Built in the 1860's and opened as a guesthouse in 1993, this popular accommodation represents the true Texas Hill Country experience. Only 7 minutes from downtown Fredericksburg. Enjoy lounging on the front porch and watching the moon and stars in the clear night air. Deer and wild turkey abound on this oak-covered 160 acres. Swing in the front yard under a century old beautiful live oak tree. Rustic antique furniture and memorabilia decorate the entire living area. History, romance, and relaxation are all awaiting you at Morning Star Guesthouse.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 nights
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 22, 2018
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
would need to be painted before it could be condemned......furnished with early garage sale.....animals were cute.
Could be a wonderful property if they just kept up on the maintenance and cleaned it !
This is a wonderful house in the country . So much potential , but I was so very disappointed . Right off when we arrived we had issues . The upstairs room is only acessable from the outside stairs . Not a problem at all. However , they did not leave us a key to be able to access the room. I called the number , said we couldn’t get into the bedroom . This was their response . “ How many people are staying there ? I said , 2. They said , and you need both rooms ? I said , yes ! “ Really ????? I booked a place with 2 bedrooms because I needed 2 rooms . They said , it will take at least 30 minutes for them to bring a key. Not a good start . Then we start to notice how very dirty this house was. The floors were filthy , there was dirt on the couch , the frig was dirty , there was old moldy coffee grounds in the coffee maker, the microwave was stick and dirty. They advertise a whirlpool tub . Hmmmm, couldn’t even get enough hot water to barely cover the jets , let alone fill the tub. The jets don’t work, the faucet is broken . So very dissspointed . I sent an email to the property manager Friday night . I got no response until Monday . Again, dissspointed . Will never stay or refer friends to this property .
Great place with a great view
We stayed there for 2 nights and had a great stay. The cabin was clean and cozy. We watched deer, turkey, and jackrabbits play in the pasture every morning and evening. Before renting one review concerned us a bit regarding being so close to the road. I will address this. It is close to the road, but this is a dead end road with only 3 houses past the cabin so traffic was minimal at most. Being close to the road allowed for lots of hiking with the chance to see the wildlife up close. We have stayed in Fredericksburg the last 4 years for our anniversary and this cabin has been our favorite.
Really cool get away
We enjoyed staying in the cabin. We had no troubles at all. I took some great star pictures.
Great charming little cabin!
Great little historical place and mostly as described. Cabin is right off the side of the neighborhood road, while I imagined it as tucked away in the middle of the 160 acres mentioned, but otherwise it’s still away from it all and a perfectly convenient, charming base for exploration of Fredericksburg and the hill country. And we really appreciated the history of the place. Reservation, check in, check out and communication was good and as expected from a VRBO host. We loved it!
Do not stay at this place! Extremely dirty, disgusting and very badly maintained.
Do not stay at this place! This was my worst experience with a rental ever. (Dec 2017)
I’ll just list a couple of reasons:
1. First of all, if you have a bad dust allergy, do not stay here! It doesn't look like the place has been dusted in years. Along the floor boards, the furniture and even the couch and bed, everything was extremely dusty and dirty. We felt extremely disrespected with the lack of cleanliness.
2. If you have mold allergy, do not stay here! My daughter and I couldn't breath all weekend! The smell is almost unbearable - in my daughter words, it smells like dead people.
3. There were several dead insects and mouse excrement everywhere inside the house. We also had big live spiders. Disgusting.
4. Cow manure everywhere outside the house.
5. The pillow cases were not clean and had hair on them.
6. The entire property is very badly maintained.
7. The rugs have stains on them, and are dirty and old.
8. The fridge was dirty inside.
9. The upstairs bedroom is terrible. The door is very hard to open and close. If you have to go the bathroom in the middle of the night you have to walk outside, go downstairs and walk into the main house.
10. I called the manager to complaint about the lack of cleanliness and dirty pillow cases and I encountered the worst customer service ever. She never acknowledged my concerns, empathized or apologized for anything. On the contrary, she took things personally and was rude, insensitive and did not make any effort to resolve the issues.
Needless to say we were very disappointed and dissatisfied with the entire experience. Do not stay at this place.
* I took several pictures of the problems listed here and will be glad to share them.
Additional information about rental rates
If smoking is detected in the Guesthouse there will be a $200 cleaning fee charged to your credit card. Any damage to the Guesthouse will be charged to you at the actual rate to repair or replace. Any additional cleaning outside of the normal cleaning will be charged at $50 per hour with a minimum of one hour.