** Note that this property can be rented in conjunction with VRBO listing 3921935ha (Evolve #264066) for discounted rates. Please inquire for additional info **
Welcome to 'The Boulders!' Situated across from Lake Waramaug on 25 acres of wooded property, this 8-bedroom, 7.5-bath Warren home sleeps 16 and is the ultimate choice for your next peaceful Connecticut getaway. Book this sprawling tranquil property as your choice in sleeping accommodations when attending an event or wedding in the area!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: King Bed | Bedroom 3: King Bed | Bedroom 4: King Bed | Bedroom 5: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 6: 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 7: Queen Bed | Bedroom 8: Queen Bed
Built in 1898 by renowned architect, Ehrick Rossiter, ‘The Boulders’ exudes an elegance and historic charm only found in New England.
This stone and shingle home is situated on an expansive, beautifully landscaped property, which is shared with the ‘Carriage House,’ a smaller vacation rental home. Whether you're looking to escape the hustle and bustle of New York or the crowds in the Hamptons, ‘The Boulders’ offers everything you need for a relaxing getaway!
Inside, you'll find this recently renovated 8-bedroom, 7.5-bathroom residence to be impeccably decorated with tasteful furnishings, gorgeous hardwood floors, and multiple charming fireplaces, making the 13,000-square-foot home feel very warm and inviting.
From wireless internet access and cable TV to in-unit laundry machines and a gas grill, this home-away-from-home comes with all the essential conveniences. You and your companions will find plenty of space to spread out and relax in privacy, as the spacious layout features multiple living spaces, a library, and media room.
After an unforgettable day on the lake, stop by a local market and then refuel with a meal you can prepare in the gourmet country kitchen, fully equipped with marble countertops and stainless steel appliances. Later, sip a nice glass of wine out on the screened porch while you admire the breathtaking fall foliage and lake views.
Perhaps the best feature of this home is its incredible outdoor space! You'll be mere steps from Lake Waramaug, where you can swim, kayak, and fish, or simply relax on 500 feet of stunning waterfront. Plus, you'll have access to a boathouse and 2 docks, providing easy water access.
For moments when you'd prefer land-based activities, enjoy hiking along wooded trails that begin directly behind the home, or bike 7-8 miles around the lake. The kids will certainly love playing on the home's large 2-acre yard.
When you're not relishing in the home's amazing amenities, you won't have to venture far to experience the area's best attractions!
From here, you'll be only 25 minutes from skiing, which is the perfect activity during the winter time!
When summertime rolls around, be sure to bring your golf clubs and drive just 25 minutes to reach a pristine golf course.
If you're in the mood for some retail therapy, browse local antique shops before stopping for lunch at one of the area's quaint restaurants.
Explore the area further by sightseeing in the nearby towns of New Preston, Washington, Washington Depot, Kent, and Litchfield.
In addition, the house is conveniently located within 1 hour of Hartford, 2 hours from New York City, and 2.5 hours from Boston.
Whether you're traveling to Connecticut for a special event or simply on a peaceful lakeside getaway with loved ones, this extraordinary Warren vacation rental home leaves nothing to be desired!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen complete with 2 dishwashers, gas grill, multiple fireplaces, flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, laundry machines, kayaks, canoes, bicycles, on-site parking for 6 vehicles, and much more
- The property will be cleaned before and after your arrival, with a handyman available if the need arises
- Perfect for family groups looking to relax; this home is situated 100 yards from the 'Carriage House' (VRBO/HomeAway listing #3921935), a second vacation rental home. Check its availability for additional sleeping accommodations!
- Enjoy fishing, swimming, and kayaking on Lake Waramaug, steps from thehome!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Bradley International Airport, Schoephoester Rd, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, (~51.2 miles away from the property)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No parties, events, or large gatherings
- No large parties or event tents allowed
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that guests are not permitted to use their own motorized boats on Lake Waramaug
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in