About the property
- House1900 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay5 nights
Spacious open-floor plan, two-level house, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6-7)
‘Casa Loro’ is a modern 3 bedroom private home with all new furnishings in a close-in , desirable residential neighborhood of Cozumel - perfect for dive groups and family groups. If you're looking for an alternative to the isolation of resorts, Casa Loro is less expensive, more comfortable and convenient and will leave you with wonderful memories of the friendly Cozumel community.
Completely walled garden with private 'plunge pool' with natural rock cascading water feature (NOT, as many are, a condo with shared facilities).
Secure entry court yard and locked garage area with secure dive equipment rinse and dry area. Unlimited on-street parking.
Air-conditioned with individual controls for each room. Beautiful new furnishings and fully-equipped kitchen. Large attractive tiled bathrooms with sky lights.
Beautiful flowering plants and landscaping. Quiet, safe residential neighborhood.
Five-minute drive to dive , beach & watersport areas
Walk to restaurants, convenience stores, shopping for local crafts, large free public sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!).
BEDROOMS WITH NEW HIGH-QUALITY BEDS
Three bedrooms on second level
- King in master suite
- Queen in second bedroom
- Two singles and fold down futon in third bedroom
Bedroom with two singles includes 'teen entertainment center' sofa (with cup holders and fold down center panel--excellent for gaming). Sofa folds into serviceable futon-style bed.
- American-size beds with high-thread count linens
- Private balcony overlooking garden for master suite
- Large, well-appointed built-in closet and dresser unit in each bedroom
- Ceiling fans and new air conditioning systems, with individual temperature control for each room
- Security safe for valuables in master bedroom closet
BATHROOMS WITH AMPLE HOT WATER
- 2.5 baths with one private bath off of master suite, a second large bathroom on the second floor shared by two bedrooms and a 'powder room' on the first floor
- Lots of large, fluffy towels
- New 'endless' hot water system provides long, hot showers for everybody
- Beautifully tiled large showers & up-to-date fixtures
CONVENIENCE AND COST-SAVINGS OF EATING IN
- American-style kitchen organized by enthusiastic cook, stocked with basics
- Six burner gas stove/oven, double door refrigerator/freezer, microwave, blender, coffee pot, bottled water dispenser, rice/vegetable steamer, juicer
- Full compliment of pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware, wine and margarita glasses -enough to serve an elegant diner
- Dining table seats six, plus breakfast bar seating with three stools
- Morning coffee in the garden and evening margaritas in the pool
WIDE VARIETY OF CHOICES TO EAT OUT
- Dozens of walkable neighborhood spots for grilled chicken and seafood or local cuisine and a beer
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from a large selection of fine dining choices
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from half a dozen beach-front beach clubs where you can view the sunset from a hammock holding the tall frosty beverage of your choice
INTERNET/WIFI AND CABLE TV
- Cable TV including ESPN and mix of Spanish/ English programming, movies, etc.
- Cordless phone for local phone calls
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- Gated front courtyard and 10' walled back garden
- Cozumel is a very friendly, safe city where you can walk the neighborhood streets even late at night without concern
- Beautiful flowering plants in front court yard and back garden. Wake to the lovely sound of the bells from a nearby church and tropical birds.
- Unlimited bottled water
- Surge-protection on some wall outlets
- Quiet residential neighborhood with elementary school across the street. Mix of vacation homes and permanent residents.
- Taxi contacts provided on call or hail on-street two blocks away
- easy on-street parking
AMENITIES WITHIN FOUR BLOCKS
- Avenue 30 (two blocks away) is a major shopping street with restaurants, locally-made ice cream, take-out roast chicken, general shopping, grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Three blocks to the left is a public recreation center (no entry fee) sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, weight lifting, and more. Open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games two nights a week!)
- One block, family-owned corner store -literally a taste of real Mexico
- Every evening, door-to-door pastry bike vendor -a treat for tomorrow's breakfast
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
- Local property manager with 20+ years in Cozumel will meet you at the house, get you checked in and provide advice/assistance on local activities, reservations, etc.
- Connections with local dive & tour companies.
- On-call maintenance service
- Assistance/advice on car rental, local sites and attractions, restaurants, tours, etc
- No pets allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters : All guests under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Smoking not allowed
Keywords: house, home, villa, pool, Internet, new, luxury, comfortable, safe, convenient, air conditioning, garden, flowers, neighborhood, divers, diving, scuba, group, family, sports, private, cable
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- english, Functional spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 09, 2018
About Keith Cox
The picture is of me and my daughter after her successful certification dive in Cozumel last year. Our family lives in Philadelphia. We've traveled the world and find the culture and people of Cozumel to be so friendly and interesting that my wife and I were inspired to purchase this house as our eventual retirement residence. In the meantime, you can share our good fortune!
Keith Cox purchased this House in 2011
Why Keith Cox chose Colonia Independencia
Cozumel has world-class diving combined with really interesting culture (think Mayan, not northern Mexico) and a very cosmopolitan, international community. Good food, good times, good people.
