About the property
- House6000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Bedrooms 6, Bathrooms 5, Sleeps 29
**Please contact us to confirm rates for more than 2 nights, as they may not calculate accurately.
**All reservations must meet all Booking Requirements
This 5-Star luxury oasis, only 40 minutes from Chicago, is a private, secluded, spa-quality, ultimate beachfront getaway right on the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Miller Beach Dream Retreat offers commanding views of Lake Michigan, unspoiled dunes, the Chicago skyline and is loaded with first-class amenities, top-of-the-line fixtures, appliances, furnishings, and a pro sand volleyball court. This year-round Beach Retreat is Indiana’s most luxurious vacation rental offering complete privacy.
MILLER BEACH, IN, is the closest beach-side community to Chicago, is a unique and growing artist community in NW Indiana full of:
* Shopping Destinations
* Fine Dining
* Miles of pristine beaches and nature trails
* Hundreds of attractions are located within 60 minutes:Casinos, Amusement/Water Parks, Golf, Antiquing, Wineries, Outlet Malls
* Close proximity to Chicago’s rich culture
DREAM RETREAT: ENTIRE COMPOUND
* 6 bedrooms
* 5 baths
* Two full kitchens
* 2000sqft of custom outdoor living space
* Sleeps 19 in beds (including 2 queen sofa pullouts)
* Additional sleeping accommodations for 10 guests include five high-rise, deluxe aerobeds
* Floorplan is functional with large gathering spaces for grand-scale entertaining and comfortable, cozy nooks for managed solitude.
* Unlike most rentals flanked on both sides by neighbors which offer no privacy, the Dream Retreat is 350 feet from our closest neighbor. It is located on a quiet, tree-lined, cul-de-sac street and corner lot. Daily maid service available upon request.
* Perfect for guest chefs or families to make meals together, this full-service kitchen opens to the two-story Great Room.
* Dining service for 3* Bosch and Jenn-Air professional appliance suite includes double electric baking and convection microwave ovens, 36in gas roasting oven with six-sealed burners, warming oven, chimney hood, built-in Fridge with auto ice-maker, dishwasher,
* Custom, built-in wine center that features two separate Marvel cooling units for red wine and cold-temperature beverages as well as specialty glassware cabinets.
* Double-bowl farm sink with Grohe pull-out faucet, all small appliances, cookware, bakeware, flatware, glassware, barware, and supplies.
* Oversized island has a prep sink and seating for four guests.
* Keurig coffee station
MULTI LEVEL DECKS
* Overlooks the beautiful National Lakeshore, its unspoiled beaches, lush dune-scape, and the Chicago Skyline.
* 2000sqft of private and secluded outdoor living space
* Five multi-level decks
* Several seating and dining areas including a conversation fire pit, bistro tables, cushioned chairs, loungers, hammock and swing.
* 8-person hot tub with LED lighting
* Heated outdoor shower
* Professional Napoleon gas grill
* Professional sand volley ball court set to women’s Olympic specifications.
* Guesthouse also has private deck, Weber gas grill, and bistro table.
* Experience the rustic-chic atmosphere of 28ft beamed, cathedral wood ceiling with studio lighting and five skylights
* Six large casement windows and patio doors open to the main deck
* Wood burning stove provides cozy ambiance, dancing flames, and warmth on those chilly nights
* Solid hickory dining table seats ten and banquet tables and chairs are also available.
* Chocolate leather sofa and matching club chairs complete the space.
* Inviting wrap-around balcony overlooks the Great Room and is one of the most popular gathering places
* It conveniently opens to the multi-level decks and has an 18ft wall of windows to showcase panoramic views
* Lounge on the leather sectional or perch in the parakeet chair while viewing the 50in HDTV with Blu-Ray DVD and Dolby 5.1 surround sound.
* Play poker or games on the professional table
* Stream music inside and out with the Yamaha and Jamo high-fidelity sound system.
* A Queen Anne Foosball table
* Walk-in wet bar with counter space for ten, refrigerator, Kohler sink and faucet, and back-light bar shelves
* TV viewing area has a coffee leather queen sofa-bed and club chairs
* A 55in digital cable HDTV with Dolby 5.1 surround sound
* A library with over 200 DVDs and 200 CDs.
* Master Suite
* 4 queen bedrooms
* Bunk Room which sleeps five and has one twin XL over queen plus a twin over twin bunk.
* Two queen sofa beds
* Several high-rise, self-inflating/deflating Aerobeds with built-in headboards are available. Guests love the convenience and simplicity of putting them wherever and whenever.
