About the property
- House2496 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay30 nights
3 BEDROOM • 2.5 BATH ~ IS A QUIET SANCTUARY WITH EASY WALK TO CARPINTERIA BEACH
• SLEEPS 4
• 2,496 SQ FT
• DISCERNING RENTERS WILL APPRECIATE THIS HOME
• ONE-OF-A-KIND HOME W/ A FRESH MODERN TWIST
• IMMACULATE! IMMACULATE! IMMACULATE!
• FULLY FURNISHED
• SINGLE LEVEL HOME
• NEARLY 1/4 ACRE OF LOVELY LANDSCAPED GARDENS
• WEEKLY GARDENER INCLUDED
• 3 BEDROOM / 3 BATHROOMS
• 30+ NIGHT MINIMUM STAY
• MONTHLY RENTALS ONLY
• A SEPARATE FORMAL LIBRARY IS SIMPLY STUNNING
• A SEPARATE LARGE MEDIA ROOM IS A 'PERFECTLY REFINED MAN CAVE' (FORMERLY BEDROOM #3)
• HANDPICKED DESIGNER FURNISHINGS & FABRICS
• EASY SINGLE-STORY
• LUXE AMENITIES & COOL AIRY SPACES
• PRIVATELY SURROUNDED BY SOOTHING GARDENS
• MOUNTAIN VIEWS FROM LARGE WINDOWS
• COASTAL VACATION W/ PERFECT TEMPERATURE
• SHORT WALKING DISTANCE TO DOWNTOWN AND BEACHES
• LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
• THIS HOME IS THE TRULY RARE LUXE SANCTUARY!
• CITY OF CARPINTERIA SHORT-TERM RENTAL(STR) - BUSINESS LICENSE & TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX(TOT) COMPLIANT
• HOME ENJOYS A LARGE CORNER LOT VIEW
• QUIET OWNER-OCCUPIED NEIGHBORHOOD
• LUXE HIGH-END 'CRAFTSMANSHIP'
• 'BESPOKE' DESIGNER FURNITURE
• FINSHES! FINISHES! FINISHES!
• THIS IS A PEACEFUL AND SERENE RESIDENCE
• IMMACULATE PROPERTY INSIDE & OUTSIDE
• A 'PRIVATE SANCTUARY' SURROUNDED BY GARDENS
• ESPECIALLY WELL SUITED FOR SEASONAL SNOWBIRDS / RETIRED PEOPLE WHO LOVE THE CALIFORNIA COAST
• ESPECIALLY WELL SUITED FOR COUPLES OR SINGLES...WHO ARE NOW READY TO GET AWAY FROM NOISY BIG CITIES FOR 1-6 MONTHS
• 'SETTLE IN' WHILE ENJOYING LUXE COMFORT
• WONDERFUL NATURAL SURROUNDINGS HERE
• EASY SINGLE-LEVEL "CARPINTERIA" RESIDENCE
• LUXURY AND COMFORT W/ A FRESH MODERN TWIST
• EASY WALK TO LIVELY 'BUSINESS HUBS'
Superb craftsmanship says it all. Nestled at the base of the Santa Ynez Mountains, and enveloped by green English Garden style landscaping, this Carpinteria sanctuary with clean, simple, uncluttered design will appeal to seasoned travelers, or even as a longer stay retreat-style option, while vacationing along the Central Coast and visiting beautiful Santa Barbara.
My home was built in in 1999, and I completely remodeled it in 2005, to have a timeless classic design. It now includes: 3 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms (2 Full Baths & 1 Powder Bathroom) a separate delightful Library, plus a convenient interior Laundry Room.
You will appreciate the gleaming hardwood floors throughout, which give the home warmth and a clean and modern feel. The handmade solid bathroom cabinets and bookshelves that line the elegant Library/Office are made of solid wood, as is the solid wood trim throughout the entire home, finishing it with timeless fine wood craftsmanship for your vacation stay.
E X P E R I E N C E...
