|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
This rental is located in the heart of wine country in beautiful Sonoma County. Napa County is 20 minutes away and it is the hub of wine country with Healdsburg, Windsor, the coast, Petaluma, and the city of Sonoma, plus easy acess to an Francisco, just minutes away. It is 3 minutes to Hwy 101, yet feels far away from the maddening crowd. The unit is newly remodeled with hardwood floors, and a huge brick patio. It is surrounded with oak trees and is located on a hillside with lovely views. There are two bedrooms: the master has a king size bed and the smaller bedroom has a queen. It is wheelchair accessible. The rooms are filled with local art for great color and life. I live in the upstairs portion of the home and rent the downstairs It is completely separate with separate entrances/exits. I am also an Uber Partner so taxi service is right at your fingertips.
I am an artist and entrepreneur who loves to interact with people. My paintngs are mostly plein air (down at the site) and I paint frequently. I have won many awards and have sold many pieces nationally. I love renovating homes and really enjoy turning a tired place into a show place. I'm very quiet in my home and live alone in the upstairs. The rental is downstairs.
Char Wood purchased this apartment in 2004
I bought this property because it needed to be improved and I loved the location, plus the extra unit downstairs. In the 11 years I have been here I have had long term tenants. I have decided to share this property with others who want a great place to get away and allow them to enjoy it as much as I do. I also became an Uber Partner to add to the convenience of my guests.
Close to everything, but feels like a million miles away from the crowds and traffic. Private and very quiet.
Neighbors nearby, but not close enough to see you.
Very safe neighborhood.
Uber service on premises.
Everything was perfect
My wife, son and I spent 3 days touring wineries in Sonoma and Napa...We chose Char's apartment for our stay and couldn't have been happier....She met us the night we arrived and showed us around...She was very gracious and helpful....The apartment had all that we needed.....The living room area was perfect for relaxing after hitting the vineyards and the beds were comfortable, a real bonus....The kitchen was nice, it had all we needed to cook breakfast and dinner with...The best part is the view from the patio, that morning cup of coffee goes great listening to the wildlife in the forest that surrounds you, just a very peaceful experience... The is a great place to stay for a small group...We will definitely stay there again....
Perfect for our needs, a retired couple. Great deck for visiting with our Santa Rosa son, fully-stocked kitchen. Only ate in for breakfast, but that was due to the many restaurants in the area. A nearby grocery store met all our short-term needs. Perfect location for us, out of the bustling city but easily accessible to it. Very close to Safari West, if you're thinking of going there. Char's beautiful artwork is throughout, an aesthetic bonus. No AC was not a problem, with temps in the upper 70s. We'd gladly return for another visit !
The nice points of the property:
1. King size bed was VERY comfortable
2. Linens and towels were clean
3. Apt. was clean - very clean
4. Area was very quiet and private. Easily accessible to Route 101, main N-S route from San Francisco up through the wine country and beyond.
1. There was a terribly musty odor upon arrival that we kind of brushed off. Went to the supermarket and bought 4 air fresheners to eliminate the odor. They did their job - took about 2 days. We shouldn't have had to do that. The odor was very obvious.
2. This was a basement apartment that has been adapted for guests/renters. Very cheap workmanship and materials - bathroom and kitchen cabinets that really belong in a garage. The refrigerator makes an enormous amount of noise when running. Pots and pans for cooking in the kitchen were on the light side, to say the least. The water closet was designed for a child, I think. Most adults would not fit on this comfortably.
3. Big Problem: There were two very light weight med size bath towels per person when we arrived. My wife and I take frequent showers. 3 days in ( we were in for the week), we asked for some additional bath towels and got two ( with a bit of an attitude). 5 days in, needed a few more. This time got two more with a big attitude (rude really) and after this point the owner ( with whom we had a good relationship to that point) refused to answer our tel calls. We know she was home ( she lives up stairs). The windows were open, car in the garage and the TV on. On the last day, I tried again to reach her....no luck...to just nail down the departure details ( where to leave the key, etc). We just left and left the key on the table.
We would not recommend this place; nor would we return.
I stayed here while completing the Ironman Vineman triathlon, and found it to be close to everything. Char was a very welcoming host, and the place was roomie and had everything I needed. Thanks for the hospitality!
We had rented this unit to stay for our son's wedding. The one thing that was nice is it was in the mountains so the scenery was nice. The issues we had with the rental property were, it smelled musty and moldy all the time, we were instructed to leave the windows open because that is the air conditioning, but it was unseasonably hot so that didn't work. The rental itself is right under the owners home so we heard her a lot. There were two bedrooms, one with a king and one with a queen bed. Our brother and his son stayed in the queen bed one night, we got prior permission from owner, and she charged us more money for that one night after we had paid for the whole rental. Nothing felt clean, nothing was ever cleaned during our stay. The beds didn't smell fresh. We were never offered fresh towels or wash rags we had to ask for them. The rental is very old, it doesn't come with a dishwasher and it has a very old microwave that makes sounds when you used it. There are extension cords and multi tap adapter due to lack of outlets. There isn't close access to any stores. You do hear a lot of traffic because it is a busy road especially with the windows open. When it was all said and done we spent more staying there than staying in a hotel. Very disappointing.
Our area is a never ending tourist paradise. The Napa Valley is a 20 minute drive for more wineries, shopping, art shows, galleries, restaurants, and everything else that you can imagine.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 2 2016 - Apr 1 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$89|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.