About the property
- House1500 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 11)
LBJ Texas Star Lakehouse has the following wonderful amenities:
Beauty of having a view of the Colorado River but the security of floating/swimming in a private cove!
6 outside seating areas both in the sun & shade for your pleasure-Covered house porch, shady large mulch patio, 15 x 40 paver patio, upper 20 x 40 wooden deck, & 2 waterfront paver patios. Cove sprinklers! Outside Seating for 50!
3 queen size beds, 3 twin size beds(1 bunk bed, 1 trundle), queen size sleeper sofa, queen size air mattresses & 3 sleeping mats
High chair, pack & play bed for babies & toddlers.
Ceramic tile in all living areas & bathrooms,carpeted bedrooms.,6 ceiling fans, new 2' wood blinds in all windows
playhouse/fort w/ slide for kids of all ages.
Lighting for all outside areas to play both day & night!
Horseshoes,washer game,noodles available
90 ft stained & stamped rock pattern sidewalk & 3 patios from house down to water front area
Combo gas grill/charcoal barbeque pit
There are 3 beautiful theme-decorated bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living & TV room, kitchen ,dining area, 2 hallways, & utility room.
1. The master bedroom has a queen size rustic pine log poster bed decorated in an Americana/star theme. The other rustic furniture consists of a 5 drawer dresser with flag mirror above, 2-3 drawer night stands with lamps, desk with a wooden chair. Texas themed deacon's bench & walk in closet containing wire shelf for your luggage, hanging rod plus room for high chair, pack & play bed with additional mattress, sheets, mattress cover & blankets; extra queen & twin size blankets, pillows, quilts, chair cushions, air mattresses, extra quilts, picnic basket, IPOD/IPAD/MP3 radio/cd stereo player!
2.The master bathroom is decorated in the Texas star theme with a full size empty linen closet behind the door for your toiletries, and another towel cabinet above the toilet. There is additional storage for your toiletries on a wire 4-shelf unit next to the toilet & also underneath the sink. A hairdryer is stored underneath the sink for your use. There is a tub/shower combination can hold your towel or swimsuit with an additional hook behind the door!
3. The 2nd bedroom is decorated in a wildlife theme & also contains a queen size rustic pine log poster bed along with a twin size bunk bed with an additional pull out twin trundle bed underneath! There are also 3 sleeping mats underneath the queen size bed for your use.The other furniture consists of 2 nightstands w/ fish shaped lamps, rustic bench, 2 hanging racks next to the 4 shelf bookcase & another 3 shelf bookcase w/ a TV & small lamp on the top shelf.
4. The 3rd bedroom has a queen size bed w/ a red fence headboard & decorated in a birdhouse/garden theme. The other furniture consists of 2 brightly colored 5 drawer nightstands w/ green birdhouse lamps, a white wicker desk w/ red chair & large mirror, a moose- shaped hanging rack, small handpainted wooden chair, & red antique telephone bench for luggage storage w/ a birdhouse lamp on the arm.
5. The 2nd bathroom Is decorated in a fish theme. It consists of a tub/shower combination w/ a colorful fish shower curtain & a towel cabinet above the toilet. A wire 4-shelf unit next to the toilet is welcome space for holding your toiletries. There is also an extra bin on top of the toilet & underneath the sink for additional storage of your toiletries! A hairdryer is stored underneath the sink for your use. A wooden hanging rack w/pegs holds your towel or swimsuit along w/ 2 additional horsehoe shaped hanging pegs.
The living room has a queen size sleeper sofa, pine storage box coffee table containing games, 2 pine nightstands w/ fish kreel lamps, comfy blue leather chair, buttery soft yellow- beige loveseat & large chair w/ wicker chest coffee table. It also contains a round marble corner table w/ a Talavera lamp, large pine entertainment center w/ TV, DVD player,Wii game console, books, magazines, stereo system & more games!
The kitchen is fully appointed w/ every amenity you will ever need! It has a 4 ring stove, microwave, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, large kitchen sink w/ new faucet & disposal, small beverage refrigerator, 3 coffee pots, coffee grinder, toaster oven,4 slice toaster, electric griddle, ice cream freezer, hand held electric mixer, electric knife, electric wine opener, crock pot, pots,pans,cookie sheets,pyrex cooking utensils, knives, silverware, dishes, every kind of cup both in plastic and glass, blender, & even some condiments and spices! There is a large pantry to store all of your groceries. Dishwashing soap, dishwasher detergent, dish drying rack, cleaning supplies, sponges etc. are located underneath the kitchen sink for your use!
