up to sun down it is fun to watch the surfers from the condo lanai. Two miles south of the condo is Kahaluu Beach Park which is one of the best snorkeling spots on the Big Island. Fed by a fresh water spring, up to 10 million gallons per day. These shallow waters are almost always calm, with colorful corals, rock formations, and 100+ species of fish. Swim with schools of colorful fish & green sea turtles in protected waters; don't forget your underwater camera.
Things to do on the island: Boogie Boarding, surfing, body surfing, ocean swimming, kayaking or kayak surfing, long board surfing, lava tube exploring, hiking to lava and volcano, helicopter rides over flowing lava, horseback riding, luau with local food and dancers, golfing, sunset sailing or dinner cruises, submarine adventure, deep sea fishing, ocean rafting, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving or snorkeling with manta rays...just to name a few.
|One Time Cleaning Fee||$150|