About the property
- House2200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Convertible bed(s), Sleeps 12
Welcome to “Lilikoi” HILO VACATION RENTAL HOME:
(visit private website at www.hilovacationhomes.com)
Stay on the water close to Hilo without staying downtown. Stay in a well landscaped home that is maintained to avoid mosquitos. Enjoy almost an acre across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off bus tours. Enjoy the best snorkeling of east Big Island at your doorstep. Take out the kayak and learn to stand up paddle board. Two kayaks, stand up paddle board, surf board, boogie boards, 3 bikes and snorkel equipment provided free.
NEED MORE SPACE?: Call us and ask about the upscale 3br/2ba beachfront house next door (www.vrbo.com/3948514ha). We also have another 3br3ba oceanfront house 5 doors down the street (www.vrbo.com/27643). Lastly, we have the newest house just 6 doors down the street (www.vrbo.com/4035464. Four bedroom, 3 baths that sleeps up to 15. I have 3 other homes just South of Hilo in Paradise Park that are on the water and very affordable. For current rates and availability on all our beachfront houses.
Vacation Rental Highlights:
• Large, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths. Sleeps 12
• 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo, on south Hilo bay, 5 miles from Hilo Airport
• East Hawaii’s best snorkeling across the street at Richardson’s Beach Park.
• Free Kayak, paddle board, bikes, boogie boards, snorkel equipment, booties.
• Full ocean views, outside seating, fruit trees, parking.
• Why settle for a house away from the water? This house is right across the street from Richardson’s Beach Park. Home of the best snorkeling in East Big Island. One of the 7 stops of the Hop-on Hop-off tours. Hilo offers few places to enjoy the ocean. These special places are always beach parks.
• One of the nicest Hilo vacation rental homes in the area built to very high standards.
• House includes free use of Kayak, bikes, stand up paddle board, boogie boards, snorkel gear.
• House is completely stocked. Everything you need for cooking, plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryers. Ironing board/Iron, playpen, highchair and Cable Wifi.
• Living Room – Large couch and love seat with direct ocean views. Flat screen T.V. with Amazon Fire and Netflix for a huge selection of viewing options. Books and games for family fun. Cable Wifi.
• Kitchen – Everything you need. Coffee maker, blender, toaster, rice cooker, pots/pans. Lots of cooking tools. Large oven/range. View of Richardson’s Beach Park from kitchen window.
• Master Bedroom – Same level as main house with great ocean views. Private bathroom. Ceiling fan.
• Bedrooms #2: On the same level as master bedroom, living room and kitchen. Equiped with queen bed, night stand, ceiling fan, quality mattresses and linins. The bathroom is across the hall. All homes have play pens.
• Bedroom #3: The whole bottom level is bedroom 3 with its own bathroom. This room has a queen bed, two twin beds and a sofa sleeper. It has an additional couch. Access is from front of house. There is no internal staircase to upper floor, but steps to front door are right next to bedroom entrance.
• Master Bathroom: Dedicated to master bedroom. Large double headed shower with great garden views. Bright and modern. Bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, hair dryer, shampoo and soap provided.
• Main Bathroom: Large bathroom with bathtub/shower combination. Shampoo, soaps and paper goods, towels, hair dryer provided
• Lower Bathroom: For lower level bedroom #3. Shower with shampoo, soaps and paper goods, towels, hair dryer provided.
There is more to do in and around Hilo than any town on any of the Islands. It just isn’t well advertised because there aren’t resorts to promote the area. Please visit http://hilovacationhomes.com/hilo-activities/ for the best organized site - showing activities by driving direction.
• Waterfalls - Boiling Pots, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls, Waipi’o Valley
• Gardens – Hawaiian Botanical Gardens, Lili’uokalani Park and Gardens, Nani Mau Gardens, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
• Museums – Lyman’s historical and geological museum and The Tsunami museum. Both in downtown Hilo.
• Beach Parks – Richardson’s Beach Park, Onekahakaha Beach Park (the calmest), Carlsmith Beach Park, Reed’s Bay, Lehia Park. Punalu’u Beach Park and Whittington Park.
• Volcanic sights: Volcano National Park, Thurston lava tube, Kaumana Caves State Park, Pahoa transfer station, Live lava bike/hike tours in Kalipana Viewing area.
• Markets and shops: Hilo Farmer’s Market, Maku’u Farmer’s Market, Hilo Coffee Mill, Ka’u Coffee Mill, Volcano Winery and Mehana Brewery, Hilo Candy Company, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut and Punalu’u Bake Shop
• Other – Hilo Zoo, Palace Theatre
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
About Richard Standke
Why rent from me: Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's beach park and 3 ocean front homes in paradise park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit.
Richard Standke purchased this House in 2011
Why Richard Standke chose Hilo
I stayed as a guest at this house in 2011 and it happened to be for sale. We loved the house and location. It was updated on almost an acre in Hilo's best location. We purchased it and that was the start of our rental business in Hilo. We later bought and rebuilt the house next door and two homes 6 doors up the street. We continued to improve this house, clearing out the jungle and planting fruit trees. We also added all the beach toys as this is still the house we stay at when we visit. We come about 4 times a year. Half the time is spent maintaining the homes, but we always do something new. We review all the places we go and include them in Activities on our website (hilovacationhomes.com)
What makes this House unique
Unique benefits: If you plan on staying more than a couple days, you will have to enjoy the location. If you love the water and especially snorkeling, you will not find a better location. The best snorkeling is in just a few feet of water right in front of the black sand beach. It is like swimming in a tropical fish store. Green sea turtles come to rest for the night in the evening at the rocks just beyond the black sand beach. The water is largely sheltered by the rocks creating a partial lagoon. Yet this house is just down the street from downtown Hilo. Great for quick trips out to eat, shopping and many tourist locations. Review the "location" tab for a list of over 20 great places to see.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great house in a great location!
