About the property
- Condo650 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Condo, 1 Bedroom w/California King + sofabed, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
(Hawai'i Tax ID #167-211-4176-01)
Whether it's the coming heat of an Up-North Summer or the chill of a Down Under Winter, the welcome warmth and balmy breezes of Maui are the perfect perfect antidote! And we have the perfect place to hang out!
After approximately five minutes on our first visit to Kihei, we realized that calling it "paradise" was not an over-sell! Kama'ole Beach is one of the finest beaches anywhere: a place where people of all shapes and sizes, ages and backgrounds, can just Be Themselves.
It's called "Aloha", and this area has it in abundance.
(NOTE: if you're in the military, police, a firefighter or paramedic, ask about our Public Service Discount.)
Our place in Kihei is a comfortable, fully-appointed pied-à-terre you can call "home" while you explore the wonderful, diverse island of Maui. Furnished in a tropical theme, including works by local Maui artists, you'll find a king-size bed in the bedroom, queen-size sofa-bed in the living room, deluxe kitchen and 1 bathroom, with BBQ, two pools and tennis courts on the grounds.
It gets better: one of the world's most magnificent beaches is literally at the foot of your driveway! Kamaole welcomes you with its soft, soft sand and water that's warm even first thing for that early morning swim! Who knows? You may find yourself in the company of sea turtles or fish you only see in doctors' offices. But mostly, it's a great place to 'hang loose, brah!'
You're walking distance from neat little eateries and shops, as you settle into Maui's 30-mph-on-the-main-street lifestyle. Cooking 'at home' or on the barbecue? Safeway, Times Supermarket and Foodland are just a short drive away with everything you need for a family dinner or entertaining new-found friends.
We have views of the ocean, mountains and garden, free wi-fi and NO ROAD NOISE. Air conditioning? We have it, but who needs? The west-facing lanai catches those ocean breezes to keep you naturally cool.
Want to go up-scale? You're five minutes from Wailea. Want a slice of history from the time of Kamehameha III? Lahaina is half an hour away. Take off up-country to Kula, climb past the clouds to majestic Haleakala, take a snorkel trip to Molokini, or hit wild west Makawao, where paniolos and artists live side by side; then be home in time to hear the conch blowers bid 'aloha' to the sun for another day. Whatever your Hawai'ian adventure, our place can be your place to come home to.
* Newly renovated
* Tastefully furnished with island living in mind
* King size bed in bedroom
* Queen size hide-a-bed sofa in living room
* Free wi-fi
* Free local and long distance calling to the US and Canada
* Everything for the beach - towels, chairs, boogie boards
* Washer and dryer in the unit
* Easy access to all parts of the island
* Two pools and tennis court
And you don't need to take our word for it: check out the references from our guests -- many of whom keep coming back -- who consistently give our condo high ratings! We're looking forward to sharing our place with you.
Keywords: apartment, flat, condominium, New Year's
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 22, 2018
Amelia and Drew live in East Sooke BC (just outside Victoria), with 2 cats and a border terrier named Millie. We have 5 grown children who live across Canada and in Australia. We can't wait to share special moments in Maui with them and create fabulous memories in our little piece of paradise.
Amelia purchased this Condo in 2011
Why Amelia chose Kihei
We love travelling and have seen lots of wonderful places all over the world; but when the opportunity came to visit Maui, we jumped at the chance. Wow - what a beautiful place this is. We have truly been blessed with the ability to buy this property, and we are delighted to share our family home with you.
What makes this Condo unique
View - CHECK. Beach access - CHECK. Pool - CHECK. Walkability: that became one of our top criteria for any place we would buy, this place has that. We walk to the beach in the morning to swim, then walk the length of the beach and come back via the road. You can walk to some neat restaurants, like Cafe O'Lei and Moose McGillicuddy's, as well as shops and 3 supermarkets. We love the farmers' markets and the weekend swap meet in Kahului is worth the drive (the Philip Soo batiks were purchased there). We also love the fact that total strangers say 'hi' on the street and that you can feel like a regular in a restaurant or bar just by coming back.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wonderful location and beach
This is the third time we've stayed at Amelia's and Drew's Kihei Akahi condo. They are so nice to work with and very helpful. Once I had to change our reservation by one day on each end and there was absolutely no problem or fuss. The condo has a keyless entry and seems very safe and secure. Wake up to lots of singing birds then have coffee on the lanai overlooking the pool beautiful landscaping.
Maui was paradise!!
Our condo was a great place to have a quick meal, warm shower and a comfy sleep. Very good location and easy walk to shops and restaurants. Conveniently located near child friendly beaches! Beautiful pools, very well maintained grounds and friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay very much!!!
Lovely Condo in a beautiful complex
Drew and Amelia's condo is in a wonderful complex in Kihei! Quiet, immaculately landscaped and close to everything- the beach, shops, and restaurants.
The condo itself is very well stocked and beautifully decorated! The owners are great to deal with and are so organized! Very much appreciated!
We'd didn't want to leave and look forward to another visit in the near future!
We had a perfect stay here in Kihei, won‘t forget it!
The condo is lovely and has everything you need for a perfect holiday. The beach, many restaurants and shops are nearby in walking distance. Kihei is a nice Place, not too touristic and a good start for trips to other spots. We loved it.
We're so glad you enjoyed it! You've said exactly why we chose a place in Kihei to begin with!
Fantastic amenities, location & Customer Service. Couldn't have asked for better hosts. We will be back! Thanks.
Thanks so much, Stuart! We set out to create the sort of place we'd like to call home, ourselves, and we're glad you thought so, too. We'll be delighted to have you back!
Great condo, great location.
This is a beautiful condo unit within a beautiful condo association. Some of the greatest things about this place are:
- Very close to the beach; Kihei Akahi is right across the street from one of the most beautiful beaches in Kikehi with a crosswalk at the entrance to the condo unit. The unit itself is at the back of the condo association, but it is a very quiet area and a very pleasant ~3min walk to the beach amongst beautiful flowering trees and bushes, luscious grass, pools, exotic birds, etc.
- The condo itself was very well-furnished, having everything our party of two needed and more. There was also ample beach supplies (umbrellas, folding chairs, boogie boards, etc. I would say more than enough supplies for a family of 4 or 5. The condo is also located such that there are partial views of the pool, the landscaped grounds, and of the ocean as well.
- The location of the condo within the city of Kihei itself was very good. Kihei is a very long, spread-out town but this particular condo is in the heart of the city, across from the nicest (in my opinion) beach, and within walking distance of food and services. The city of Kihei is also nicely located relative to the rest of the island - only a short drive to Wailea (a city offering stunning beaches, resorts and shopping), ~25 min to the airport, and ~30-45 minutes to the northern beautiful cities of Lahaina, etc.
- The condo owners were GREAT to deal with. Quick to correspond, quick to complete transactions, detailed in their correspondences, and helpful in every way.
- The condo does have A/C although we found it did not reach the main bedroom; there were ample floor and ceiling fans to help generate a breeze in this room but we found it remained warm overnight - not so much so that we couldn't sleep, but if you are the type of person who runs-hot this may pose a difficulty for you.
Overall, this was essentially a perfect stay and a perfect trip. 10/10 would recommend staying here.
Wow ... we really didn't dictate that to you! (Just so that's clear ...) Thank you for the review -- and that's a good point about the A/C, for people to keep in mind.