Our ground floor condo is just steps away from the ocean, pool and jacuzzi in quiet Maalaea Bay. Enjoy the ocean breezes and the sound of the sea at our little piece of paradise. A short walk down our quiet street and you'll find yourself on on Sugar Beach, a beautiful seven-mile long white sand beach perfect for enjoying the sunset or a romantic stroll under the moonlight. Our one bedroom condo with sofa bed accommodates 4 guests comfortably. Just steps from our patio door you will find the pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ area.
There is a queen size bed in the master bedroom and another queen size sofa bed in the living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, washer and dryer and everything needed to enjoy your holiday whether dining in or out.
Our best amenity… location, location, location!
One thing that makes our condo at Maalaea Banyans so special is our breathtaking view. Whether watching a glorious sunset into the ocean or simply listening to the surf while reading a book; there simply is no better spot to unwind.
Because the waters and reefs of Maalaea are important to many marine species, Maalaea Bay is part of the National Humpback Whale Marine Sanctuary - a favorite mating and birthing grounds for the endangered Humpbacks. Green Sea Turtles browse reefs that border the harbor entrance. In season, whales can be viewed from the condo grounds just outside our patio door.
Another great plus is that there are plenty of things to keep you busy in Maalaea all within a short walk from the condo. You can begin with a morning snorkeling or whale-watching cruise followed by an afternoon visit to the Maui Ocean Center. You can end the day with an evening sunset walk on Maalaea Beach and then dinner at one of the harbor area's excellent restaurants.
Maalaea Bay is also centrally located to so many of Maui’s fabulous attractions via car. The Maalaea District of Maui is located in Central Maui about six miles south of Wailuku, where the Honoapi'ilani Highway (Hwy 30) reaches the south coast.
Things to do within walking distance; (.3 mi/7 min walk)
• Maalaea Beach is approximately three miles in length and stretches from Maalaea Harbor on the west to Sugar Beach on the east.
• Sugar Beach is a beautiful seven-mile long beach running all the way to Kihea from Maalaea.
• Formerly a commercial port Maalaea Harbor now hosts a marina where many cruise and pleasure boats dock. Among the boats that dock here are whale watching cruise boats as well as those that offer snorkeling trips to Molokini Atol.
• Families fish off the harbor wall or spear fish on nearby reefs.
• When a robust south swell hits Maui, surfers from far and near head for Maalaea to have a chance to experience the tubular perfection of one of the world's fastest rideable waves - the legendary Maalaea Pipeline wave.
• Beginners can learn to surf at Maalaea's Buzz's Wharf surf break. Outrigger canoe clubs take shelter and rest on the Harbor's small beach.
• The area is home to eight restaurants beginning with the highly acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant located in the Milowai Condominium. It has received a 5-star rating from Honolulu Magazine, placed first in the Maui News' annual survey for 'best service' and 'best seafood.'
• Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is a local landmark at the harbor's edge featuring excellent and moderately food.
• Other options include The Blue Marlin, Bamboo Bistro, Capiche, Maalaea Grill and the Maalaea Seascape Restaurant.
Maalaea Harbor Shops:
• The Maalaea Harbor Shops have now attracted several excellent retailers and restaurants.
• You can now find Maui Dive Shop, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream, and Moonbow Tropics along with the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Discovery Store and the Ocean Science Discovery Center where you'll find a self-guided exhibit area with hands-on activities for adults and children; informational displays, marine artifacts and free educational literature about the ocean.
Kealia National Wildlife Refuge:
• This refuge provides 700 acres of some of the last remaining natural wetland habitat in Hawaii.
• Kealia Pond is nearly 250 acres when full. The refuge is home to endangered native water birds, and hosts migratory ducks and shorebirds in fall, winter, and spring.
• The refuge is adjacent to Kealia Beach, which is a nesting ground for the endangered hawksbill turtle. An interpretive kiosk and boardwalk viewing area found along the beach and refuge mudflats.
Maui Ocean Center:
• The Maui Ocean Center rivals the National Aquarium in Baltimore as one of the finest we have seen. Your visit to the Center begins with The Living Reef where you walk through the various regions of a reef and learn about the many and varied creatures that make the reef their home. Don't miss those moray eels.