The dining room area has a large oak table w/ 6 upholstered chairs w/ 4 more wooden folding chairs stored in the utillity room for a larger group. There is also a large 4 shelf bookshelf for overflow of groceries or your favorite adult beverage. There is also a bar shelf unit set up with the Margaritaville blender, ice bucket, 2 shakers, wine tags, wine stoppers, drink stirrers, coasters, beverage napkins, bottle opener, wine rack, plastic wine glasses, koozies, & flip flop drink holders!
The hallway closet contains all sheets, pillow cases, beach towels, some TV blankets, extra toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, & kleenex.
The utility room contains a new full size washer and dryer, laundry soap, fabric softener sheets,water heater, brooms, mops, step ladder & 4 folding chairs, The 2 cabinets above contain extra lights bulbs,some tools, & batteries.
New 2 inch wooden blinds have been installed in every window for your privacy & keep some of the light out if you want to sleep later on one morning of your lake vacation!
We have recently constructed a 100 ft concrete bulkhead down on the hillside part of the cove. Now the shallow water & whole cove is cleaner! We have also installed sprinkler heads in the cove to help keep the water cleaner & it's a pretty water feature in itself! My grandkids love the shallow water's edge where they find sand to make sand castles, & many shells! Enjoy the security & privacy of our private cove for your swimming & floating enjoyment. No boat traffic to bother you! Noodles are available for your use.
Don't forget to bring either your IPHONE, IPAD, /IPOD, or MP3 player with your favorite music so you can use the IPHONE/IPAD/IPOD/MP3 stereo player for the best outdoor musical entertainment!
There are six outside seating areas for your pleasure:
1. There is a covered back porch w/ a loveseat, glider swing, 2 chairs & hand painted bench to enjoy your morning coffee. There is also a large rolling & portable ice chest w/ a ceiling fan/ light to catch all of the breezes.
2. We have installed a beautiful 90 ft stained and stamped(rock pattern) sidewalk & 3 patios in the mulch patio area! Walking down to the waterfront is such a pleasure now! In the shady areas of the pecan trees are a wooden swing, red glider swing, picnic table,bar height table w/ 6 chairs, low square table w/ 4 chairs, kid size picnic table, & 3 tractor seats attached to stand up logs! Yogi, the lake bear, welcomes you to this area! On 1 of the new concrete patios is the combo gas grill/barbeque pit with a wooden table for serving. Abundant outside lighting for this area make barbequeing at night, playing horseshoes or a washer game a wonderful possibility!
3. Walking down the new sidewalk, you will find the upper waterfront 15 x 40 foot paver patio w/ a perimeter of bar height tables.There are 2 bar height & 2 regular chairs available & also a tile-topped dining table w/ 4 chairs & cushions. It is a perfect area for partying by the water. Beautiful lighting makes this the place to be at night! Don't forget to plug in the margarita glass shaped twinkle lights for even more fun lighting!
4. Down on the left side of the lower waterfront paver patio is a round glass top table with 4 red mesh & metal chairs. There are an additional 8 chairs stored underneath the boat dock for larger crowds or for fishing from the waterfront bank!
5. The 20 x 40 wooden upper deck is another paradise! There is a large table w/ folding umbrella & 6 swivel chairs with cushions. In addition, there is a tile-topped table for serving purposes, & 6 additional chairs with 1 side table. On the sunny side of the deck, are 2 chaise lounges with cushions & a side table for your beverage of choice! There is also a fish-shaped chiminea for those chilly nights to keep you toasty or roast some marshmallows!
6. On the right hand side of the water front area is are 2 red mesh chairs & a fish shaped base with wire mesh top coffee table. This is a perfect place to fish! My grandkids bring their lime green children's chairs( 4 total) down from the playhouse area & have caught many a perch & catfish!
We have also improved our landscaping by adding many more rock lined beds w/shrubs & terraced the hill with railroad ties & shrubs! It is now a shady, inviting garden paradise! The fence also hides the trash cans & is the storage area for all of the many extra chairs for your use.You can even store your ice chests behind the first gated fence during your stay!
We have 8 tiki torches painted with the Texas flag, many citronella candles & 3 stinger black light bug lamps to help keep the bugs at bay! We want you to enjoy our outdoor paradise!
The playhouse/fort with a slide has been reconstructed and repainted. It is adorable & all children just love it especially my grandchildren! In the playhouse, is a yellow table with 3 blue chairs, kitchen play set including food & utensils, a light inside & even a FAN to keep you cool! Outside are 4 lime green children's wicker coated chairs. There is also a tire swing shaped like a horse for your use. Just attach to the rope with clip hanging off of the big oak tree & have fun! This swing unfortunately is for kids only!! There is even a light above the fort section to illuminate this play area.
