What is STAR Host? : STAR Hosts are experienced hosts who have met and exceeded HomeAways STAR hosting criteria
STAR Host: HomeAway
Please do not send Booking Request without going through the regular inquiring process. Also, when you contact us first, please make sure to include the following: your country, number of guests, their gender and ages, and a brief introduction of you and/or your group. Thank you!
=== Quick Info of our Machiya ===
Only 5 min walk from Kyoto station. In a quiet location. Also, 15 min walk to Toji, Higashi Hongwan-ji and Tofuku-ji. Great location for walking in and exploring Kyoto.
=== Access ===
By train: From 5min. walk Kyoto station of JR and shinkansen (Hachijyoguchi tickt gate).
- From Kansai airport, MK Skygate shuttle bus (3,500yen)
- From Osaka airport, MK Skygate shuttle bus (2,300yen)
MK sky gate shuttle bus is shared-taxi. You need to book it in advance.
MK sky gate shuttle can accept booking on phone until 12 afternoon of the day before.
=== Neighborhood ===
Eating: We do not serve meals. You can cook your favorite dishes using ingredients of Kyoto in the kitchen . We will recommend best local restaurants, bars, cafes and shops.
Suggested Dining Places
- Shinpukusaikan Popular Ramen shop(Noodles shop): There is a long line in front of the shop everyday.
- Kicho: 3 stars of Michelin guide. You can enjoy Kaiseki (Formal Japanese style foods).
Places to Visit: There are lots of them in Kyoto!
There are 24 hour convenience stores within 5 minute walk.
=== Rooms and Facility ===
Japanese Living Room: There is a display of a traditional wedding kimono.
Japanese Garden: The garden gives a tranquil and peaceful feeling.
Living Room: 24hour internet access.
Japanese Style Bed Room: It comes withTatami flooring to help you have a comfortable stay.
Provided: futons, linens, internet, air conditioner, washer, inductive heater cooker, cookware, set of dishes, kettle, toaster, microwave, hair dryer, drinks (tea), bicycle (2 units)
What guests should bring: shampoo, body soap, toothbrush, shaver, bath towels, pajamas and other personal necessities
There is a fridge. There is no TV.
We do not provide a phone, please use a public phone near or your cellphone.
If you have any questions, such as materials and equipment not specified in the list, please feel free to contact us.
=== Notes on Prices ===
If you wish to replace the linen once, "500 yen Number of guests" will be the charge for that. Please let us know in advance.
For a stay of 3 days or more, we may be able to offer discount. For more information please contact us.
=== Booking Flow ===
1. You send us an inquiry first.
2. If everything works out between us, then, you will send us a booking request.
3. We review the request. If it is something we can accept, we will do it and the reservation becomes finalized. Then, the payment gets made through travelmob.
4. After the reservation is finalized, then, we will send you a reservation confirmation email with agreement that must be read thoroughly and agreed upon in order for you to stay at our house. After we confirm you read it thoroughly and agreed to the terms in the contract, then, we will send you information about check-in, including security code for entrance.
5. On the date of check in, you will go directly to our machine and use the security code to enter it. Check-in is after 4 pm only.
6. During your stay, if you have questions, you can contact us by phone, email or travelmob messaging system. (Our phone number and email address will be shared with you once the reservation becomes finalized)
7. Check-out must be done by 11 am. When you check out, please make sure to lock the entrance.