About the property
- House1175 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7
Welcome to the Charming House! Charming older 1950s home with newer amenities, you will definitely feel like you're at home and not in a commercial unit. House is centrally located close to major highways, short drive to Detroit and right next to Royal Oak/Ferndale/Southfield/Berkley/Warren/Birmingham. Organic Vegetable garden in FULL SWING August-October, lots of tomatoes (only heirloom and different varieties)/peppers/zucchini for your picking! [Quick Note: if inquiring for a booking less than 5 nights, please do an inquiry first NOT a request to book, thank you]
Let me give you the run down:
- Second Floor: 2nd floor is HUGE and has a small bathroom with a walk-in shower, big closet, a VERY COMFORTABLE queen sized bed with a 45" LCD TV and a small table that seats 4. (Even though it has central AC, in the summer I add a portable AC if needed since 2nd floors tend to get extra hot).
- First Floor: The 1st floor has 2 bedrooms both with Queen sized beds and a full bath.
- Kitchen/Dining room - The kitchen was remodeled in 2013 with newer appliances, spacious, everything you need to cook dinners. Table seats 6 comfortably and 8 tight. There's a small TV that surprisingly gets used more than any other TV in the house if you like to cook/eat and watch TV.
>> Cable/Internet: HD programming (UVERSE 300 - LOTS of HD channels) and VERY FAST high speed internet (50 mbps)
- Living Room: There's a 60" 4K TV for those tv fanatics, big tv + hd cable = big fun!
- Basement: 1 small semi-finished bedroom with a twin bed (it's one of the 4 bedrooms), this is a very small room FYI, in winter it uses a space heater in the summer it's perfect temperature, so be aware that it's in the basement and it's not as comfortable as the regular rooms, if this is a problem then take this into account before you book or ask me further questions. A Foosball table and the washer and dryer for your use.
- Porch: There's a screened porch in the back of the house, have a table with chairs, great for relaxing in the summer.
- Backyard: Picnic table and chairs for 6 with shade provided + Gas BBQ Grill!
- Garden - I plant veggies in the huge garden in the back in the spring/summer, I share the spoils with friends, neighbors and of course my guests! (when in season we need access when needed to water the vegetable garden)
I have an air mattress and a baby crib if needed.
The neighborhood is safe, quiet, good neighbors. Centrally located to get anywhere. Perfect to jog in the streets. No parking restrictions, can park on the driveway or street.
- Minimum Nights: 5 nights, drops to 4 a month away, drops to 2 a week away (there are exceptions look below)
- If it fills a gap then I will book you in even if it's 2 nights and a few months away, don't be afraid to ask
- Any booking that includes a weekend night (Friday or Saturday) must include both nights in the booking.
- Holidays/Special events don't get a weekly discount, Airbnb is not flexible enough to allow this but be aware that if this happens I have to re-price the booking.
[Please be aware that for 2 night bookings there's an extra fee of $80]
- Check-in time is 5:30 pm, Check-out time is 11:00 am, if possible I work with my guests to make the times flexible if the schedule allows and most times I can but guests should plan for these times.
MID JANUARY - MARCH 2018 - ONLY TAKING LONGER TERM BOOKINGS FOR THIS PERIOD (3+ weeks) - I might consider shorter but some re-pricing might need to be done, please contact me to discuss.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER PROPERTIES IN THE SAME AREA:
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 15, 2018
About Roy Gutierrez
Hi, I'm a software engineer, latino (south america), really easygoing, social, like to spend time with friends, playing sports, dancing latin music, and basically trying anything new. I love the vacation rental business so now I have switched full time, I found that I get more fulfillment getting a great review about how my property helped someone have a great vacation than staring at a computer screen, so here I am :). I have 2 full time vacation rentals and another part time. I'm totally dedicated to providing the absolute best service to my guests! Than you! Roy
Roy Gutierrez purchased this House in 2012
Check-in: 5:30 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Perfect setup and location for our family visit
Roy is such a great communicator and host. He even came by on a snowy holiday evening to shovel snow off the walk!!! The house was super clean and had more than every amenity we needed. Very comfortable bed, great kitchen and lives in just like the photos show. The towels are even nicer than my own!!!! The laundry machines were convenient for our long stay; would have been a hassle at a hotel. We absolutely hope this home is available for future stays while visiting family in Michigan.
Excellent Place to Stay!!!
Came in to town for the Bears/Lions game. The home was located about 20 mins from downtown in a very quiet, very nice nieghborhood. Roy was very friendly and the accommodations were excellent. Home was very clean, updated appliances and cabinets. Beds very comfortable as well. We had a issue with the air mattress and Roy came over with a new one right away. Would definitely recommend this property and owner.
Very nice place to stay
Super cool community and neighbourhood. Everything in the house looks clean and good. Loved to stay here
Wonderful home, great location
We were in MI visiting family and Roy's house was centrally located to all the places we needed to go (it's also only minutes from the Detroit Zoo, which we visited on this trip). The house itself was very clean, the interior was well decorated and Roy was outstanding in his communication with us.
I would definitely recommend this house for anyone travelling to the area and we will look for this place first the next time we need to rent a place to stay in this area!
Thanks again Roy!
Perfect for our stay in the area- Clean, Great use of space - great communication -
Recommended to anyone
Another great experience!
This is our second summer in a row staying at this great house with my family and it now feels like coming home. My kids look forward to it and it's so much less stressful knowing I don't need to do the research to find a great place to stay each year. Perfect location, great area, super comfy beds and Roy makes sure you are well taken care of at every turn. The expansion of the upstairs half bath to a full is wonderful! We will be back.
Additional information about rental rates
2 night stays are allowed but a $40 dollar fee per day is assessed for a total of $80 extra.