|Space||1,900 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
‘Casa Loro’ is a modern 3 bedroom private home with all new furnishings in the Independencia neighborhood of Cozumel - perfect for dive groups and family groups. If you're looking for an alternative to the isolation of resorts, Casa Loro is less expensive, more comfortable and convenient and will leave you with wonderful memories of the friendly Cozumel community.
Completely walled garden with 'plunge pool' with natural rock cascading water feature (NOT, as many are, a condo with shared facilities).
Secure entry court yard and locked garage area with secure dive equipment rinse and dry area. Unlimited on-street parking.
Air-conditioned with individual controls for each room. Beautiful new furnishings and fully-equipped kitchen. Large attractive tiled bathrooms with sky lights.
Beautiful flowering plants and landscaping. Quiet, safe residential neighborhood.
Five-minute drive to dive , beach & watersport areas
Walk to restaurants, convenience stores, shopping for local crafts, large free public sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!).
BEDROOMS WITH NEW HIGH-QUALITY BEDS
Three bedrooms on second level
- King in master suite
- Queen in second bedroom
- Two singles and fold down sofa in third bedroom
Bedroom with two singles includes 'teen entertainment center' sofa (with cup holders and fold down center panel--excellent for gaming). Sofa folds into serviceable futon-style bed.
- American-size beds with high-thread count linens
- Private balcony overlooking garden for master suite
- Large, well-appointed built-in closet and dresser unit in each bedroom
- Ceiling fans and new air conditioning systems, with individual temperature control for each room
BATHROOMS WITH LOTS OF HOT WATER
- 2.5 baths with one private bath off of master suite, a second large bathroom on the second floor shared by two bedrooms and a 'powder room' on the first floor
- Lots of large, fluffy towels
- New 'endless' hot water system provides long, hot showers for everybody
- Beautifully tiled large showers & up-to-date fixtures
- New, high capacity washer/dryer
CONVENIENCE AND COST-SAVINGS OF EATING IN
- American-style kitchen organized by enthusiastic cook, stocked with basics
- Six burner gas stove/oven, double door refrigerator/freezer, microwave, blender, coffee pot, bottled water dispenser, rice/vegetable steamer
- Full compliment of pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware, wine and margarita glasses -enough to serve an elegant diner for 8-10
- Dining table seats six, plus breakfast bar seating with three stools
- Morning coffee in the garden and evening margaritas in the pool
WIDE VARIETY OF CHOICES TO EAT OUT
- Dozens of walkable neighborhood spots for grilled chicken and seafood or local cuisine and a beer
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from a large selection of fine dining choices
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from half a dozen beach-front beach clubs where you can view the sunset from a hammock holding the tall frosty beverage of your choice
BROADBAND INTERNET AND CABLE TV
- DSL broad-band Internet connection
- Secure high-speed WiFi network within house and garden
- Cable TV including ESPN and English programming, movies, etc.
- Cordless phone for local phone calls
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- Gated front courtyard and 10' walled back garden
- Cozumel is a very friendly, safe city where you can walk the neighborhood streets even late at night without concern
- Beautiful flowering plants in front court yard and back garden. Wake to the lovely sound of the bells of Corpus Christi Church and topical birds.
- Unlimited bottled water
- Surge-protection on most wall outlets
- Quiet residential neighborhood with elementary school across the street. Mix of vacation homes and permanent residents.
- Cabs on call or hail on-street two blocks away
- Locked garage area and easy on-street parking
AMENITIES WITHIN FOUR BLOCKS
- Avenue 30 (two blocks away) is a major shopping street with restaurants, locally-made ice cream, take-out roast chicken, general shopping, grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Three blocks, Unidad Deportiva public recreation center (no entry fee) sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, weight lifting, and more. Open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games two nights a week!)
- One block, family-owned corner store -literally a taste of real Mexico
- Every evening, door-to-door pastry bike vendor -a treat for tomorrow's breakfast
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
- Local property manager with 20-years in Cozumel will meet you at the house, get you checked in and provide advice/assistance on local activities, reservations, etc.
- Connections with all local dive companies, including those not ordinarily open to resort visitors. Advice from highly experienced dive instructor/master with extensive knowledge of Cozumel dive sites.
- Once-a-week maid service included in base price. Additional maid/shopping/cooking services, etc. available on request
- On-call maintenance service
- Assistance/advice on car rental, local sites and attractions, restaurants, tours, etc
- No pets allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters : All guests under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Smoking not allowed
Keywords: house, home, villa, pool, Internet, new, luxury, comfortable, safe, convenient, air conditioning, garden, flowers, neighborhood, divers, diving, scuba, group, family, sports, private, cable
The picture is of me and my daughter after her successful certification dive in Cozumel last year. Our family lives in Philadelphia. We've traveled the world and find the culture and people of Cozumel to be so friendly and interesting that my wife and I were inspired to purchase this house as our eventual retirement residence. In the meantime, you can share our good fortune!