• The final exhibit takes you past the largest tank in the aquarium and then through a clear acrylic tunnel where the creatures of the ocean swim on all sides of you.
Distances from Maalaea to…
Kahului Airport 8.8 miles
Kihea 7 miles
Wailea/Makena 14 miles
Lahaina 15 miles
Kaanapali 19.5 miles
Kapalua 25 miles
Haliimaile General Store 31 miles
Haleakala National Park
Visitor Center 44 miles
Hana 70 miles
Keywords: Renovated ground floor condo with beautiful views just steps away from the ocean, walking distance to Sugar Beach a 7 mile long sandy beach, retail shops and restaurants within easy 7 minute walk, harbor with snorkeling and fishing just a few blocks away, enjoy the pool, jacuzzi and BBQ just off your lanai, ocean breezes, whale watching, quiet street, the sound of waves splashing on the sea wall... heaven on Maui!
We needed a couple nights stay on Maui and I was looking for a place that was fully furnished, direct access to beach, and mid island. The condo at Maalaea Banyans served our needs well. We landed at 10pm and it was nice to be in our condo prior to 11pm. Just a short drive from the airport and we found parking just steps from the front door. Directions were complete and accurate. The condo was as described. Not over the top fancy, but fully functional. The bed was very comfortable. Our daughter used the sofa sleeper and found it adequate. I enjoyed being ground level and just steps from the pool. the beach and the bar b q area. Beach towels and sand toys were added benefits.The first morning I did my morning run on the highway, in the direction of Lahaina. This route I found very busy with traffic and not overally appealing. The next morning I ran south down the beach in the direction of Kihei and loved it. Easy access to miles of beach and a nature reserve, which allowed for easier runs with less traffic and I could run on the beach as far as I desired. The morning sun was the best feature of this location. Other parts of the island you have to wait for the sun to hit your location. Here, as the sun peaks over the volcano, you get the first rays. I love that and for me, Maalaea Bay is a spot that will continue to be my first choice for accommodations. Overall a very comfortable place to stay, prompt service by the owner and very good value. Recommended.
Excellent lovely condo/ ocean view hear the ocean! Nice updated unit and parking is very close! Kim the owner is the Best!!
First off, the owner was terrific to work with. Communication was quick, easy and detailed. Now - to the fun part - the property is a perfect home away from home. Everything we needed was right there and our week in Maui was made even better by having this clean, quiet getaway to return to at the end of great days exploring the island. Morning coffee was perfect while watching the sun-rise through the palms over the water. Evenings were beautiful feeling the breeze of the water and looking out past the pool. In a word - we just felt comfortable. We were able to focus on having a great time without a bit of stress.
We would highly recommend this property to anyone looking to experience the entire island. It is centrally located and provides easy access to any activity you may want to experience on Maui. During this week we saw the sunset on Haleakala, drove the road to Hana, had some great shopping and dining in Lahaina and Kihei and experienced many great beaches. We never felt like anything was out of the way.
We didn't do any cooking at the property except for light breakfast, but the kitchen had everything we needed. The appliances we used most were the washer and dryer - - sure is nice to be able to pack light and not worry about carrying too many suitcases.
THANK YOU for an amazing time!
This property is a great value and location on the island. Being in a central location was perfect for me since every day I would go to a different part of the island. And going downtown to the gym and stores was very convenient. The unit had everything I needed and the views can't be beat whether looking out the unit, sitting at the small beach by the property or walking 5 minutes to Sugar Beach.
This place has everything to make your vacation perfect and it is very well equipped ( all you need to cook, beach chairs, cooler, boogie board , beach towels etc.) The location is great to visit the island wherever you want to go: Haleakala ( 1h30 drive from the condo . We did twice since we missed the sunset because of the rain first time) Hana road, beaches, Lahaina and Paia (really nice town ) and unfortunately at one point the airport. Maalaea is very small and there is very little to do. If you rent a car it is not a big issue . The view on Haleakala and the ocean is awesome! . I saw big turtles swimming in the ocean just in front. Kimberly , the owner is very helpful and she answered all questions very quickly.
Within walking distance to the Harbor and Maui Ocean Center home of the Maui Aquarium
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.