|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Start every morning with a gorgeous view of the Caribbean Sea and the island of Vieques on the horizon, known locally as La Isla Nena (the Baby Island). Our property, The View, leaves no doubt that you are in the Caribbean.
The View provides ample space for 4-6 to enjoy all this for a true resort vacation, to do as little or as much as you want to.
Fully furnished and stocked, with cable TV, full kitchen and laundry, all towels, sheets, beach chairs and toys - just bring your golf clubs, tennis racquet and bathing suit.
Also has wifi throughout
BEST FEATURE: Sitting on the huge terrace in the morning or at sundown, just soaking in that view of the Caribbean with several shades of blue water, and La Isla Nena on the horizon..
NEXT BEST: All the activities at your fingertips
I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this condo/apartment. There is no "after hours" contact person if you encounter a problem or if you are coming in late which it was my case.
As for the unit, here is a list of things that were NOT up to the conditions stipulated in the ad and certainly NOT what I paid for. In addition, these conditions are far below the conditions you would find in a cheap / gettho motel, simply unacceptable:
1. The unit was not clean, it was dusty, it had funny smells, with hairs (not belonging to me or my wife) in the master bathroom floor and behind the toilet seat.
2. The toilet didn't flush, it wasn't clogged, it simply didn't flush.
3. The toilet was completely loose, as you sit down the whole toilet moves.
4. The bathroom door was broken and coming apart at the bottom of it.
5. The shower had active mold present.
6. The shower looks nasty and in desperate need of TLC.
7. There is no cold water in the master shower... I had to stepped away from the shower current to avoid been burn by the hot/steamy water. There was no way to get it to cold water, the day before I left a plumber finally fixed it. In the meantime, me and my wife were forced to take showers in the second bathroom.
8. There was no A/C, yes, you read correctly, NO A/C... I stayed there for 5 days and 4 of those days I had no A/C... imagine that in Puerto Rico. We couldn't sleep, it was stressful and frustrating, we weren't able to get a nice rest with the tossing and turning throughout the night. They had to replaced the entire a/c unit but it was done at 3pm on the day before I checked out.
9. The unit is not all that quiet... there was a group of people gathered right underneath at the bar (Bar is located at the 1st level and the unit is in the 3rd floor) when I came in and we could here them talking and laughing.
10. I was assigned parking spot #19 HOWEVER there was someone else parked in that spot.
11. The furniture looks old, dirty and not inviting at all.
12. Although there was a TV in the master bedroom, the TV it's not hooked up to cable, it only had a Blue-ray device connected, so, if you don't a blue-ray movie handy you can't use that TV.
I would say that the only good thing about this unit is the amazing views, that's it. I also have to say that John, the property manager really tried to address all these issues was his efforts and good intentions did not translate in timely positive results until it was too late. NOT GOOD!
My wife and I where thrilled with the condo, everything you need is there. Annette and John were very accommodating, any questions you have anything you need they were there for us. We will definitely be back.
Ideal location on the Palmanova plaza means shops and restaurants are literally "downstairs", and there is a very private pool on the roof right above. Indoor parking spot for your rental car in locked garage. A decent pool table on the balcony could use short pool cues as space is a bit tight; but for an evening of casual fun it is fine. Two bedrooms (queen in one, twins in the other), two bathrooms, washer/dryer, kitchen with standard equipment. Patio door is a bit hard to open and doesn't lock, but since the only entrance is a locked gate, that doesn't matter. Cable TV wasn't working, but we don't watch TV. House has good WiFi - password is printed on the router. This was the second time we visited, and we had a great time both times. Property manager was very friendly and welcoming. We came to "do nothing" - I can't tell you if there is exciting nightlife. There is a golf course on the property. Great scuba and snorkeling trips about 45 minutes away (Fajardo). Beach is a short walk away: when we were there, there were red flags (no swimming: rip tides) every day, except at the North end. But if you go in the water with a boogie board, the life guards leave you alone. Water was really warm. I would recommend this to someone who just wants to get away from it all for a week.
Awesome views and well stocked! Pack light this condo has everything for cooking and trips to the beach. We loved spending our mornings and late evenings outside with such an amazing private outdoor space. Our 18th month old loved her freedom to roam the terrace as well. It was very safe.
The community was nice. A bit of a hike to get to the beach area.
A note about the entrance gate: We took a lot of day trips and getting in the gate at night was a pain--it could be quite backed up. Especially if you are in a hurry to change a poopy diaper!
Our group (5 adults and 1 toddler) enjoyed our stay at "The View". The beds were comfortable and the view could not be beat. The killer air conditioning was also very appreciated.
The only issues we had with the condo were in the bathrooms. We couldn't get the bathtubs to plug, so bathing the toddler was more difficult than we would have liked. The master bathroom door was also warped, so the door could not be closed. If someone was showering in the second bathroom, it sounded like water was pounding on the roof, about to pour in to the second bedroom.
One thing to note - this condo does not have access to the private Palmas Beach Club (which is a lot of fun, especially if you have children). There is, however, a pool just a few steps away from the door of the condo, which is lovely.
|Cleaning||$95 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
More than 60 days before arrival: full refund.
Less than 60 days, more than 30 days before arrival: all monies refunded except deposit.
Less than 30 days before arrival: we make effort to re-book the dates. If unable to re-book we refund deposit and cleaning fees. If able to re-book you forfeit deposit and difference in rental rates, we refund the balance.
Payments accepted online: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
Deposit holds the reservation.
Pay 50% 60 days prior to arrival.
Pay balance 30 days prior to arrival.
See some empty dates in the next 30 days?
Do they fit your schedule?
Give us a call and make us a reasonable offer, you might be pleasantly surprised!