Peace and relaxation in this gracious home with an inviting library, soaring airy ceilings, solid wood double-paned windows with clad exteriors. There is state-of-the-art recessed halogen lighting and wall sconces that diffuse soft golden light everywhere, and are luxurious amenities that will make you feel very comfortable and snug. You will enjoy the soaring ceilings which lend an architectural grace and quiet opulence to very breathable spaces, the special art niches tucked here and there, refined architectural details, and modern state-of-the-art lighting that creates a warm glow and elegant atmosphere with an exquisitely rich and classic feeling.
There are two charming large Box-Window Seats for quiet relaxation, and the Twin-Bedded Guest Bedroom has a large Bay-Window looking out to the garden and mountain views. The solid wood moldings, window trims and ledges, Double French doors, a custom-built fireplace surround, bronze hardware, and all polished nickel and Kohler porcelain bathroom fixtures are of the highest quality.
The large En-Suite Master Bathroom has exquisite Brown Italian marble, a jet bathtub, and a separate shower enclosed in the loveliest pale-green glass. It is a simple, yet handsome design, inspired from the Art Deco era.
Extra power outlets in all the rooms and WiFi and Internet create added modern conveniences. There are two flat screen Sony Televisions to enjoy the Cable T.V., in both the Kitchen Family Room and the Media Room, adding more luxury and comfort.
A 'peaceful sanctuary' will be yours in the morning at Birch House when you walk out to a fully enclosed private rear yard with mountain views, lush bushes, Jacaranda and Olive trees, and enjoy the large pristine patio for a morning juice or cup of hot coffee, or later on for a nice BBQ and refreshments. You will enjoy Carpinteria's glorious pink, orange and blue night skies against majestic mountain views.
Make your vacation extra special with the exquisite attention to detail that has been designed into this immaculate vacation rental home. Every detail has been carefully thought out for Guest's to enjoy an exceptional stay: exquisite, timeless solid woodwork on every surface, nook and cranny, clean soothing white paint trims let the simple yet exquisite lines and interior design speak for itself. This home is full of luxury and comfort, and beautiful details, that will allow you to relax, retreat and regenerate.
This superbly designed home is tucked away in Pacific Village, and is located less than a mile from one of the Central Coasts' most famous surfing beaches, and is only a 7 minute walk into the quaint but vibrant downtown. This is not a condo or beach bungalow vacation. You will be staying in a private home with high quality designer finishes and furnishings, chosen thoughtfully over the years, which add 'layers of interest' and a 'deeper, richer patina' not found in more typical vacation rentals. The beach is a very easy walk from my home, and is simply one of California's most beautiful, clean sandy beaches ~ and yet so accessible from this vacation home.
Unwind and regenerate here, and as your spirit soars you just might be inspired to write a poem, sketch the gardens - or simply read a book or sunbath. Or travel between Los Angeles~Carpinteria ~Santa Barbara, either by car or daily Amtrak trains to mix with the entertainment industry, take in art museums and shopping, or simply relax and have a close-knit, warm and fun-filled family reunion here in Carpinteria by the sea.
Carpinteria has been featured in the Wall Street Journal as The New Gold Coast, and in Sunset Magazine as Suddenly Stylish. This is an exciting opportunity to experience the coveted California Coast lifestyle during your vacation, and to experience it with simple refinement and quiet elegance.
• SLEEPS 2 - 4
• FULLY FURNISHED
• 30+ NIGHT MINIMUM STAY
• MONTHLY VACATION RENTALS
• CLOSE WALKING DISTANCE TO BEACHES / CITY HUB
• CITY OF CARPINTERIA SHORT-TERM RENTAL(STR) BUSINESS LICENSE & TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX(TOT) COMPLIANT
• EXQUISITELY APPOINTED PRIVATE HOME
• QUIET ESTABLISHED NEIGHBORHOOD
• A 'PEACEFUL SANCTUARY' FOR QUIET RELAXATION
• LARGE PRIVATE GARDENS SURROUND THIS HOME
• ESPECIALLY WELL SUITED FOR SNOWBIRDS / RETIREES WHO ENJOY BEAUTIFUL NATURAL SURROUNDINGS
• ORNITHOLOGISTS WILL BE IN HEAVEN HERE!
