Our ground floor condo is just steps away from the ocean, pool and jacuzzi in quiet Maalaea Bay. Enjoy the ocean breezes and the sound of the sea at our little piece of paradise. A short walk down our quiet street and you'll find yourself on on Sugar Beach, a beautiful seven-mile long white sand beach perfect for enjoying the sunset or a romantic stroll under the moonlight. Our one bedroom condo with sofa bed accommodates 4 guests comfortably. Just steps from our patio door you will find the pool, Jacuzzi and BBQ area.
There is a queen size bed in the master bedroom and another queen size sofa bed in the living room. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, washer and dryer and everything needed to enjoy your holiday whether dining in or out.
Our best amenity… location, location, location!
One thing that makes our condo at Maalaea Banyans so special is our breathtaking view. Whether watching a glorious sunset into the ocean or simply listening to the surf while reading a book; there simply is no better spot to unwind.
Because the waters and reefs of Maalaea are important to many marine species, Maalaea Bay is part of the National Humpback Whale Marine Sanctuary - a favorite mating and birthing grounds for the endangered Humpbacks. Green Sea Turtles browse reefs that border the harbor entrance. In season, whales can be viewed from the condo grounds just outside our patio door.
Another great plus is that there are plenty of things to keep you busy in Maalaea all within a short walk from the condo. You can begin with a morning snorkeling or whale-watching cruise followed by an afternoon visit to the Maui Ocean Center. You can end the day with an evening sunset walk on Maalaea Beach and then dinner at one of the harbor area's excellent restaurants.
Maalaea Bay is also centrally located to so many of Maui’s fabulous attractions via car. The Maalaea District of Maui is located in Central Maui about six miles south of Wailuku, where the Honoapi'ilani Highway (Hwy 30) reaches the south coast.
Things to do within walking distance; (.3 mi/7 min walk)
• Maalaea Beach is approximately three miles in length and stretches from Maalaea Harbor on the west to Sugar Beach on the east.
• Sugar Beach is a beautiful seven-mile long beach running all the way to Kihea from Maalaea.
• Formerly a commercial port Maalaea Harbor now hosts a marina where many cruise and pleasure boats dock. Among the boats that dock here are whale watching cruise boats as well as those that offer snorkeling trips to Molokini Atol.
• Families fish off the harbor wall or spear fish on nearby reefs.
• When a robust south swell hits Maui, surfers from far and near head for Maalaea to have a chance to experience the tubular perfection of one of the world's fastest rideable waves - the legendary Maalaea Pipeline wave.
• Beginners can learn to surf at Maalaea's Buzz's Wharf surf break. Outrigger canoe clubs take shelter and rest on the Harbor's small beach.
• The area is home to eight restaurants beginning with the highly acclaimed Waterfront Restaurant located in the Milowai Condominium. It has received a 5-star rating from Honolulu Magazine, placed first in the Maui News' annual survey for 'best service' and 'best seafood.'
• Buzz's Wharf Restaurant is a local landmark at the harbor's edge featuring excellent and moderately food.
• Other options include The Blue Marlin, Bamboo Bistro, Capiche, Maalaea Grill and the Maalaea Seascape Restaurant.
Maalaea Harbor Shops:
• The Maalaea Harbor Shops have now attracted several excellent retailers and restaurants.
• You can now find Maui Dive Shop, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream, and Moonbow Tropics along with the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Discovery Store and the Ocean Science Discovery Center where you'll find a self-guided exhibit area with hands-on activities for adults and children; informational displays, marine artifacts and free educational literature about the ocean.
Kealia National Wildlife Refuge:
• This refuge provides 700 acres of some of the last remaining natural wetland habitat in Hawaii.
• Kealia Pond is nearly 250 acres when full. The refuge is home to endangered native water birds, and hosts migratory ducks and shorebirds in fall, winter, and spring.
• The refuge is adjacent to Kealia Beach, which is a nesting ground for the endangered hawksbill turtle. An interpretive kiosk and boardwalk viewing area found along the beach and refuge mudflats.
Maui Ocean Center:
• The Maui Ocean Center rivals the National Aquarium in Baltimore as one of the finest we have seen. Your visit to the Center begins with The Living Reef where you walk through the various regions of a reef and learn about the many and varied creatures that make the reef their home. Don't miss those moray eels.
• The final exhibit takes you past the largest tank in the aquarium and then through a clear acrylic tunnel where the creatures of the ocean swim on all sides of you.
