About the property
- House2600 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Sunroom, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
This two story, four bedroom, three and a half bath home has been completely renovated. It has its own well, and the water is crystal clear, cleaner than any city water. There are four bedrooms, each having a Beautyrest World Class Queen sized pillowtop mattress.The master suite has a Jacuzzi style tub.
Fully climate controlled with a zoned air-conditioning and heating system, it accommodates different temperature needs in different parts of the house simultaneously. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a nice, open layout. The brick fireplace has a woodstove forced air insert.
There are long range views of the Georgia and North Carolina mountains rising from the lake from every room. Grill out on the deck, on the gas fired grill, or just sit on the balcony on the swinging loveseat. This is the perfect place to relax!
The covered dock will accommodate a 24-foot boat. A swim platform contributes to the versatility of the dock. The dock floats on about 25 feet of clear, deep water and is a great fishing spot!Even in the severe drought of 2007 it floated on fifteen feet of water!
Our red cedar hot tub will seat eight comfortably. It sits on its own level, overlooking the lake. With adjustable jets and a bubbling system, it should help soothe muscles well exercised during the day's activities.
Our full time staff is available to assist.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Once in a life time trip :(((
This home was beautiful but needs to be updated with certain things. First the master bed was so uncomfortable it threw both of our back and necks out .....spent much time with Chiorpractor... which spoiled the whole trip. I believe the beds were Full size not Queen and wish the master bed was a King..... On top of that there isn't a piece of furniture in the place that is comfortable it's very dated. We don't really watch TV on vacation but wile raining outside we turned on the old box TV to only get a snowy picture and no cable. Because its 2013 every rental should be equipped with WiFi ...... Outside the decks paint is chipping badly and needs to be attended too. The hot tub is made of all wood and we didn't go in because it was very slimy...... And the Master Bath Tub ..... The jets don't work. We spent most of time on the dock and in the water that was wonderful. Great location but next year will look for something better. The walks on the road were the best. The porch was Awsome and so was the kitchen. The layout of this place was great giving everyone there own space.
At Chatuge Lakeside Rentals we put our guests' needs first and foremost. We have five fulltime employees available to assist you with your needs. When you arrived, your husband said you felt sick, and we referred you to local healthcare providers .
We are available 24 hours a day to assist you. When you called to tell us you dropped your phone in the lake, we responded immediately to help you arrange for delivery of a replacement. That call was the only communication we had from you , until this review. Any of your concerns could have been addressed. As to your concerns:
1) All four of the beds at Lakeside Chateau are Queen sized. They are Serta Perfect Sleepers, and have less than six months usage.
2) The TV was indeed a box, however it worked well when we checked it. We keep a number of spares,so that if it had failed, we would have replaced it when you called. It turned out that it was a problem with the cable company, and had we been aware, we could have expedited restoration of service.
3) We have high speed fiber optic internet available for a small fee at your request
4) The Master whirlpool tub works nicely. If you had called we could have reset the GFI breaker for you
5) The Red cedar hot tub is an authentic wooden tub , NOT fiberglass or acrylic. It is sanitized after each guest checks out. The wood gives off tannins that make the water a little bubbly. The temperature is adjustable up to 103 degrees and the jets have two speeds. The use of this tub would probably have helped you more than any chiropractor.
6) There is no paint at all on the brand new wrap around deck. The small landing, halfway down to the lake is being stripped, and each time we pressure wash it more of the wood becomes ready for stain. We hope to have it ready to stain within a year.
Had you communicated with us, and relayed any of these issues, we would have been happy to rectify them. We are disappointed that you were not completely satisfied. Here at Chatuge Lakeside Rental we
strive to make your stay the best it can possibly be.
Immaculate and beautiful view
My Husband and 2 boys had a wonderful experience in this gorgeously decorated home. I felt like I was in a 5 start hotel with luxurious beds and linens. The kitchen was fully equipped and we enjoyed many barbecues on the grill. The view was spectacular and there was a lot of outdoor space to enjoy. There is a Marina just minutes away where we rented a boat for fishing and tubing. Having the large dock was nice to sunbath on and gave us a place to dock the boat. This is the cleanest rental I've been in and the rental staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Thanks for sharing your home with us.