|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Owned by a couple of cosmopolitain architects who lovingly restored and converted it into their own private residence, Villa Bozzone has been designed, furnished, and fitted to a very high level. The interiors are minimalist and organic whilst outside the extensive lawns join the buildings together and articulate the different areas for lounging in the shade, which includes a loggia facing the courtyard and the pool with sofas, as well as a sheltered outdoor dining area.
The property has appeared in major international magazines such as House and Garden and Architectural Digest, as well as in Bernardo Bertolucci’s film "Stealing Beauty".
• Bathrooms have a complete set of soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion and a hairdryer
• Complimentary produce from the estate (seasonal when available): Extra virgin oil, vinegar, seasonal crops from the vegetable garden and orchard, various jams (plum, fig, apricot and quince), honey.
• Wi-Fi broadband access in most of the house
• Guest’s laundry (washing machine and tumble dryer)
• Baby Equipment: complimentary travel cot and high chair available on request
• Outdoor home cinema
• Satellite TV with DVD Player
• Stereo CD player,
• Firewood supply for the fireplaces & barbecue is included in the rent
• Outdoor lighting
• Ping Pong table
7 Bedrooms: 3 doubles, 2 twins and 3 singles/6 Bathrooms 650 m2/7,000 sq. ft.
MAIN HOUSE - Sleeps 8 in 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms
Living room opening onto a double-arched loggia and paved terrace
Large kitchen with fireplace and comfortable chairs
Dining room with French windows onto a patio
Bedroom 1: single 140x200 bed, en suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
Bedroom 2: single beds 140x200, en suite bathroom with tub, wash basin and WC
Living room with fire place, grand piano and loggia
Bedroom 3: Master double 160x200, dressing room, ensuite bathroom with tub, wash basin and WC
Bedroom 4: double 160x200, en suite bathroom with tub, wash basin and WC
Bedroom 5: twin beds 80x200, ensuite bathroom with shower, wash-basin and WC
TOWER - Sleeps 4 in 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
TOWER GROUND FLOOR
Kitchenette and dining room
TOWER FIRST FLOOR
Bedroom 6: double 160x200, en suite bathroom with shower, wash-basin and WC
TOWER SECOND FLOOR
Bedrooms 7 & 8: 2 single bedrooms 80x200, which share a bathroom with tub, wash-basin and WC
• Salt water swimming pool 5 x 15m
• Ping pong table
• Outdoor home cinema (in summer)
• 1 hectare of fenced garden
• 400-meter-long driveway
• 360-degree view ranging from the city of Siena to the vineyards and hills of Chianti
• Extensive lawns
• Loggia and terraces for al fresco dining
• Vegetable garden and orchard
• 1 full time maid, • 1 maid part time, • Breakfast service every morning (cost of food and drinks extra), • Welcome drink the evening of your arrival, • Cook for lunch or dinner (1 meal a day), • Gardener and pool maintenance--- Service on request: • Additional cook service • Grocery Shopping • Midweek change of linen • Central heating
Refundable security deposit: 2000 Euro
The nearest village with shopping facilities is Pianella, a 5 min drive. Siena 13km, 20 min San Gimignano 46 km 50 min, Montalcino 50 km 1 hr, Montepulcino 63 km 1 hr, Arezzo 86 km 1 hr, Pienza 68 km 1 hr
55% of rental
Most of year
Things to do in the area:
• Siena, this proud Medieval city has much to offer with its Duomo, churches and musuems sitting amongst its tight and winding lanes, which themselves ultimately converge on to the open space of the Piazza del Campo. The Campo is the stage for the Palio (takes place twice every year: on July 2nd and August 16th) which is well worth a visit and not simply for the race itself, but also the events and dinners held in each of the contradas in the build up to and immediately after the main event: 13km, 20 min drive
• San Gimignano is famous for its 14 towers (originally it had 72), erected as a symbol of wealth and power of the merchant families who lived there. The city became part of the sites protected by UNESCO in 1990: 46 km, 50 min drive
• Between 1212 and 1219 Monterriggioni a tiny but exquisite medieval walled town which was built by the Sienese against Florence. Monterriggioni has some of the best preserved walls in Italy & was referenced in Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy as well as more latterly featuring in Ubisoft’s Assassin Creed: 25 km, 30 min drive
• Buonconvento is recognized as ‘one of the most beautiful villages in Italy’, I BORGHI PIU BELLI D'ITALIA. The main street is lined with historic palazzi and Buonconvento also plays host to two museums, including the Sacred Art Musuem exhibiting significant religious paintings from churches across the area: 36 km, 45 min drive
• The village of Montalcino, home to the famous Brunello di Montalcino stands hilltop covered almost entirely with vineyards and at its centre signature examples of Medieval architecture: the Palazzo dei Priori and the wonderful Rocca fortress, built circa XIV century: 50 km, 1 hr drive.
