|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The Traveler's House, located at 412 W. Patrick Street, is a 1050 square-foot, 2-story masonry “shotgun row house” built in 1890, with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and original heart pine floors.
Completely renovated in 2011, this warm, cozy house has been furnished to provide a relaxing and attractive oasis to guests, with all the comforts of home.
The Traveler’s House is tastefully decorated with an eclectic assortment of international artifacts, photographs, paintings, music and books.
The Traveler’s House has beds for 4.
For more information, look at the detailed listing for The Traveler’s House at FrederickVacationRentals website.
Keywords: historic home, bed and breakfast, B&B, private home, row house, townhouse, vacation rental, escape, upscale lodgings, downtown Frederick, reunions, weddings, corporate rentals
I am an enthusiastic traveler and have been booking my extended family’s vacations online for many years. Before each trip, I spend countless hours researching unique and comfortable hideaways for us to inhabit – in part because I am an online travel junkie, but mostly because I believe that the quality of the accommodations is a huge contributor to the success of any vacation. It's so much easier exploring new worlds when one's family has a comfortable place to sleep, bathe, decompress, and plan the next day's adventures.
And even more than I love exploring other parts of the planet, I love introducing
and sharing Frederick (my part of the planet since 1974) with others. I knew
from day one that Frederick County had a very special charm. To me, it has
only gotten more charming (and considerably more diverse) in the past 37 years.
Presently, Frederick has no downtown hotel and just two popular downtown
B&B’s. I was surprised to discover that there is a dearth of short-term furnished properties or vacation homes available to rent in the downtown area – a huge
omission, from my perspective, because Frederick City and Frederick County are wonderful places for extended visits.
At a crossroads in my life, I decided that something needed to be done about this.
Thus the birth of Frederick Vacation Rentals (d.b.a. FrederickVacationRentalsdotcom)
Owner/Property Manager purchased this house in 2010
Stay here and...
- Walk downtown for coffee and bagels in the morning.
- Sit in a Market Street sidewalk cafe (Cacique, Isabella's) and people watch.
- In cold weather, sit INSIDE at a window seat table (Tasting Room, Olives, Firestones) and people watch.
- Enjoy the downtown festivities and late night shopping on Frederick's First Saturdays (every month of the year!)
- Explore dozens of wonderful restaurants and hundreds of interesting shops.
- See a performance in Frederick's Theatre District (yes, we DO have one!)
- Visit the Frederick Visitor's Center on East Street, see the 13 minute movie and find out how many fantastic things there are to do in Frederick City and County!
- Visit the National Museum of Civil War Medicine on Patrick Street.
- Take a leisurely walk or bike ride in Frederick's city-long linear park, Baker Park.
- Take the Frederick Wine Tour. Visit one of our 3 microbreweries. Tour & Taste at the Flying Dog Brewery.
- Take a Ghost Tour on a dark and stormy night (available every weekend from spring-fall).
- Follow the Visitor's Center Treasure map through Frederick's historic downtown.
- Look up the many special events going on in town on the City's Office of Special Events Website: the Festival of the Arts, Fourth of July, the In the Street Festival, Holidays events all December.
- Attend the Great Frederick Fair in September and Frederick's two Oktoberfests in - you guessed it - October!
- Tour the Delaplaine Art Museum and Frederick's many ecclectic art galleries.
- Hear some live music at the Frederick Coffee House, Cafe Nola, Brewer's Alley, The Blueside Tavern,, Firestones, The Cellar Door, Cafe 611, - to name just a few of many venues.
- Check out the Children's Museum at Rose Hill Manor, the Taney House, the Frederick Historical Society, the Hessian Barracks.
- Read the Frederick Magazine and the Frederick Newspost - you won't BELIEVE how neat this area is - and you'll want to come back AGAIN & AGAIN!
We enjoyed our short stay. The Travleler's House offered perfect accommodations for our Scrapbooking Retreat. Cozy and good location. We agree with the IL PORTO recommendation - great food! We'll use the Traveler's House or Artist's House for our future Frederick stays. Wonderful hostess, too!
Our stay at Traveler's House was wonderful! The accommodations were just what our family of four needed for our weeklong stay in Frederick. We'd definitely stay again. Thank you, Nancy!
WE LOVED OUR STAY!! We got married on a Friday and the house was perfect for our international and long distance guests and us before they arrived. She left us complimentary champagne!! How thoughtful!! The house is exactly as the pictures depict and the description says. In fact, it's a bit larger than shown. That enabled us to do some last minute planning and assembly of welcome bags and bridesmaids bags. So convenient. The location allowed us to go grocery shopping, get last minute toiletries, and get to the venue easily. We were blessed with a perfect wedding and our stay at Traveler's House helped make that happen. Thank you, Nancy for the detailed instructions and quick response to questions. We would definitely stay again and recommend Traveler's to others!! THANK YOU!!
We really enjoyed our stay, the house has many amenities, and the radiator heat was very nice (consistent) much better than forced air heating. Many advantages compared to a motel, would love to return again in the near future.
Recently celebrated Hood reunion weekend at the Travelers house. Upon our arrival was a bottle of champagne to toast our health and friendship with a kind note from Nancy the owner. We loved sitting on the back porch and enjoyed the comfortable beds and clean home.
In town visiting friends who live outside of Frederick, we found this comfortable shotgun rowhouse townhome to be perfect for us to call home for a few days; easy access to everywhere. Best part was to be able to entertain to reciprocate to our friends in something other than a hotel room.
Our recent stay at the Traveler's House provided exactly what we wanted, some R&R away from the city. Nancy has thought of everything and all you really need to pack are your tooth brush and clothes! My only critique is that the house is almost a mile (one way) into town and if you have a little one and/or plan on shopping and caring a lot of bags you really need to drive and park; which we did with no problem. We enjoyed our little get-away to Frederick and wouldn't hesitate to book with Nancy again.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter Wonderland Specials
Jan 3 2017 - Mar 31 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
NOTE: VRBO's Rate System does not always price correctly. The reason booking is a bit more complicated is that I do not charge extra for cleaning, so the first 2 nights are "front loaded" to cover my cleaning time. Many people are reticent to pay for cleaning for a 2-night rental, and because I require a security deposit, I find that my guests invariably leave the place very tidy, per the terms of the Rental Agreement - so it ends up costing them less.
So... if you are requesting a 3-6 night rental, chances are the actual rates will be ending up lower than the quote.
See Rate Range (holiday rates will be slightly higher):
$350: 2 midweek nts (Mon-Thus)
$400: 2 weekend nts (Fri, Sat, Sun)
After a 2 night stay, each additional weekday night is $100; each additional weekend night is $150
3 nts: $450 - $550
4 nts: $550 - $650
5 nts: $650 - $750
6-7 nts: $800
1 wk: $800
2 wks: $1500
1 month $2500
Everything after this point is negotiable!
NOTE: Because I get some longer (1 month plus) rental requests (corporate/relocations), my advance booking policy is as follows:
1. Rentals less than 7 nights can only be booked a maximum of 60 days out.
2. Rentals less than 1 month can only be booked a maximum of 120 days out.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.