There are 2 jet ski lifts available for your use along w/ parking for your boat alongside our dock in the private, secluded cove. A private boat launch is less than 5 minutes away from us.
WIFI is now available for your use at the lake. Also, 3 TV's with DVD capability so bring your movies!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
About Judy Cooney
I am married and blessed to have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. Our family has celebrated holidays, birthdays and other special occasions at the lake making wonderful memories! I invite you to come to the Lakehouse and create your own fabulous memories!
Judy Cooney purchased this House in 2007
Why Judy Cooney chose Kingsland
My mother owned this Lakehouse before me so when it came time for her to sell it, I just had to buy it and keep it in the family!
What makes this House unique
The Lakehouse is so cozy and inviting throughout the whole year but my favorite part is the wonderful outside with all of the 6 seating areas. It is a perfect place to come and just RELAX! I say it replenishes my soul!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Perfect Home Away From Home!
We had a great experience staying at the LBJ Texas Star Lakehouse! The house is cozy, clean, very well decorated, and has so many seating arrangements inside and out. We loved all of the lighting outside! We enjoyed fishing, BBQ'ing, and relaxing. Judy was great to deal with and has thought of everything you could possibly want or need to stay here. We would highly recommend this house and would definitely stay there again.
Thank you for such an awesome review! I'm so glad you had a great time. Please come again soon and enjoy a $100 discount!
Our stay over the Spring Break weekend was great! The house is a bit crowded/cramped, but we had everything we needed to make it a comfortable and fun trip. Plenty to keep the little kids happy and the big kids, too! The outdoor space was great with space for games, kite flying, making smores and swimming. Highly recommended this home.
The property was great.
The property was in great shape and had everything we needed. We really enjoyed the fire pit and cooking in the well-stocked kitchen. There was plenty of room in the bedrooms and living area for everyone who stayed. It is a nice and cozy house and property. I would recommend it to anyone whether they are wanting to stay on the lake or just wanting a nice place to stay. There was plenty of parking around the property also.
Thank you Jan for the great review!! Come visit again soon!
Quiet and Relaxing
We had planned a girls' weekend to reminisce and catch up on our lives. The exterior area of this lake house (LBJ Texas Star Lake House) is perfect for different groups gathering, if necessary. Our group spent most of our time on the large deck over the water. It was most relaxing! The kitchen has every utensil, piece of equipment, etc. you will need.
We went into town for dinner one night, but the other nights we stayed in since we had brought plenty of food.
IT WAS GREAT PLACE - THANKS, JUDY!!!
5 Stars Isn't Enough......
WOW……… The LBJ Texas Star Lakehouse was exactly what our family needed. With 3 generations at the house, there was something for everyone. It was great to hang out, relax, enjoy all of the beautiful trees and BBQ.Then in the evenings we sat outside and enjoyed the outdoor seating and lighting! Judy hasn’t left anything undone and was a pleasure to work with. The property has everything you need, including things for small children.
We highly recommend this house and look forward to planning another stay. Thank you Judy for opening your home.
The Scarborough Family
WOW! Thanks Pam for taking the time to write an awesome review! Please come visit again soon with your family!! Remember I give returning guests a $100 discount!!
This house is perfect! Everything you need is here! The entire family had a wonderful time! Can't wait till next time.
Our beautiful family oriented lakehouse is located on a cove and also has a view of the Colorado arm of Lake LBJ. Lake LBJ is one of the few constant level lakes in Texas which is very advantageous during this drought time. You can swim and float in the cove with no worries of a boat being dangerously close to you or your family. We also have 6 outside sitting areas to enjoy either the shade or sun. Our home is less than an hour from Austin, an hour and half from San Antonio and 15 minutes from Marble Falls. You are only an hour away from other hill country retreats such as Fredricksburg and Luckenbach. There are several award winning wineries in the area with wine tasting and tours available. Natural Bridge Cavern and Wonder Cave are just an hour away and are great entertainment for children. You can also hire a fishing guide and fish on Lake Buchanan(another of the Highland Lakes). The Tree House Bistro at Lost Creek Winery is a great restaurant with live entertainment Thurs-Sun Other Activities: Shopping, Boating, Wildlife Viewing, Rock Climbing, Health/Beauty Spa, Miniature golf Golf: Tom Kite Legends Golf Course and Packsaddle Golf Country Club
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
There is a guest fee of $15/night for over 6 people. This fee also includes children 1 yr old and over.