Nine kilometres to the south of Montalcino, in a timeless rural landscape surrounded by yet more Brunello vineyards, can be found the Abbey of Sant’Antimo.
• Pienza, not far from Villa San Luigi, has been declared “Heritage of Mankind” by Unseco and is considered to be the “symbol city” of the Italian Renaissance (as well as famous for its wonderful pecorino cheese): 68 km, 1 hr by car.
• Montepulciano, another charming village, known as the pearl of the 16th century and renowned for the production of wines such as Vino Nobile di Montepulciano: 63 km, 1 hr
• Cortona: This Etruscan town over-looking the Val di Chiana is an attractive tourist location, made all the more famous by the film Under the Tuscan Sun and the books of Frances Mayes: 72km, 1hrs drive
• Chianti: The Chianti region between Florence and Siena is famous not only for its wines but also the wooded landscape of cypress, olive, and oak trees, interspersed with vineyards and picturesque towns and villages.
• The Tuscan Coast: Driving through the wilder countryside to the west of San Luigi, brings you to the Parco Naturale della Maremma which runs along the southern Tuscan coastline dotted with beaches, fishing villages and nature reserves: 103km, 1hr and 15 min drive
• Tennis - San Felice 5km
• Horse Riding - Centro Ippico della Beradenga 15km / Centro Ippico Martini Cicala – Pianella 5 Km
• Golf - Villa Gori Golf Club 10km
• Markets in Siena on Wednesday mornings and Poggibonsi on Tuesday mornings
RECOMMENDED LOCAL RESTAURANTS
La Picarda- Via Della Certosa 2, 53019 Ponte a Bozzone, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Tel 0577357041 Good local food in a close and pretty location. 4 kms from villa
Il Ponte-Via della Pace, 2/10, 53019 Pianella, Castelnuovo Berardenga, Italy Tel 0577363100 Good local food. 5 kms from villa.
Pogio Rosso-Localita San Felice Tel. : +3905773964 The name of this delightful restaurant, a part of the Borgo San Felice hotel, refers to the excellent Chianti Classico Poggio Rosso wine that is produced on the hotel estate. The menu offers an appealing selection of contemporary dishes and regional specialities. 10.5 kms from villa.
La Bottega Del 30- via Santa Caterina 2, località Villa a Sesta 53019 Castelnuovo Berardenga Tel +390577359226 The characteristic stone-built village is worth a visit on its own, but its jewel is the Michelin one star restaurant. It is full of decorations like a shop, and has a romantic summer patio. Cuisine with refined Tuscan flavors. 14 kms from villa.
Il Pozzo- Piazza Roma 20 53035 Monteriggioni Tel +390577304127 Located in the beautiful village square of the must see walled village of Monteriggion. This restaurant has small dining halls with a rustic yet elegant feel, an outdoor summer dining area, and good service. Local cuisine. 25 kms from villa
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
7 night minimum stay
Refundable damage deposit of 2000 Euro is due on arrival.