|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Nestled in the heart of Languedoc Roussillon, between the Mediterranean coast and the Cévennes mountains, this big Maison de Maître built on 4 levels will undoubtedly charm you with its authenticity allied to a modern renovation.
The house is equipped with all the necessary comfort: TV (200 channels), internet, dish-washer and a fully furnished kitchen.
Its three spacious bedrooms will welcome 6 people and eventually up to 8.
You'll be seduced by the beautiful 19th century stone and iron staircase, the straw/lime walls and authentic floors, and the bathroom made of African mahogany and tadelakts. You'll probably also enjoy the view on the nature surrounding the town on one side, and the heart of the old medieval city on the other side of the House (windows on four sides). The river is 60 meters away, in the street.
The town of Gabian is idealy placed half way to the coast (40 km) and the foot hills of the Cévennes mountains (15 km) which allows you to discover both. The medieval city of Pezenas and the highway are 15 minutes driving from Gabian.
At the end of the street, in the center of the town, you will find all the necessary accommodations such as bakery, grocery shop, 2 bars, doctor, drugstore, the supermarkets are in Roujan (1,5km) or Pezenas. Also twice a week, there are different ambulant artisans: butcher, horse butcher, sea fruits (mussels, oysters, shells etc...)
Concerning what to do, you'll have plenty of choices:
- visit and taste the local wines of the area (the famous Faugères town is at 6 km distance) and the countryside is full of wine producers.
- ballads/hiking: the hiking tracks start at the other side of the street and the region is offering a large variety of landscapes to discover.
- swimming/bathing: the lake “des Olivettes” is 10 minutes drive, the Herault river 20 minutes and the “gorges de Colombière” are 30 minutes, the “lac du Salagou” is also 30 minutes away and is really worth a visit.
- Culture: many events , shows, brocantes (second hand trade/antiquities), village balls take place all along the year, but specially from spring to fall. The area has a very rich history and has a lot of ruins or museums, castles (cathares) to visit.
When you'll arrive, you'll find a selection of the best places to visit or best activities to do.
And since I'm a wine aficionado, I also made a selection of very good wine producers to visit.
Maison de Maître built during the 19th century on four levels with an original stone and iron staircase.
First level : garage, cellar and access corridor
second level: kitchen, living room, dining room
third level: toilets, bathroom (bathtub+ shower), one bedroom (2 beds that you can join together for a couple)
fourth level: 2 bedrooms , one has a big mezzanine (9m²) with a fantastic view on the old town.
The airports of Béziers and Montpellier are the closest. Barcelona and Girona are farther (3h) but the lines may be different than the two previous ones.
Excellent séjour à Gabian, petit village au milieu des vignes.
Maison entièrement rénovée, spacieuse et décorée avec goût.
A recommander !
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$326.84|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.