Distances from Maalaea to…
Kahului Airport 8.8 miles
Kihea 7 miles
Wailea/Makena 14 miles
Lahaina 15 miles
Kaanapali 19.5 miles
Kapalua 25 miles
Haliimaile General Store 31 miles
Haleakala National Park
Visitor Center 44 miles
Hana 70 miles
Keywords: Renovated ground floor condo with beautiful views just steps away from the ocean, walking distance to Sugar Beach a 7 mile long sandy beach, retail shops and restaurants within easy 7 minute walk, harbor with snorkeling and fishing just a few blocks away, enjoy the pool, jacuzzi and BBQ just off your lanai, ocean breezes, whale watching, quiet street, the sound of waves splashing on the sea wall... heaven on Maui!
First off, the owner was terrific to work with. Communication was quick, easy and detailed. Now - to the fun part - the property is a perfect home away from home. Everything we needed was right there and our week in Maui was made even better by having this clean, quiet getaway to return to at the end of great days exploring the island. Morning coffee was perfect while watching the sun-rise through the palms over the water. Evenings were beautiful feeling the breeze of the water and looking out past the pool. In a word - we just felt comfortable. We were able to focus on having a great time without a bit of stress.
We would highly recommend this property to anyone looking to experience the entire island. It is centrally located and provides easy access to any activity you may want to experience on Maui. During this week we saw the sunset on Haleakala, drove the road to Hana, had some great shopping and dining in Lahaina and Kihei and experienced many great beaches. We never felt like anything was out of the way.
We didn't do any cooking at the property except for light breakfast, but the kitchen had everything we needed. The appliances we used most were the washer and dryer - - sure is nice to be able to pack light and not worry about carrying too many suitcases.
THANK YOU for an amazing time!
This property is a great value and location on the island. Being in a central location was perfect for me since every day I would go to a different part of the island. And going downtown to the gym and stores was very convenient. The unit had everything I needed and the views can't be beat whether looking out the unit, sitting at the small beach by the property or walking 5 minutes to Sugar Beach.
This place has everything to make your vacation perfect and it is very well equipped ( all you need to cook, beach chairs, cooler, boogie board , beach towels etc.) The location is great to visit the island wherever you want to go: Haleakala ( 1h30 drive from the condo . We did twice since we missed the sunset because of the rain first time) Hana road, beaches, Lahaina and Paia (really nice town ) and unfortunately at one point the airport. Maalaea is very small and there is very little to do. If you rent a car it is not a big issue . The view on Haleakala and the ocean is awesome! . I saw big turtles swimming in the ocean just in front. Kimberly , the owner is very helpful and she answered all questions very quickly.
We loved our stay at the Maalaea Banyans. Maalaea is a quiet little harbor town (not much to the town), but we loved that. It's in a central location that is close to wherever you might want to go. There's a great drive along the ocean to Lahaina and it's convenient to the airport. The condo was really nice, with remodeling that had been done. The condos were quiet but faced the water and Haleakala (mountain). We enjoyed the hot tub and also just watching the stars and moon from the beach chairs. It is very close to one of the best walking beaches on Maui (I guess 3 miles long though we didn't make it that far!) One of the guidebooks talked about Maalaea being windy. It was at times, but it was perfect on the hot days to get a great breeze through the condo (A/C is available, too). Kimberly, the owner, was wonderful to work with. It was a great price, nice condo, beautiful view and great location.
We really enjoyed breakfast on the patio with the beautiful ocean views! We had a visit from a chicken, a couple of ducks, birds, and a few little lizards. I loved it! We saw turtles by the rocks, which was very neat. Dinner on the patio in the evening was very nice too. The tiki tourches added a nice touch and you could see the lights from Kihei and Wailea. The condo has beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrella, coolers and some beach toys for the kids. We loved the central island location. If you are renting a car and want to explore the island of Maui than this location works. The condo is simple, but has everything you need for appliances and utensils. It had tile floors throughout with the exception of the bedroom which had carpet. The queen size bed was very comfortable. The pool and hot tub are nice, the grounds are well kept. In July, we snorkeled from the property, but the water was not clear, it was rocky and currents were strong, not for kids. There are plenty of beautiful beaches within a short drive. If we go back to Maui we will stay again! This simple, quiet place was just right for us.
It was a perfect place overlooking the Maalaea harbor ... The view and location could not be more perfect! I loved walking outside and right onto a green lawn leading up to the ocean. Maalaea is perfect as there is a nice breeze - it doesn't get as hot as in other parts of the island. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!
Within walking distance to the Harbor and Maui Ocean Center home of the Maui Aquarium
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 2017 - Mar 31 2017
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.