This coastal home on St. John's harbour is the most easterly guest house in North America.
Feb 2016, Conde Nast Traveler called the Outer Battery Village one of "...the Most Beautiful Places in Canada...". They went on to say "...Sunny yellow, cherry red, turquoise blue—St. Johns’ pop-art-colored houses, collectively known as Jellybean Row, look especially awe-inspiring clustered in the cliffs of this atmosphere-drenched coastal neighborhood just outside downtown..."
Hare's Ears Cottage shares the property line with Signal Hill National Park and has door-step access to the Signal Hill hiking and walking trails along with close access to the Grand Concourse urban trail system. Nestled in the cliffs of the popular Outer Battery Village, the house is just 30 feet from the ocean, 5 minutes from downtown by car and 10 minutes by foot. It has a deck with a Weber gas bbq, panoramic views of the harbour & city skyline, and a southern exposure. Bald Eagles nest near the property.
This is the best location in the city.
The 3 bedroom house, convertible to 2 bedroom, has a ground floor studio with separate entrance including bath and kitchen. Great layout for the multi-generational travellers.
- 2 minute walk to Fort Waldegrave Lookout
- 7 minute walk to downtown Sheraton Hotel
- 7 minute walk to Duckworth St. Restaurants
- 10 minute walk to Water St Shopping
- 15 minute walk to Duke of Duckworth Pub
* Cleaning by professional cleaners, not the homeowner. (important for VRBO properties)
* Ultra-comfortable beds, premium pillow top mattress
* 400+ thread-count Egyptian cotton bed linens
* 2 x HDTV, premium cable including HBO, Super Channel movies, sports package
* Sound system with iPod connection
* Hi-speed WIFI
* Premium brand small kitchen appliances
* Fully-equiped laundry
We base our design, configuration and maintenance on a specification seen at our other VRBO properties:
Be sure to order your National Geographic Map of Newfoundland before you go- not available in retail stores. 3 Days in St. John's Map recommended as well. See Maps for the Newfoundland Traveller.
Keywords: Where to stay St. John's, Newfoundland, Signal Hill, vacation, ocean view, coastal home, Newfoundland house rental, Newfoundland Accommodation, vacation home, house for rent, tour home, Newfoundland tour, St. John's house rental, St. John's accommodation, St. John's, CapeRace Cultural Adventures, Gros Morne, tour package
Extended Stay St. John's
Corporate Housing By Owner
Corporate Rentals St. John's Newfoundland
Corporate Housing St. John's Newfoundland