• COME IN AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER FOR THE COOL OCEAN BREEZES AND LAZY AFTERNOONS ON THE BEACH
• YOU WILL LOVE THIS LUXE EASY HOME
• SINGLE-LEVEL HOME
• A CALIFORNIA TURN-KEY GEM
• AN EASY WALK TO LIVELY 'BUSINESS HUBS'
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 16, 2018
I grew up in Northern California, later graduating from the University of California for my undergraduate degree. I enjoy interior design, acquiring art, traveling and collecting other objet d'art whether a small figurine from Russia or a luxurious handmade cotton coverlet from Portugal. One of my favorite things to do is to travel, with an emphasis on iconic gardens, art, culture, scenery, music and Michelin restaurants, whenever possible. I also appreciate a lovingly maintained home that is both squeaky clean, and, rich in cozy comfort. I particularly like to combine the elements of sleek luxe amenities and earthy coziness together, and also look for these qualities when searching out my own travel accommodations. I always try to included them in the architecture and soft furnishings of my own vacation rental home, Birch House. I feel a deep gravitational pull to Carpinteria, and the sandy beaches. It is the deep blue ocean, the clean air, the soft breezes, and the romantic views and the Santa Ynez Mountains as backdrop, along with the pink, fuchsia and velvet blue colors of the night skies throughout the year, that call to me to return to this authentic little city of calm and tranquility. Here in Carpinteria, early-California history is still very alive, and resonates within ones being with reminders of a gentler time. Carpinteria Valley still evokes that tranquil pace of early California. Thank you for choosing Birch House for your vacation.
Owner purchased this House in 2000
Why Owner chose Carpinteria
• IMMACULATE! IMMACULATE! IMMACULATE! • SEPARATE FORMAL LIBRARY IS SIMPLY STUNNING • SEPARATE LARGE MEDIA ROOM (A PERFECTLY REFINED, LUSH 'MAN CAVE') • LUXE HIGH-END 'CRAFTSMEN' FINISHED HOME • LUXURIOUSLY APPOINTED ARCHITECTURAL DETAILS • FULLY FURNISHED • FREE WIFI • MONTHLY VACATION RENTALS • 30 DAY MINIMUM • LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! • SINGLE-LEVEL, EXCELLENT FLOOR PLAN • LIGHT, AIRY, BRIGHT CAPE COD STYLE HOME • DO NOT NEED A CAR • HIGH WALKABILITY SCORE • EASY WALK TO LIVELY 'BUSINESS HUBS' • WALK EVERYWHERE: BEACH, COFFEE, SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS, MOVIES • TURN-KEY: PICTURE PERFECT INTERIORS/EXTERIORS • EXCEPTIONALLY QUIET & SERENE SETTING, YET VERY EASY FREEWAY ACCESS • PRISTINE SPACIOUS ROOMS • LARGE PRIVATE GARDEN SETTING SURROUNDS THIS ONE-OF-A-KIND COASTAL HOME • IMMACULATELY MAINTAINED BY OWNER • CITY OF CARPINTERIA SHORT-TERM RENTAL(STR) - BUSINESS LICENSE & TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX(TOT) COMPLIANCE(S) MY FAVORITE 'SPECIAL PLACES' IN CARPINTERIA: • Sly's Restaurant (My favorite dinner spot. Simply wonderful.) • Crushcakes Cafe (My favorite sweet tooth spot. Go on Wednesday for the Marshmallow Truffle cupcake or try the Salted Caramel French Macaroons. Yummy, yummy, yummy.) • Susan Willis, Ltd. (My favorite gift and soap boutique.) • Chocolats Du Calibressan (My favorite gourmet chocolates by our very own Carpinteria resident, French chocolatier, Jean-Michel.) • Peebee & Jay's (The Cranny Jay is my favorite... all I can say is, Elvis would have been in heaven here with all the peebee and jay's!) • Seaside Garden's (My favorite garden to chill...and because it has many types of gardens all in one spot.) • Delgado's Mexican Restaurant (My favorite Mexican dinner spot.) • Foster's Freeze (My favorite 'old fashioned' soft swirly vanilla ice cream cone!) • Roxanne's, A Wish and A Dream (My favorite place to see so much color and to feel creative.)
