|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Welcome to the French Broad River Lodge! An elegant escape nestled on the French Broad River, just North of Asheville, North Carolina, this property features magnificent accommodations within easy reach of all the city’s diverse attractions. With easy freeway access and close proximity to local shopping and restaurants, the property gets high marks for convenience. But it is its picturesque setting that makes it irresistible.
Recently renovated and updated with modern amenities, the house features six bedrooms, sleeping up to 18 in bedrooms. Four of the bedrooms feature en suite baths, and all five and a half bathrooms were redesigned and updated with luxurious spa features.
Dramatic walls of windows span the house’s three levels, and with views of the river from every room, this is a house for all seasons. Enjoy the surrounding lush green foliage of spring and summer, the vibrant hues of autumn, and the canyon views of winter. Relax on one of the house’s three deck spaces or explore the hundreds of feet of private river bank to enjoy the views and sounds of the river. Indulge in a soak in the hot tub, cozy up inside beside the fireplace, or build a campfire on the river bank and make s’mores. Better yet, do it all!
Here’s a quick tour of the house:
• Bedroom 1 - Queen Sleep Number bed with en-suite bath, twin daybed with trundle
• Bedroom 2 - Queen memory foam bed with en-suite bath, twin daybed with trundle
• Balcony with desk above 2nd level living area
• Living area with fireplace and two stories of floor to ceiling windows
• Kitchen with easy access to dining room and huge outdoor living space
• Dining Room with over-sized, 9-foot dining table
• Outdoor living area with gas grill, dining tables, and hot tub.
• Bedroom 3 - King memory foam bed, en-suite bath with custom shower, free-standing tub, and dual sinks, connects to side balcony.
• Family room with 55' flat screen TV and DVD player
• Game rooms with ping pong table and foosball table
• Bedroom 4 - Queen sleep number bed
• Bedroom 5 - King memory foam bed, en-suite bath with custom shower and dual sinks, pass through entrance to bath from family/game room
• Bedroom 6 – Two double memory foam beds
• Shared bathroom with huge custom shower
• Laundry room
• Outdoor patio with separate entrance and views/access to the river
Other amenities: Well-equipped kitchen, gas indoor fireplace, gas grill, flat screen TVs with cable/DVRs, bluetooth stereo/CD player, DVD/Blue-Ray Players, High-speed wireless internet, landline phone with free local and long distance within US, board games, portable crib/bassinet, paved/covered parking, paved road access, cell coverage from the property for major carriers.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
• This property is riverfront on a whitewater river. All access and use of the river is at your own risk. You must be prepared to closely watch your children (and husbands/boyfriends)!
• Like all major rivers, the French Broad river canyon also serves as a transportation artery. This includes the road that this home is located on and a rail line across the river. There are no crossings, so the trains do not blow their whistles or ring bells... you'll occasionally hear the romantic rumble of the trains over the sound of the river. This is a minor trade-off to being on the riverfront, but we believe you'll agree it's a worthy one.
We are two families that are long-time friends and co-workers. Between us we have kids ranging in age from toddlers to teenagers, and we love to travel to the Asheville area. We have rented a number of the available properties, but wanted to find the ideal spot... so we decided to create it ourselves. If we weren't busy working (as environmental engineers, a Realtor/former NASA flight operations engineer, and a microcontroller product engineer, turned author) we'd be fighting over which family would get to move in full-time!
Jason Graves purchased this house in 2014
In short, the RIVER!!!! After sharing another property as a vacation rental last year, and seeing that we weren't the only ones seeking out the perfect property, we thought we should try to find another ideal vacation home and vacation rental. When we found this home, we immediately saw the potential. After undergoing an extensive renovation completed in 2015, it had the attributes we were looking for: multiple master bedrooms, great views, completely modernized amenities, and ideal convenience to all that the Asheville area has to offer.
Key benefits of River House are:
- Riverfront property this close to downtown!
- multiple master bedrooms with en-suite baths
- 6 bedrooms and 5 and a half baths
- over 2000 square feet of decks/outdoor living space
- walls of windows to view the river
- easy all-paved access to a major freeway
- high speed internet and cell coverage (rare for mountain properties)
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website:
The location is superb, the house is in fantastic condition and has a lot of nice features. We took advantage of every feature of the house with the exception of the foosball table and the outdoor dining table (too cool outside in January). We used the hot tub a few times, had a fire outside in the pit, someone used the big nice indoor bathtub once, every shower used daily, filled the outside refrigerator. The kitchen is a good size, meaning it is just right for preparing but not large enough to be used as a gathering place. I expected we'd be eating at local restaurants a lot but the house was such a nice place that we'd just have cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch and a group dinner.
I think our final two nights had 17 staying at the house.
We had near instant access with the owner(s) through texting and a phone call.
Our family of 8 adults and 6 kids stayed here, and everyone was happy with the amenities. There was a winter storm and house was nicely heated, we enjoyed the hot tub, fire pit, and fireplace. The kitchen was nicely equipped with all cooking supplies. We made quite a few dinners there and had everything needed. Owner was very helpful....We don't have one complaint!
We loved our time at the French Broad River Lodge. It was beautifully designed, comfortable, and had tremendous views of the river. Jason was very responsive and professional. This was our favorite VRBO to date! We plan to go back next summer!
The house was fantastic. Our group of 14 women had plenty of room. The kitchen was spacious, and the dining table fit all of us. The weather on our weekend was beautiful, and we spent most of our time on the deck overlooking the gorgeous river. We could hear the water at night as we slept with the windows open. The fire pit was great since the nights were chilly. The bathrooms were large and well done, and everyone commented that the beds were the most comfortable we had ever slept in. The house was clean and well maintained. Jason was great to deal with and answered my questions promptly. We have already booked next years trip!
This was the best rental we ever had. The house was amazing, plenty of room for people as well as so much kitchen appliances that we didn't need to bring anything, anything you could think of was included! We will definitely be visiting this place again in the future!
We had a fantastic time at the French Broad River Lodge. Rental homes this size and quality are very few and far between in Asheville. There was plenty of room for our group of 20, including several little kids, and the three-level layout made it feel like we could spread out without being in everyone else's space. I was worried that the kitchen would be a little small because that's usually where people like to gather during parties but we all preferred to use the adjacent outdoor patio space instead. Maybe the gorgeous, hypnotic river view had something to do with that?
Everyone thought their beds were comfortable and several guests commented on the sleek, spacious, modern bathrooms. It was great to have big TV's all over the place, particularly for the kids and sports fans in our group. We liked cracking the windows open to enjoy the breeze and unusually warm fall weather. The kids liked being able to get right up next to the river to feed ducks or to watch the trains rumble by on the opposite bank. Access to Asheville is easy - honestly we were content enough at the house that we didn't leave very often.
The only improvement I'd suggest is to install safety mirrors at the top of the driveways, because the turn onto the road can be tight and visibility can be limited.
We would absolutely put this at the top of our list for the next time we need a spacious vacation rental in the Asheville area. Thanks for sharing it with us!
About 3 miles from major highway, with easy access to downtown Asheville, restaurants bars, attractions, and surrounding towns.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$195 + Tax|
Rates are subject to change until a reservation is confirmed. We do not require a deposit or property damage protection, but renter will be responsible for damages in accordance with the rental agreement. We may approve rentals less than the minimum stay, but a $150 fee will apply for each night below the minimum, unless the rental fills a booking gap.