* All bedrooms offer high thread-count linens, comforters and pillows
* Ceiling fans or stand fans
* Digital cable HDTVs with DVD players
* Ample closet space with hangers, full length mirrors, dressers, and nightstands with lamps.
* 1200 sqft
* Double 9ft patio doors open to wrap-around decks with amazing lake views, table seating, and built-in bench which
* Views of spectacular sun rises over the dune-scape, Lake Michigan, and the Chicago skyline
* Sky lit cathedral ceilings and Juliette balcony with French doors overlooking the Entertainment Loft and Great Room below
* A premium queen sized Stearns & Foster bed is centered to maximum views of surrounding nature.
* 60in Smart HDTV with digital cable and Roku for movie and music streaming.
* Adjacent is the 10ft by 8ft Master Closet with skylights, window, and raised loft area
En-suite MASTER BATH
* Custom-designed spa sanctuary with commercial-grade fixtures
* Kohler steam shower with seating for two persons, a eucalyptus oil reservoirs for steam-aroma therapy, and temperature-controlled, Grohe rain fall shower head and hand-held massaging shower
* Dry-Cedar Sauna with benches for two persons to lie down, digital controls, and cedar enclosed walls and ceiling
* The two-person peninsula jetted-tub has artic white tile and 12 air-controlled jets. Dimmable LED chandelier lighting sets the perfect ambiance for your break from reality
* Separate vanities with custom mirrors and Grohe faucets as well as a separate WC room
BATHROOMS (5 total)
* Custom vanities and mirrors
* Kohler sinks
* Grohe faucets
* Rain fall shower heads
* Marble tile
* Fluffy towels
* Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tissues
* Hair dryers
GUESTHOUSE at Miller Beach Dream Retreat
* Full Kitchen
* Bathroom with rain shower head and jetted tub
* 16ft vaulted skylighted ceilings
* Dining table seating for 6
* Leather queen sleeper sofa
* 50in Smart TV with Blu-Ray player
* Private deck with Weber gas grill and bistro table
* Private entrance
* All major appliances, ice-maker, dishwasher
* Quartz counters
* Island seating for two
* Built-in desk
* Grohe sprayer faucet
* All small appliances
* Keurig coffee station
* Cookware, bakeware, flatware, glassware, barware
* Soaps, towels, paper towels, etc.
* Driveway parking for 8 vehicles
* Three mega-capacity laundry units which use pureWash Pro Activated Oxygen (Ozone) to clean and sanitize. They do not require detergent, bleach, fabric softener, or hot water.
* 11 HDTVs with DVD players
* Supplies including soaps, paper towels, tissue, trash bags, etc.
* 11 Mitsubishi AC wall units and radiant heat boiler with six thermostatic zones for customized comfort.
* We are also dog-friendly and allow up to four (4) adult, house-trained dogs: $79/dog, $29/night or $200/week
* 2 night minimum.
* Observed Holidays require a three night minimum and Holiday Premium may apply
* Licensee must be at least 30 years of age.
* Additional Fee for more than 19 guests: $50/person (one-time) use and occupancy fee (over the age of 2).
* Occupancy Limit: The Dream Retreat accommodates up to 29 guests.
* Onsite Parking available for 8, Overflow parking located 5 minutes from house
* No high school, prom, college, bachelor parties or similar groups, or underage groups are permitted.
* No commercial or retail entities or third-party service providers (e.g., catering companies, DJ’s, VJ’s, rental equipment companies, etc.).
* No illegal, dangerous, or non-family oriented activities of any kind are permitted on the Premises (e.g., underage drinking, illegal narcotics, strippers, beach fires, fireworks, etc.).
* Care for the Premises with all due care, leave it undamaged, clean, and keep conditions safe throughout your stay.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
As an Engineer and General Contractor, I have a passion for designing and building luxury smart homes. Being from a large family, I create spaces to accommodate large families and groups who want to celebrate, entertain, and relax. My wife is an accomplished Interior Designer and Event Planner whose work has been published by Martha Stewart and Vogue Magazine and loves to furnish inviting spaces, ensuring that all the details and creature-comforts are attended to. We are proud to call the Dream Retreat home and enjoy our private oasis, where we can escape from it all.
