2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 8
Great Western Lodging
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
It is difficult for me to give a poor review, as I am usually the type to give the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately our stay at this condo left much to be desired. First, the good:
- The location is perfect- one block off of Main street, convenient when traveling with two children under the age of 2 years old. We didn't have to drive to get around Breck, which was ideal.
- The kitchen was well-appointed with plenty of dishes and cooking utensils.
- The living room was comfortable and the patio was nice.
Now, for what needs to be improved:
- The queen bed in this unit has the worst mattress I have ever slept on- it was so bad that my husband and I ended up sleeping separately on the twin beds in the second bedroom. It was sad to spend vacation sleeping separate, and not getting great sleep at that. Replacing this mattress would have made our stay MUCH more pleasant.
- The bathrooms were not very clean- while bathing my son the first night, I noticed that the front of the toilet bowl was covered in dried urine splatter. I checked the second toilet, and it was the same. I ended up cleaning these myself, since we were staying for another 4 nights. The edge of the tub was also dirty, with hair all over.
- Unfortunately, during our stay the hot tubs were closed for maintenance. This was a big reason we picked this unit, so this was really disappointing.
- The carpet along the general walkway leading up the unit was being replaced during our stay- in my opinion, this unit should not have been rented with this. On the first day, we stepped off the elevator into wet carpet adhesive, coating the wheels of our stroller and my husband's shoes- both the stroller and shoes were ruined. When this happened, we also ended up tracking the adhesive across the carpet when trying to access our unit with two small children in tow. Dan with Great Western Management came pounding on our door saying that we would need to pay to have the carpet replaced, and the confrontation with him was extremely upsetting to my husband and myself. This happened on Friday afternoon- I called the office, and the lady I spoke with said we would resolve it the next day. However, no manager was in the office on the weekend. So, this was not resolved until Monday, which largely ruined our weekend. While we were not charged for the carpet, the only resolution was 10% off a future stay. With this negative experience, I will not be staying with Great Western again.
Very comfortable and convenient. A nice condo a block from Main Street. Check in/out was easy with friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend and book again.
Our family of four had a great stay. The main bed was a little soft, but we prefer a firm mattress. Enjoyed the location, the hot tubs, and the space.
Roomy and clean but in need of a new bed in both rooms.
Sheets didn't fit the bed which was way to high off the ground!
Surprised how noisy the street noise was especially if you opened a window or sit on the balcony. It was nice to have the elevator and walking distance to downtown.
Great location and condo. Only downside was the clearing of ice off of the sidewalk at 4am. They are very loud. Not sure if was city or grounds maintenance.
Thank you Scott for your review! We are sorry to hear about the clearing of the sidewalks. Unfortunately, with significant snowfall that we have had this winter, snow clearing can happen at early hours to ensure that snow and ice are removed before people get up to enjoy their day. Thank you for noting however, as we will definitely take this into consideration.
Great Western Lodging
Beautiful condo and great ski accessibility
This condo is exactly as the description promises. Very nice property and so easy to walk to gondola and then ski right back to condo.