Welcome to the French Broad River Lodge! An elegant escape nestled on the French Broad River, just North of Asheville, North Carolina, this property features magnificent accommodations within easy reach of all the city’s diverse attractions. With easy freeway access and close proximity to local shopping and restaurants, the property gets high marks for convenience. But it is its picturesque setting that makes it irresistible.
Recently renovated and updated with modern amenities, the house features six bedrooms, sleeping up to 18 in bedrooms. Four of the bedrooms feature en suite baths, and all five and a half bathrooms were redesigned and updated with luxurious spa features.
Dramatic walls of windows span the house’s three levels, and with views of the river from every room, this is a house for all seasons. Enjoy the surrounding lush green foliage of spring and summer, the vibrant hues of autumn, and the canyon views of winter. Relax on one of the house’s three deck spaces or explore the hundreds of feet of private river bank to enjoy the views and sounds of the river. Cozy up inside beside the fireplace, or build a campfire on the river bank and make s’mores. Better yet, do it all!
Here’s a quick tour of the house:
• Bedroom 1 - Queen Sleep Number bed with en-suite bath, twin daybed with trundle
• Bedroom 2 - Queen memory foam bed with en-suite bath, twin daybed with trundle
• Balcony with desk above 2nd level living area
• Living area with fireplace and two stories of floor to ceiling windows
• Kitchen with easy access to dining room and huge outdoor living space
• Dining Room with over-sized, 9-foot dining table
• Outdoor living area with gas grill and dining tables.
• Bedroom 3 - King memory foam bed, en-suite bath with custom shower, free-standing tub, and dual sinks, connects to side balcony.
• Family room with 55' flat screen TV and DVD player
• Game rooms with ping pong table and foosball table
• Bedroom 4 - Queen sleep number bed
• Bedroom 5 - King memory foam bed, en-suite bath with custom shower and dual sinks, pass through entrance to bath from family/game room
• Bedroom 6 – Two double memory foam beds
• Shared bathroom with huge custom shower
• Laundry room
• Outdoor patio with separate entrance and views/access to the river
Other amenities: Well-equipped kitchen, gas indoor fireplace, gas grill, flat screen TVs with cable/DVRs, bluetooth stereo/CD player, DVD/Blue-Ray Players, High-speed wireless internet, landline phone with free local and long distance within US, board games, portable crib/bassinet, paved/covered parking, paved road access, cell coverage from the property for major carriers.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
• This property is riverfront on a whitewater river. All access and use of the river is at your own risk. You must be prepared to closely watch your children (and husbands/boyfriends)!
• Like all major rivers, the French Broad river canyon also serves as a transportation artery. This includes the road that this home is located on and a rail line across the river. There are no crossings, so the trains do not blow their whistles or ring bells... you'll occasionally hear the romantic rumble of the trains over the sound of the river. This is a minor trade-off to being on the riverfront, but we believe you'll agree it's a worthy one.