What makes this House unique
Nearly a 1/4 acre, this corner lot home provides quiet privacy. Warm HARDWOOD FLOORS and luxurious interiors. BIRCH HOUSE is a PRIVATE RETREAT surrounded all around by a QUIET GARDEN SANCTUARY. MUSEUM QUALITY LIGHTING SYSTEM. The home has a SLEEK WHITE LIBRARY that can double as your office away from home. The third bedroom has been turned into a nesting MEDIA ROOM and IS A REFINED version of the RARE and much coveted 'MAN CAVE.' This home exudes healthy Santa Barbara Style living. WILLOWY WHITE BIRCH TREES and lush California Style landscaping surround the home, which envelope this home in privacy. A variety of SWEET BIRDS visit and enjoy the gardens daily. An EXQUISITE interior LIGHTING SYSTEM, has light dimmers in every room. Wonderful MOUNTAIN VIEWS, glorious sunsets, and indigo skies filled with moonlight are yours from almost every room. Very close WALK TO BEACH and DOWNTOWN. An EASY WALK to Carpinteria RESTAURANTS and SHOPS. WALK TO public transportation very easily to catch a CITY BUS or the AMTRAK TRAIN, into Santa Barbara or Los Angeles. SLEEK, SIMPLE, ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN with a gracious Single Level floor plan. SOPHISTICATED LIVING set in a lush Santa Barbara Style garden setting. UPLIFTING VIEWS from every window. IMMACULATE and SLEEK! You will simply not want to leave the comfort and serenity of BIRCH HOUSE.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautiful, quiet, superlative home!
This house is amazing. Literally the quietest place I have ever enjoyed. I simply loved every minute of it and hated to leave!!
The house is as beautifully decorated as in the photos, but what the photos can't convey is how truly comfortable, cozy and serene the house is. I stayed in December and it was simply perfect- warm and comfortable with a great gas fireplace. There is zero neighborhood noise - unreal!
Of course all the accoutrements are there and the appliances are all new and beautiful. The master bed may be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. And the furniture is new and in great shape (unlike many rentals!). The owner was so gracious in introducing me to the property.
The neighborhood is very high end and close to all that Carpinteria, Montecito and Santa Barbara have to offer.
I'm a tough reviewer and critic, but this property is simply perfect in every way....... you will not be disappointed!
Dear Ms. O,
Thank you very much for your generous review of my vacation rental home. I greatly appreciate your 'critical' review, as I strive behind-the -scenes to make it smooth and stress-free, and, for the space to be as peaceful and serene as possible for my Guest's. I could sense that you needed some relaxation, and I endeavored to make sure you received 100% complete rest and relaxation. It was such a pleasure to finally meet you. As far as Guest's go, you were a 'Dream Guest.' I would love to have you back in the future.
Proprietor, White Birch House
Our stay was delightfully pleasent.
The home was spectacular and very elegantly laid out. It provided us with the comforts and beauty that exceeded our expectation's. All of our needs were met above and beyond what we could have anticipated. The beach in Carpentaria was just a short walk away. As we made your way there, we were surrounded by the timeless shops, eateries, and stores. Carpentaria beach is second to none, with its long sandy beach, gorgeous surf, and beautiful skyline. Santa Barbara is just a sort drive away from this lovely home, with easy access to the freeways. I would recommend this home to any one making there way to Carpentaria, Santa Barbara and surrounding areas. Staying in this glorious home was the icing on the cake for our adventures in Southern California.