Why Hilary chose Gary
The Miller Beach Dream Retreat was conceptualized in 2005 and meticulously designed, built, and furnished for the sole purpose of entertaining large groups and beachfront relaxation. We are in the memory-making business and have hosted thousands since 2007. Completed in 2007, the Miller Beach Dream Retreat Entire Compound is 6000 sq.ft. comprising a Main House with six half-levels (Level 1 through 6 with six steps between each) plus an Attached Guesthouse. 2000 sq.ft. of outdoor living space are multi-level decks with amazing views and amenities. After staying in many properties around the globe, we have defined luxury vacation rental. Views from the Dream Retreat to the North and East are pure nature: Lake Michigan and rolling dunes. To the Northwest, see the unmistakable Chicago skyline. Follow the nature trail through a sliver of Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore to the semi-private, sugar-sand beach, wade onto the 150ft sand bar, swim in the crystal clear water. Enjoy no rocks, muck, or algae.
What makes this House unique
Unlike most beachfront rentals that are flanked on both sides by noisy, nosy neighbors and offer little to no privacy, the Miller Beach Dream Retreat was built to be private and secluded. We are located on a quiet, tree-lined cul-de-sac street on a corner lot and 350 feet from our closest neighbor. Our backyard and beach IS the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. This little slice of paradise contains one of the most diverse ecosystems in the entire national park system. It is world famous for the Karner Blue butterfly and has over 369 species of flowering plants and cacti. The first manned-glider ride, preceding the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk, occurred on historic Chanute Hill (200ft from our rear deck) in 1896 by Octave Chanute. The Aquatorium, a half-mile walk on a nature trail, contains both the Chanute and Tuskegee Airmen Museums. Our guest list is confidential, but includes A-list celebrities, professional sports stars, and noted journalists.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:30 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
This home was great for our group of 19.
Hilary thought of everything, with plenty of dishes, coffee, games and puzzles, movies, bedding, towels, basic toiletries. It was so nice to just show up and enjoy spending time with our extended family. This home was better than we expected and we can't wait to stay again!
Thank you so much for having your family reunion with us! When we travel as a family, we only stay in vacation rental homes for so many reasons, one of which is to see what our competitors are doing and make sure we stay several steps ahead. We try to offer everything imaginable to make your stay with us perfect. Leave your worries behind, enjoy family and friends, and hit the beach! We look forward to seeing you again this Spring.
Jim and Hilary
Stunning views, well maintained home, responsive owners
As a group of 15 or so thirty somethings who get together once a year, we have stayed in many properties. This ranks among the best. We rented the entire house (including guest house) and had lots of room to spread. Hillary offered a quick response to any concerns we had and was very accessible. The house is clean, grounds are well managed, and quick access to trails is amazing. We had a great winter getaway, did some amazing cooking in the best stocked kitchen we've had, and spent a lot of time together in the warm, inviting spaces. The few issues we had were resolved quickly and effectively. One note: when sharing the entire house, the bunk room is not a private space (we ended up with one less private space than we had expected).
Thank you for staying with us and for your thoughtful review!
Yes, the Miller Beach Dream Retreat is directly on the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (soon to be America's 60th National Park!) and a short walk, on Octave Chanute Trail, to the sugar-sand beach. Many of our guests enjoy staying in the off-peak season and even mid-week to take advantage of our best pricing as well as the tranquility and solitude of the dunes, beaches, and hiking trails. The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore/Park and beach are truly magical in all four seasons!
My wife and I take great pride in offering a very special and unique experience for our guests. Our rentals are loaded with everything (and sometimes more!) you'd find at your own home. Comfort is of paramount importance to us. We've stayed in almost 60 vacation rentals homes in several countries, and each experience brings new ideas and exciting ways to increase our guests satisfaction.
We hope to see you again soon!
Sit back and enjoy
On March 3rd 2017 I hosted my annual girl's birthday retreat. Upon arrival I was greeted by Hilary and two lovely assistants. They were all welcoming, I was taken on a tour of the house. Where each level gave me goosebumps because of the beauty. After the tour we discussed rules, regulations and the overall upkeep of the house. It's exactly what you see in the pictures. Very spacious for my 13 guests. However, it was a few hiccups it had nothing to do with the house. It was more so about communication and paperwork. Other than that, I loved the house, the stay and the comfort it provided..It literally felt like a home away from home. Everything I needed was at my fingertips. I appreciated the up to date appliences (especially the Keurig) and the personalized welcome pack. The beds are extremely comfortable and the stairs are a breeze, I have respiratory issues and I feared it would be an issue, but it wasn't a problem at all. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and the beautiful view.
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We enjoyed hosting your birthday retreat and glad that our home exceeded your expectations! We always strive for continuous improvement and value your feedback.
I designed the Dream Retreat to be six half-levels, with a maximum of six steps between them, on both the interior and exterior staircases, to make it easier for guests with mobility/respiratory issues to navigate the home.
