|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Enjoy this comfortable 3 bedrooms apartment fully equipped for your vacation or work needs. Strategically located next to downtown and minutes away from Rio de Janeiro most famous beaches (Copacabana & Ipanema), the apartment is divided into a LARGE LIVING ROOM, a HUGE KITCHEN, a COMFORTABLE MASTER BEDROOM with a SUITE, 2 SIZABLE BEDROOMS and a FULL BATHROOM. In the living room you will be able to sit comfortably on a 3-person couch or two single couches and entertain yourself watching a 42” LCD flat panel HDTV with a cable connection and DVD. A 8” ft table is also provided so that you can dine with family and friends. The roomy kitchen provides you with a nice space where to enjoy your morning coffee or any other meals. In it, you will find everything you need to cook a delicious meal. A brand new stove and refrigerator and a microwave are at your disposal so that you can use all your cooking skills. In addition the kitchen has a 6 person dining table. The master bedroom, with an adjacent veranda and suite, is the perfect place for enjoying all the privacy the apartment affords. There you can work on a table sitting next to the door, watch news or preferred show on TV and sleep a on comfortable double bed, sided with a reading light. And if you are planning to bring family or friends, the next two rooms will provide ample space to accommodate them. One room has a double bed sided by tables & lamps and the other, while featuring similar furniture, comes with a reading table, chair and internet connection.
All rooms have ceiling fans and each bedrooms is furnished with a 4 door closet
New 42” Flat Panel Full HDTV with a DVD
Cable TV connection
Comfortable 3-person couch
Veranda and Suite
Comfortable Double Bed w/ new mattress
TWO OTHER BEDROOMS
Comfortable Double and Single Beds w/ new mattress
Reading sided bed lamps and tables
Fully equipped w/ cooking utensils, dishes and silverware
Stove and Refrigerator are New
Laundry Washing Machine
Keywords: Large 1325 Sq Ft Apt
Rio de Janeiro is a fantastic place for those who love nature and outdoors activities. Surrounded by mountains and limited by the sea, the city has an astonishing view. From almost everywhere the beautiful statute of Christ (Corcovado) can be seen and the beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon are as gorgeous as someone might have imagined. If leasure and peacifull of mind are the feelings to be associated with a place when it comes for someone to choose where to live, the city of Rio de Janeiro is the place.
I am a native who grow up in Rio and I adore the city. Besides enjoying the city for its beauty and beaches, I love the city for all other things it offers. With its outside restaurants, theaters, music shows, and other cultural activities, the city is full of life.
The apartment is strategically located next to downtown and the cool neighborhoods of Flamengo,
Lapa, and Santa Teresa. In addition, it takes less than 20 or 30 minutes to get to the most famous beaches of the city: Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon. In terms of services nearby, you will be able to find everything you need to make your life easier. Right outiside the building are two traditional restaurants, Taberna and Amarelinho da Glória. So whenever you are home and don't feel like cooking, just step outside to Taberna or Amarelinho da Glória and have a cold beer accompanied by ourderver's and a delicious meal. Across the street, you will find bakeries, grocery stores, pharmacies, and bars and luncheonettes. It is nice to live in an apartment of easy access and where you do not need to go far away for grocery shopping or buying things in the morning.
I've never had to write a negative review before. But I feel the need to save other people from having the terrible experience we had. The owner seems like a reasonable guy, but unfortunately he lives in the U.S., so the place is managed by his nephew. The nephew is friendly, but just isn't competent to manage an apartment. During our 5 week stay here all the problems we dealt with and the often lackluster responses:
1. apartment was dirty on arrival: dried food on counters and gritty floor....we hired and paid for a cleaner to clean it.
2. dishwasher burst into flames...it was not replaced nor was the burnt plastic smelling old one removed although we requested removal multiple times.
3. wobbly bed collapsed underneath of us on the third day....the bed was never repaired. the nephew left us a bent screwdriver (but did not help us) so we could disassemble and move another bed into the master bedroom.
4. the kitchen sink fell out...it took 3 days for them to send a plumber to reinstall the sink. turns out the sink was just glued to the bottom of the counter. There was no suppports or frame holding it up. The repair man just glued the sink back into place, again with no supports, so be aware this might fall out again.
5. leaky washing machine left a large puddle after each use...I showed the nephew this leak when he brought a plumber over to address a different issue. I was hoping the plumber would address the washing machine leak as well, but after seeing the problem the nephew just said "but the washing machine still works, right?" the washing machine was never fixed
6. the pipes in a super gross servant's toilet in the apartment started leaking into an apartment below.....it took over a week for the nephew to send a plumber to repair it and only after the building manager threatened to hire a plumber and bill the nephew for the repair. We weren't given warning and so were subject to noise, dust, and noxious fumes during this and also the sink repair.
7. A 1x1 foot yellow stain on the wall when we arrived grew to a 4 x 1.5 brown & black moldy stain during our stay...we told the nephew about it, but nothing was ever done.
8. There are holes in the walls with exposed wiring just 14 inches off the ground, so this isn't a safe place for kids.
9. the place needs painting, there are brown stains all along the walls.
10. the furniture is old, stained, and rusty.
11.we were charged for utilities but never given a bill accounting for how much we used
The neighborhoods of Flamengo, Lapa, Santa Tereza and Centro (Downtown) are at walking distance from the apartment and in each one of them you will find a unique set of activities-entertainment. In Flamengo you will be able to enyoy the largest park of the city, Parque do Flamengo. Developed in the 60s, it offers you with facilities for working out (walking, running and bicycle tracks; soccer, basketball and tennis courts; and volleyball nets at the beach) as well as a large area where to enjoy the sun. In the old boroughs of Lapa and Santa Tereza, you will experience a great time going to bars and restaurants with live music or watching shows at Fundação Progresso, one of the many houses of entertainment located in the area. Finally, in Downtown, you will have the chance to get familiar with the history of the city and appreciate many of the colonial buildings that are still standing. The most important museums, cultural houses and old theaters of Rio are located Downtown.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.