|Minimum Stay||1 - 3 nights|
Casita #9 is approximately 1300 sq ft (125m2) and located within a conglomerate of 4 private villas within Playacar Phase 1, a private and exclusive residential gated community in Playa del Carmen. Perfect for groups or family reunions, our cosy house is located just under 2 minutes walk to the beach. It features 2 spacious bedrooms, respectively with a king size and two full size beds, a private bathroom, a small patio suitable for outdoor dining, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. Air conditioning and hot water are available on site for your convenience. Wireless Internet is available from the common areas (the signal is stronger by the patio)
You'll be surrounded by nature at its best, with plenty of lush green areas and Mayan ruins. Our pool is perfect for keeping kids cool during hot summer nights, though most of our guests prefer to head to the beach, located just under 3 minutes walk from the house. Paseo del Carmen Shopping Mall and 5th avenue await within a short 6 minutes walking distance. Our team of bilingual knowledgeable maintenance staff will meet and greet you upon arrival.
Included in the rental rate:
- Maid service every other day
- Fresh linen
- Fresh bath and pool towels
- Unlimited purified water supply (20L bottles) with free refill
- Cable TV with English and Spanish channels
- WIFI Internet Access within common areas
Available upon request:
- Daily maid service
- Private transportation from/to Cancun Airport with our private driver
- Grocery Pre-Stocking
- Homemade breakfast and/or dinner prepared by Angela
Wonderful experience! The property's location is perfect. In a gated residential community with 24-hour security, one block to the beach, and a 5-7 minute walk either along the beach or through the community to all the restaurants, shopping, ferry. Bicycles were also provided so it was very easy to get around. The house was perfect for an extended stay. We were there for 10 days. All kitchen appliances and utensils, lots of space to spread out, air conditioning in both bedrooms, housekeeper was there Monday-Saturday and even took our laundry to be cleaned for $3USD which made packing so much easier. Outdoor space was great with a balcony off the dining area, off the 2nd bedroom, off the master bedroom, and then the master had a second balcony with access to an upper deck for sunning with views of the ocean. House was clean and just had a couple minor maintenance issues that were addressed with the property manager upon departure. My son and I loved our stay and would definitely go back.
Spacious and comfortable house with a charming pool area;
Lovely neighborhood populated by a mix of well-tended/landscaped colonial-style and modern homes, broken up by rectangles of jungle filled w/birds, lizards and replica ruins;
One block from a gorgeous stretch of beach: uncrowded, but great people-watching;
Two minute walk from Playacar's downtown, featuring an excellent pizza place and great place for fish/Calamari tacos 3 doors down;
10 minutes from the ferry and southern edge of Playa Del Carmen.
We'll be back.
This is a great great place to rent. Let me start with the positives: the house is in a secured community where only resident have access, and so it is quiet, it is safe, and most importantly, the beach is clean and not overcrowded. Other places in Playa you either have overcrowded public beaches, or you have to pay "beach rights" or minimum consumption rights at a private beach club.
The house is very literally 1.5 blocks from the beach, and you can't beat the location.
Walking to "la quinta", which is the main commercial street where all the shops and restaurants are takes 10 minutes.
The house is small and comfortable, but perfectly nice and clean. Good water pressure on the running water, no problem with getting hot water.
Finally, the owner/manager are very responsive. The 2 occasions when we asked for something, we had it being addressed immediately.
Now, here is where the expectations come in. It's nothing that is wrong per se, but they are things you may be expecting, and so I think important to know about.
- the pool is nice, but in the shade during parts of the day and hence not the main attraction. I would really say this house makes more sense to rent to then go to the beach. If what you want is lay by the pool all day, this may not be for you.
- the kitchen is functional, but equipped very sparsely. It is obvious most people who rent here don't do much cooking, but just make some coffee or a quesadilla now and again. Given the vast choice of restaurants in Playa, that may indeed be your preference. But we do tend to do grocery shopping and cook a lot when we travel, and for that, this was sparse. Don't get me wrong... stove, oven, toaster, microwave, fridge, coffee machine are all there and work. But hardly enough pots and pans or even plates and cutlery to prepare food. We ended up buying additional plates and cutlery and only had one pan.
- the wifi worked but has a very week signal, and mostly only in the bedrooms
- we were told the toilets block easily and hence asked to throw the toilet paper into a trash can instead of flushing it down. That's not ideal, but doable. However, in that case, I would have expected the toilets to be equipped with covered trash cans, to block the view and smell of the toilet paper. They weren't. Same thing in the kitchen, where the open trash can attracted a nightly procession of ants. But to manager's credit, we asked them to change it, and they did.
The title for this vacation rental says minutes to the beach. OK, maybe 2 minutes if you're taking a leisurely stroll. Wake up early to catch the sunrise over the water or see the lights from Cozumel island at night. It's such a treat to be so close to the beach and not worry about parking or packing everything you need when you're so close to home! Also the beach is not crowded at all as this is a private gated community so no public parking, just walking.
The house was clean and spacious. As mentioned the beds were a bit firm just like at other places I have stayed in the area but sleep-able. I think there is room for more than 5 people as there is an extra futon in 2nd bedroom and a pullout in the living room. There was plenty of room for my 2 young daughters, wife and I.
I suppose you don't need a car as everything is close. Less than 10 minute walk to 5th Avenue and the ferry to Cozumel. The shopping/grocery centers have taxis ready to take you home. Xcaret is a must see (especially the show at night) and is close by (taxi or bus). Xel-Ha another must see but ~40 minutes away. A taxi driver from there said it would be 500 pesos to Playa del Carmen from Xel-Ha. We rented a car for the week so we could go all over, Chichen-Itza, Coba, Tulum and other places so the downside for us was we didn't get to stay too much at the house, leave early get back late. The kitchen did seem to have everything we would need if we had cooked. There's always next time.
The girls loved to dip in the pool which is literally right out the patio door in the living room. Nice after a long day climbing up the pyramid at Coba!
The people that received us, Carlos and Amir, were very pleasant.
This would be a great place for a family reunion as there are several units on the same property.
This unit is a stand alone single story house (I was wondering this when booking as there were several rentals from same owner and thought maybe there was a separate second floor as part of this unit)
When you reserve, ask for the number on the house! The google map we were sent pointed to the right villas but wrong house!
Our family stayed Nov 4-8, 2014 there. It's a great place, plenty of room, fresh, clean, cozy; beds were firm but comfy especially for your back. I loved living around nature, you could walk and find a variety of animals like sereques, coatis and iguanas. It is located twenty steps from the beach and you only find few people there that let you enjoy the sea. The house is close to everything, 5th Avenue is around if you know the shortcut. The maid really did a great job, when we returned to the house in the afternoon, you found everything organized and clean everyday. The house had a good internet service. A special mention to the owner and his maintenance team, they were very friendly and attentive. Probably the only con was a little problem with the A/C remote control at the end. Definitely I highly recommend the place.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 11 2016 - Jan 7 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$38|