|Space||900 sq. ft.|
Private, clean, spacious, air conditioned, fully furnished one bedroom garden apt in a beautifully restored workers cottage. Located on a quiet tree lined street in the heart of Bucktown - one of the countries hottest neighborhoods. Easy walk to shopping, exciting nightlife, restaurants/bars, and public transit. Apartment is fully equipped for every need: king sized bed, sectional sofa, kitchenette, workspace, 50' flat screen HDTV, Netflix and premium cable, wifi, Bluetooth compatable surround sound. Complementary snacks, candy, soda, bottled water, coffee, and tea included. Free easy parking! Concierge services also available.
Thank you guests for our 5 star ratings in 2015 and 2016!!
I'd best describe myself as a responsible professional who enjoys new adventures, hosting friends and family, sports/fitness, and meeting new people. I'm very easy going - rarely getting stressed out or too worked up about anything - lifes too short. I also love Chicago. I take great pride in our city - always happy to share the hot spots, local festivals, tourist locations, vintage shops, restaurants, transportation directions, etc.
Paul Manning purchased this apartment in 2012
1) I'm originally from Boston, MA. The great people of Chicago are what originally attracted me to the city and they're what keeps me here. No other city of 6 million people will make someone feel so welcome. It offers all the convience and trend of a major international destination but yet often feels more like living in a small midwest farm town. It's a special place.
2) Forbes Magazine recently rated Bucktown/Wicker Park as the 4th hipest hipster neighborhood in the country. Chicago's hottest restaurants, nightlife, and shopping is on our doorstep.
3) The house I purchased was built in 1892. It's an historic workers cottage originally home to some of Chicago's hardest working immigrants. As neighborhoods transition these historic homes are disappearing. The opportunity to preserve this piece of Chicago history was something I was most attracted to.
- Easy Parking
- 50' Flat Screen with free premium channels (Netflix)
- Bluetooth compatable speaker system
- Sectional sofa comfortable for sleeping or watching movies, sporting events, etc
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and small cook space
- Desk and free wifi provide for comfortable business travel accommodations.
- Custom guidebook 'Best of Bucktown Inn' for guest reference.
- Apartment fully stocked with complementary snacks, coffee, tea, beer, soda, and bottled water
- Located steps from Chicago's best entertainment, dining destinations, and botique shopping.
Our stay in Bucktown was excellent. Paul was a great host and the cozy apartment was wonderful to return to after a day of sightseeing. The location is perfect. Many neat venues to walk to. Train and busses are only blocks away.
Hope to return soon.
We were very pleased with our recent stay at this location. It was conveniently located, very comfortable, and the owner was very accessible to address any needs we might have. We would definitely choose this location in the future.
Great place to stay, especially if you are looking for a neighborhood experience. Location is very convenient to local shops and restaurants and public transportation. Our host, Paul, is great and very helpful in providing info and tips for around the city. Thanks for a wonderful stay!
I highly recommend this apartment, a great walkable area and the owner Paul has a book with great suggestions on things to do while in Bucktown. I can't say enough but my wife and I have a great long weekend trip and can't wait to come back.
We were in Chicago for a few nights to help our son move in to his Wicker Park apt. Paul's home was a perfect spot for us to stay and relax. The apt. Is nicely appointed, and we appreciated the snacks! We love the neighborhood-great shops and restaurants within walking distance. Will certainly stay here again!
One of our best VRBO's yet. You can't beat the location or the hospitality of the owner. This house is just blocks from the shops and restaurants of Wicker Park and a quick uber or bus ride to anywhere else in the city. Paul was the most gracious host and ensured our stay was without flaw. The apartment truly has everything you need for an extended stay in one of the countries greatest cities. We felt like we were a part of the fabric of the city here and the price was unbeatable. I highly recommend this property, you wont be disappointed.
Wicker Park/Bucktown was recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the fourth “Hippest Hipster Neighborhoods” in the country. It is a safe, vibrant area full of record shops, boutiques, great vintage shopping, art galleries, music venues, neighborhood bars, and book stores. You can find the best restaurants in the city here. It also has many attractive outdoor spaces, including Wicker Park, Holstein Park (with swimming pool), and the brand new Bloomingdale Trail.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.