We were four adults and four teens, and this house worked very well for us. The downstairs room was perfect for the teenagers to get away by themselves, but the great room upstairs (kitchen/dining room/living room) was perfect for all of us to gather for dinner, TV, or card games. We walked across the street (Richardson Beach) nearly every day to snorkel. Lots of tropical fish and sea turtles. We followed the owner's suggestions about activities -- they were accurate and objective. We zip lined, visited the Volcano park for some excellent hikes, as well as the lava flow via rented bikes, traveled to the summit of Mauna Kea, and visited the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. Lots to do on the Hilo side of the island! And this is an excellent place to come back to every night.
Best location in Hilo. Plenty of Room for our large party
We had never used a vacation rental or stayed at the Big Island before and we had a party of 10. This was the perfect house for us with so many beds downstairs (day bed and trundle as well as the other 3). We wish we had stayed a week here. Everyone in the party wants to come back. The house had everything we needed and things we didn't even think about. Kitchen and dining area were perfect for us. Walking across the street with drinks and seeing the turtles can't be beat. Sights like Hawaiian Botanical Gardens and the scenic 4 mile drive to get there - after visiting Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots. Wow. Thanks Richard for making this so easy.
My husband and our 4 young adult children stayed at the Hilo house in January. The location and the view was the best part of our stay. The house was clean and had everything we needed. We lucked out and had beautiful sunny weather. Loved watching the waves. Every day we went snorkeling across the street. We brought our water shoes so did not need the ones provided at the house. Hope to visit again.
Great house and impossible to beat location. Nice, large kitchen and living room with views out to the ocean. Good beach right across street for swimming and lounging. The road ends not far past house so it is pretty quiet as well. Town is then just a short drive for anything you need. Can't see how you could go wrong staying here. I would and probably will stay here again!
It was a little less than expected
We spent a week at the house with family, including 1 teen and 3 kids under 10yrs. The location was very enjoyable and especially allowed the kids to 'hit the beach' readily. However, be aware that 'the beach' is volcanic rock with pools and alcoves built for swimming and cooling off. No sand beach here. Swim shoes required. I assume they were built to allow relaxing because the waves are generally too much for kids or anything but expert and experienced swimmers.
Most disappointing was the bottom large bedroom. We put one of our parent couples and all of the kids there. It was musty and no ventilation from the ocean breezes that were generally present 'upstairs'. We had all fans going in that room to try to help. Realizing it is a tropical paradise with humidity and all, it still wasn't pleasant.
Also the presence of 'house protectors' in the form of geckos on the walls was not expected and a little disconcerting. The 'good luck' they are supposed to represent I imagine evolved because they are everywhere and can't be gotten rid of. Three in the bathroom at the same time didn't seem to bring me all that much good luck. As for keeping the house free from bugs, they needed a little bigger appetite.
The kitchen was nicely equipped, bathrooms ok, washer dryer good. The large dining/living room on the upstairs levels was great for evenings/mornings. The island was laid-back Hawaii and just what we expected. A great treat. The kids enjoyed picking some fruit from the trees in the yard. Overall, a good time was had by all but we were on the go for most of the days and early evenings.
Sorry the house wasn't a 5 star stay for you. The bottom floor has lots of windows and a sliding glass door. You must have been unlucky to have hot weather and no breeze. This is the house I stay at when I visit and I see a gecko here and there. I have never seen three at once. Unless there is a storm the beach park is quite calm. Of course if you swim "out" toward the surf, you contend with waves (which is great to boogie board). Staying close to shore or to the area directly in front is always calm. You do need booties, which I provide. White sandy beaches are on the Kona side, this is the best beach park on the Hilo side.
Fantastic fun...and frogs!!
Incredible!! That tree in the front yard (probably infamous) was amazing as was the view from the large windows. We knew it was across the street from the ocean but that hidden little 'private' beach was awesome...and perfect for the baby and our elderly mother (path is uneven so she needed help) The house itself was large enough to accommodate the 11 of us(all female!) and the kitchen/bbq was perfect for cooking at 'home' with fresh produce and fish from the markets down the street. There were lots of towels & beach paraphernalia, beds were comfortable(pillows not so much) and the road up the back way for morning walks was a mini vacation in itself! Beautiful! We all enjoyed the spacious living area with the huge opened windows to let the breeze through in the day and the totally awesome sound of the ocean waves and frogs at night! Some of the quaint restaurants in the area were hidden gems! We enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere of Hilo and yet it had the comforts of a city--Starbucks, Walmart--when we needed it. And even though we made a few day trips to enjoy the island, we loved just hanging around our own little neighbourhood!! The locals are great. Our trip and stay was a definite I'll-be-back kinda one. Have I said incredible yet??
Only 45 minutes to Volcano National park.House is just 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo on the South side of Hilo Bay. It is at the end of a small beach road across the street from Richardsons Beach Park, the best known beach park on this side of the Island. Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
For up to 4 people, 2 to 6 days, $400/day.The weekly rate of $2,200 amounts to $315/day. For 5/6 people the rate for 2 to 6 days is $450/day. A week is $2,600, which is $371/day. For 7/8 people the rate for 2 to 6 days is $500/day. A week is $3,000, which is $429/day. For 9/10 people the rate for 2 to 6 days is $550/day. A week is $3,400, which is $486/day. For 11/12 - $600/day. Week is $3,800.