What makes this House unique
We picked our house because its IN Mexico, not some isolated compound that tries to keep the local culture at bay. Additionally, the location is convenient to everything you need on a daily basis.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Best rental ever
This is an amazing property. It has three bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a fully functional and very well equipped kitchen, the patio by the pool is perfect, the yard is beautiful. There is a locker with a cooler for road trips, I left a parasol and folding chair for the next renters. Everything is in the details, fully filled freezer with ice beyond belief, drinking water everywhere, bathrooms, kitchen ,fridge and plenty of 5 gallons canisters to replenish. An abundance of towels, both for beach and after shower. Their is everything you need to get started even if you arrive very late like us, such as coffee, coffeemate, cold drinking water, spices, oil, ziplocks and on and on. Never rented something this well equipped. Wi-fi works perfectly. Nearby are restaurants, small stores and café's. Deymi and Manuel are friendly people who just want your stay to be great. they kept in touch with us to make sure we did not need anything. Thank You very much.
My wife and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Casa Loro. We try to please and I'm glad that we hit the mark for you and your group. Come again soon!
Keith Cox, Owner
Love this place
This is our 3rd time renting house , love it . The care takers Manuel & Deymi are amazing , they where very helpful from day one . If your your looking for a great place to stay and great hospitality this is the house for you .
Perfect Home Away From Home
We just returned from a two week stay at Casa Loro. What a perfect home this was for us - two couples wanting to spend more time in the heart of San Miguel and away from the tourist areas.
Deymi and Manuel were very helpful - even driving us from and back to the airport. The only time we had to contact Deymi was when the safe stopped working. She responded immediately and was there in less than an hour and the problem was fixed.
We enjoyed sitting on the edge of the pool with our feet in it after our long walks around town. We only got into the pool a few times as it was rather cold but we certainly enjoyed having it.
Each morning we would sit at the table in the converted garage having our coffee and watching the neighbourhood wake up. The neighbourhood is very quiet - with the exception of drop off and pick up times for the school children - this was quite a surprise Monday morning after our quiet Sunday and we found it very entertaining to watch.
Javier the churro man came every morning and was very gracious even on the days we chose not to purchase any. He specifically returned on our departure day to wish us well and say goodbye.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable, the towels thick and plentiful and the bedrooms and washrooms exceptional. We loved the skylights in the bathrooms and the stairwell and found ourselves going to turn the lights out as it was so bright. The mini-split air conditioning units in the bedrooms kept our sleeping areas nice and cool.
As mentioned by others, the house is very well equipped. There are multiple large bottles of water with smaller water jugs in each of the upstairs bathrooms for brushing your teeth. The knives were sharp, there were lots of filled ice cube trays, a few welcome snacks and drinks as well as coffee to start us off. There were plenty of drink glasses and wine glasses, dishes and storage containers.
The grocery store, Bodega, is a 20 minute walk and there is a fruteria right around the corner on Calle 17. The fresh mangos were amazing!
If asked for suggestions, the only things we'd mention would be a dresser in the Queen bedroom, a full length mirror somewhere in the house and brighter lighting in the dining room area.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Casa Loro and our husbands were even able to keep themselves busy with a bit of gardening and other small chores around the house. Which kept us all happy!
We will definitely return to Casa Loro in the future.
Lisa, I am so happy that you and your group enjoyed your stay in Casa Loro! I smiled when you said that your husbands did gardening and house chores . . .purely by choice, right?
I appreciate the suggestions. My wife and I disagree about lighting in the dining area -her position being to retain the "romantic" lighting (dim to me). I'll add a full-length mirror, but only in a place where I don't have to see it. ;-)
Please come again next year!
We have just have a wonderful few days at Casa Loro. The property is very well equipped and stocked with all the basics you could want and a few more. Many thanks to Joni for her excellent introduction to the property and recommendations; Taz the taxi driver provided a very reliable service. Three of our family group did their open water diving certificate at Babieca dive centre situated at the Le Cid hotel and received excellent tuition.
So glad your family is getting into diving. Cozumel is such a fantastic place to dive. I've dived over fifty times in Cozumel and never seen the same thing twice. Glad your stay was enjoyable and hope you'll come back for more!
Keith & Jena
Our stay at Casa Loro was wonderful. The area was very central and the accommodations were great. Joni was wonderful and available for anything we needed. Great place to stay!
Glad you enjoyed your stay Sheena! Cozumel is a great place for a real get away vacation . . .
Very Nice House
Stayed here with my wife and daughter for two weeks. Wonderful house with all the amenities that you could need. Joni was very nice and helpful.
The little plunge pool in the backyard was nice to cool off in and just relax around.
Location is a bit off the beaten path which is nice too. There is a little corner store right around the corner. Did a lot of walking which I had no problem with. Just a side note - there is an awesome Italian restaurant not too far - Benito's.
I would not hesitate to stay here again!
Thanks Joni :)
Nigel, we enjoyed having you stay at Casa Loro and look forward to a return visit some day! Benito's is new and I've been meaning to try it out. Good to know that you recommend it.
Cheers, Keith Cox
Five-minute drive to world-class dive areas. Our property manager is a 20-year master dive instructor with connections to local dive companies, 3-minute walk to major free public sports facility with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!), Mayan ruins, secluded beaches, ecological parks, helicopter tours, Xcaret & Chankanaub Parks