Joni Mitchell purchased this house in 2011
Cozumel has world-class diving combined with really interesting culture (think Mayan, not northern Mexico) and a very cosmopolitan, international community. Good food, good times, good people.
We picked our house because its IN Mexico, not some isolated compound that tries to keep the local culture at bay. Additionally, the location is convenient to everything you need on a daily basis.
Just wanted to drop you a line to extend our families thanks to you and the property owners for the wonderful stay at Casa Loro.
We loved the property and the neighborhood and Casa Loro has everything we needed. If we come back we'd happily stay there again.
All the best in 2014.
(posted from Guest email comments)
Our stay at Casa Loro was wonderful. The area was very central and the accommodations were great. Joni was wonderful and available for anything we needed. Great place to stay!
Stayed here with my wife and daughter for two weeks. Wonderful house with all the amenities that you could need. Joni was very nice and helpful.
The little plunge pool in the backyard was nice to cool off in and just relax around.
Location is a bit off the beaten path which is nice too. There is a little corner store right around the corner. Did a lot of walking which I had no problem with. Just a side note - there is an awesome Italian restaurant not too far - Benito's.
I would not hesitate to stay here again!
Thanks Joni :)
Cant say enough nice things about Casa Loro and its location. Just spent two weeks there and have no reservations about recommending it to others. Photos provided are exactly as you will find the residence. Joni was super informative/helpful and the only minor issue we experienced during our stay was dealt with immediately. The neighborhood is safe and everything we needed was within walking distance or a short cab ride. Nearby grocery stores had almost everything we went looking for. Guidos was our favorite restaurant and had excellent italian food. Definitely make this a stop - you wont be disappointed. Other noteworthy items include Rene from Chili Charters who was great as was Carlos from Dive Paradise. Two final people worth mentioning are Omar who was our island chauffeur and Javier who is the morning Churro guy. Omar took most of our party on a tour of sites on east side of the island. Price was very reasonable and his english is excellent. Javier delivers Churros to the door every morning and they are very tasty. Be careful though, he likes to show up fairly early. Thats about it other than to say we'll definitely make Casa Loro our first choice on any subsequent visit to Cozumel.
A group of friends and I stayed at Casa Loro for 10 days and this house was exactly what we were looking for! The house is very nice, very comfortable and looks even better than in the pictures. Everything we needed was there, from beach towels, kitchen equipment, washing/drying machine, air conditioning and pool. The front courtyard area was perfect for our diving equipment. We loved that the house was located in a residential area away from the touristic zone but at the same time only a few minutes away from downtown and the sea. We enjoyed a lot of the good restaurants that were close-by (Ceviche and margaritas at Las Tortugas!). We rented a car for the duration of our stay, but I don’t think it’s really necessary as there are plenty of taxis everywhere and they are really cheap. Joni was really friendly and helpful and was always very quick to reply to our questions and requests. She really wanted us to enjoy our stay! We had a great time at this house and in Cozumel and we highly recommend it. I hope we will be back!
Husband and I have booked vacation homes and flats in many cities and countries. None were as perfect as Casa Loro, where we stayed recently with our teen grandchild. We loved everything about the place -- the decor, furnishings, comfortable beds, ample towels and bed linens, well-stocked kitchen (where we enjoyed healthy home-made breakfasts as well as a couple of dinners), great yard, showers, air-conditioning & ceiling fans; in short, everything about our temporary housing was special. And the location made it easy for us to get anywhere and do anything. Joni, the manager,could not have been more friendly and helpful, from the beginning, many months earlier, to the end. Only wish we could have stayed longer at Casa Loro!
We had a wonderful time at Casa Loro in early January 2016. Arrived to meet the rock star Joni Mitchell (I"m not kidding--that is the realtor's name), who has already received many accolades. Can just testify that she was as charming, efficient, and welcoming to us as reported. The house is very comfortable, well stocked with everything you could possibly need, and in fantastic condition. Loved watching the hummingbirds in the back yard. The neighborhood is very safe, and we did walk the track at the exercise facility at the end of the street a few times. Fantastic empanadas around the corner! Everything is very convenient, couldn't have a better location. Would highly recommend Casa Loro to others looking for a great place in Cozumel.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jan 6 2017 - Apr 23 2017
5 night minimum stay
Apr 24 2017 - Nov 14 2017
4 night minimum stay
Nov 15 2017 - Dec 13 2017
5 night minimum stay
Holiday 2017 - 2018
Dec 14 2017 - Jan 5 2018
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$150|
Five-minute drive to world-class dive areas. Our property manager is a 20-year master dive instructor with connections to local dive companies, 3-minute walk to major free public sports facility with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!), Mayan ruins, secluded beaches, ecological parks, helicopter tours, Xcaret & Chankanaub Parks