|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
Beautifully upgraded and exquisite furnishings with comfort and style! Guests will not be disappointed with this wonderful 2 bedroom 2 bath third floor oceanfront unit! Complete remodel featuring tiled floors, granite in the fully stocked kitchen and baths, luxury finishes, newer quality tropical decor and furniture, wireless internet and much more. The large ocean front lanai with table, chairs and 2 chaise lounges, sits off the master bedroom and living/dining area so guests can experience the views and tropical breezes from just about any place in the unit. Guest room is situated on the opposite side of the unit for privacy and offers a queen size bed. Romantic sunsets, peaceful naps and a private place to watch surfers and sea turtles, what more could you ask for!
Tax # 037-195-1616-01
We saw turtles and even a Mantaray from our balcony.
The complex is very quiet and well maintained.
The unit has recently been remodeled and has beutiful amenities!
Overall, one of the best condos that we have stayed in on any of the Islands!!
It is only a 5 minute drive to downtown restaraunts.
The view is beautiful, right on the ocean, but the room is in need of updating and cleaning. The dishes were put away dirty, food on plates, forks, milk rings in glasses, gross! Urine on toilets, sand on floors. A note telling us to pick up/clean up on leaving was kinda of funny, there were no cleaning supplies, so after a trip to the market for comet and bleach we got the toilets and showers clean. We didn't expect to spend the first couple of hours of our vacation cleaning and washing dishes. The toaster has to be held down the whole time it's toasting, balcony light was broken the first 10 days we were there, I put a call into Sun Quest Vacations (the rental agent) twice and never did hear back from them, an electrician just showed up to fix it after 10 days. I could go on and on, but you get the gist. We have rented places in a dozen states and 2 countries and this is by far the worst unit ever!! For what they charge I expected a clean unit at the least. Again the view is beautiful, but the unit sucks.
The kitchen was well equipped with non-stick pans and ample utensils. The views were exceptional. You could not hear traffic noise. The pool and hot tub were well kept. The air conditioning was a God-send as the heat index was high. I would recommend and will more than likely come again myself.
I have given this condo a low rating but, to be fair, let’s keep things in perspective. We’re talking about a condo right on the ocean with spectacular views of the coastline, the Pacific and breathtaking sunsets. The problems I list are definitely first world problems. That said, however, this condo (unit #213) is well below the standard we have come to expect from our favorite condo complex in all Kailua, the Kona Bali Kai. We have rented vacation condos all over North America and this unit was the most poorly stocked with basic items such as cooking oils, condiments, soap, toilet paper, etc. We did not read past reviews prior to renting or we would not have ever chosen this unit.
Here is a list of issues with this unit that we think should be addressed:
• The unit has no wifi network of its own, one must use the lobby wifi network which reaches only part of the condo and is very slow. They really should not advertise this unit having internet at all. It’s misleading, at best.
• Poorly stocked with basics. Just bottles of salt and pepper. Just one roll of paper towels, one extra toilet paper roll in each bathroom, laundry detergent for one load of laundry only, no cooking oil, no vinegar, Motel 6 sized bars of hand soap etc. What do they do with all the basic items left by the prior renters (we left tons)? Remove them?
• 2 old beach towels in the closet so we bought new ones at the local ABC store as we were a family of 4
• No screen door at the entrance. There is no a/c so it’s important to get air circulation. At night, without a screen, you can’t leave the door open to create circulation. During the day, when you leave the door open, you let in flies. Most units in the Kona Bali Kai have screen doors that you can lock for security but still let in fresh air.
• The master bedroom lanai screen door was extremely hard to open. It has obviously been poorly maintained.
• The back bedroom is potentially warm in the best of circumstances. The windows in that room didn’t open properly, again, due to very poor maintenance.
• The blinds in the back bedroom don’t all work, either.
If I had to choose between staying home and staying in this unit, I would pick this unit every time. But I don’t have to make that choice. I love the Kona Bali Kai and there are many other units to choose from. We won’t be returning to this one.