BIRCH HOUSE is located in the charming Pacific Village neighborhood of Carpinteria, and sits on the corner of two quiet cul-de-sacs, and has wonderful views of the majestic Santa Ynez Mountains. Birch House is also just a short walk to the main downtown, Carpinteria Beach and the Pacific Ocean. During your stay, you can take a short drive up to the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country on stunning Highway 101-N. A sightseeing visit to the areas famous wineries of the California Central Coast are just an hours drive north, and you could be back at Birch House in time for a nice barbeque dinner on the patio or to prepare your own full course dinner in the uncluttered and fully stocked stainless steel kitchen. You might even opt to dine out at one of the nice restaurants that Carpinteria is proud to offer visitors. The choices will be fun to make... Mostly untouched by the hectic 'go-here-go-there' pace of many other California cities, Carpinteria has a relaxing 1950's-'60's California charm. You will notice that the local people slow down, sit on benches and talk to each other, eat ice cream, go to the candy store, walk, bike, or skateboard everywhere. The savvy local people avidly attend local art galleries, and truly enjoy supporting their local Carpinteria merchants, many of whom have moved here specifically to enjoy a sweeter, more carefree and healthy California lifestyle. Carpinteria is proud to offer residents a large community pool, a small and historic city library, a museum, numerous banks, a fine movie and art theater, music, dancing, yoga, pilates, bookstores, nail salons, post office, beauty salons, breweries, and nice restaurants, all with a very cool and casual vibe. Best of all you can walk (or bike) pretty much everywhere, as I do when I am at my Carpinteria home. You can be active all day at the beach, kayaking, swimming, surfing, sunbathing, or bicycling along the Carpinteria Bluffs, and then walk, bike or drive less than a mile back to Birch House, for a wonderful evening on the patio with family and friends, while watching the beautiful Santa Ynez Mountains slowly saying 'good night' at the end of a long warm day. You can continue to enjoy your evening, on the patio with twinkling stars filling the night sky. This is a special location that is truly magical and regenerating. Best of all, you can leave your car parked at Birch House, as my home is perfectly located for you to walk to all the vibrant downtown activities, Thursday Farmer's Market, shopping, art venues, grocery stores, and still have a very easy walk back home to a very comfortable and elegantly designed home close to the beach. Coming inside from all the bright natural beauty that Carpinteria will offer you, you will be glad to have an immaculate, stylish and peaceful home base to return to, to regroup and regenerate your senses. Birch House is a place to refresh, visit, relax, bathe, read, and to sit down and dine ~ in luxurious style. I love this Carpinteria 'sanctuary' that is also my Santa Barbara vacation home, and I want to personally extend an invitation to you to stay at Birch House, and for it to be your special vacation spot as well. * SLEEPS 3 - 4 * NOTE: 30-NIGHT MINIMUM STAY * 1 MONTH VACATION RENTALS * LUXE FURNISHINGS/AMENITIES * CITY OF CARPINTERIA SHORT-TERM VACATION RENTAL(STR) - BUSINESS LICENSE & TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX(TOT) COMPLIANCE(S) * SNOWBIRDS & RETIREES WHO WANT TO LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND & RELAX, WILL LOVE THIS CHIC YET VERY COMFORTABLE SINGLE-LEVEL WEST-COAST HOME! * NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN AND THESE SPECIAL PLACES ARE 'FAVORITES' OF MINE: • Sly's Restaurant (owner's favorite dinner spot. Simply wonderful.) • Crushcakes Cafe (owner's favorite sweet tooth spot. Go on Wednesday for the Marshmallow Truffle cupcake or Friday for the Raspberry Champagne cupcake. Yummy, yummy, yummy) • Susan Willis, Ltd. (owner's favorite gift boutique) • Roxanne's, A Wish and A Dream (owner's favorite place to feel creative) • Peebee & Jay's (The Cranny Jay is owner's favorite... all I can say is, Elvis would have been in heaven here with all the peebee and jay's!) • Soap (owner's favorite soap boutique) • Seaside Garden's (owner's favorite garden to chill...and just because...) • Delgado's Mexican Restaurant (owner's favorite Mexican dinner...now there are others, but this is owner's favorite spot) • Carpinteria Valley Lumber Company (owner's favorite home gadget spot...never, EVER close, please!) • Carpinteria Valley Library (the last of the oldies)
Additional information about rental rates
• 30+ NIGHTS MINIMUM STAYS • FULLY FURNISHED • 1 MONTH MINIMUM RENTALS • CITY OF CARPINTERIA COMPLIANT • PLEASE NOTE: 30 NIGHTS OR MORE MINIMUM STAYS ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• • Summer Season rates are in effect for Thanksgiving Week and Christmas Weeks. • $395 Cleaning Fee: One Time Departure Cleaning. • $150 Cleaning Fees: After 14 nights. *Bi-weekly Cleaning Fees (every 14 nights) are required. • $4,000 Fully Refundable Damage Deposit refundable within 14 days of checkout. • 30+ night stays do not qualify for the Property Damage Protection Waiver Programs. • Until confirmed, rates are subject to change. • (Online Site) Booking Fee varies based on Reservation Cost.