As for the paperwork/communication hiccup, I apologize for any inconvenience, but we do require a security deposit credit card authorization for all guests. Like a hotel, we do not charge your card. It only places a temporary hold in case there are damages to capture which automatically expires after departure. Since nothing is charged, there is no waiting for a deposit refund. Our guests really like this convenient process.
We look forward to hosting your birthday retreat again next Spring!
Very Truly Yours,
Loved by all
The house was beautiful! I rented it for 25 people to surprise my husband for his 30th birthday. It was rented for the weekend and everything was spectacular. The house was incredibly clean when we got there & they were nice enough to set up the volleyball net for the unseasonably warm weather. There was tons of space for everyone. Everyone had such a great time. Thank you so much for letting us rent your home for a few days!
Glad to hear that everything was perfect for husband's 30th birthday party! We always try to go the extra distance to ensure that our guests are very pleased and have a memorable experience. Normally, we only put the professional sand volleyball court net and boundary markers, etc. up when the overnight lows are higher than 55 degree (i.e., Peak Season), but we were happy to accommodate your request due to unseasonable warm weather in February.
Hope to see you soon at the Miller Beach Dream Retreat!
Stunning setting, stunning house
We spent a week at the dream retreat with my extended family, for a family reunion of sorts. It was a great week, from the first moments coming into the house, getting a tour with the owner, to the amazing sunrises and sunsets from the hot tub, to the sound of the wind howling and waves crashing on the shorline.
The house is an amazing piece midwest architecture, with amazing natural light, seclusion, and the beds on different levels. We loved using their tablet directory to map out our hiking and beach walks and find great restaurants, shopping, and fun things to do in the area.
Jim and his wife are kind and amazing people who went above and beyond to make sure everything was great. Thanks so much!
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you got some use out of our new interactive, digital "welcome binders". We just started offering these to our guests as an alternative to a boring, static paper binder. We will continue to add content based on guest feedback. Thanks again!
Very Truly Yours,
Finally found our holiday vacation spot
We have rented several homes on Lake Michigan in both Michigan and Indiana and our stay at the Dream Retreat in Miller Beach was our favorite to date. We were with our family of 14, 3 generations, and all agreed that the location and the house could not be beat. We rarely used our car except to go to Sams Club to pick up food. All our meals were prepared in the kitchen which pretty much had everything we needed. House was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. Firewood and stove were a nice perk. The views from the decks were beautiful, especially the skyline of Chicago at sunset. The hiking trails in the National Park began right off the back deck and were fun for the whole family. We were very pleased with renting through Jim. Our orientation to the home upon arrival was thoughtful and the few times we had questions, it was quite easy to get ahold of him. All 14 of us said this was one of the best vacations ever and we all hope to return.
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad your search is over!
See you next December.
Very Truly Yours,
Custom built in 2009, the secluded Dream Retreat will help you escape from it all! Retreat is situated on a cul-de-sac street (no traffic) and corner lot (only house on the corner). Closest neighbor is 350 feet away. Completely private compound (6' & 8' privacy fences). Pro-Sand Beach Volley ball court set to Womany's Olympic specifications (Peak Season only). Entire North (lakeside) and East are Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Hear nothing except the songs of birds, breeze, and waves slapping against the Lake Michigan shoreline. See the Chicago Skyline from the upper decks.
Because of our unique location, only a tiny sliver of National Park separates us (sand & asphalt trail) from the best semi-private sugar-sand beach on Lake Michigan. We are 1/3 mile from Lake St. Beach boat launch (seasonal) for all your water toys, jet-skis, boats, sailboats, etc.
We personally meet you at check-in to give keys, a brief tour, and binder full of fun and useful info and all the best attractions within a 45 minute drive or train ride.
Other Activities: Centrally located and something for everyone! All attractions are within a 45 minute drive or train ride. Shoppers and gamers paradise! grocery/liquor stores, factory Outlet malls (120 stores), West Lake two-story mall, candy factory tours, fine/casual Dining, EZ train to Chicago: (Loop, “Magnificent Mile” shopping, museums, convention center, airports), water parks, amusement parks, Amish Country, scenic drives, Fall foilage tours, flea markets, National Park hiking/biking trails and classroom discussions, winery tours, Casinos (10 min to Trump, Ameristar, Majestic, harrah's, Horseshoe; 30 min to Blue Chip), Wells Street & West Side Beaches, golf, marinas, etc.
Golf: 19 courses withing a 30 mile radius--list and contact information provided in binder at check-in.
Ski: FourLakes Apline Snowsports is in Lisle, IL approx 60 miles from the Retreat and offer a wide variety of terrain, slopes, lessons, and fun for people of all ages.