|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Welcome to the 6 bedroom waterfront vacation house affectionetly known as “Camp Kusumpy'. This spacious home offers an ideal setting for a family or group vacation. The house is just steps from the shoreline of Squam Lake, and offers views of the lake and mountains from most rooms in the house. Enjoy swimming and fishing from the 50' long dock with swimming raft. Relax on the shady and expansive lakefront deck and screened in porch. Explore with the 5 kayaks provided free of charge for your enjoyment. Play tennis, bumper pool, backgammon, cards, chess and more..
Four reasons why the house is popular among vacationers:
1) Waterfront location in a quiet cove with 300+ yards of private shoreline, a long dock with a 15' x 25' sunning platform at the end, a raft to swim to, boating and fishing.
2) Accommodates large groups with ease - with four bedrooms for couples, plus two large bunk rooms with four bunk beds each - perfect for kids! Plus there is a screen porch upstairs with a queen sized bed - BONUS!
3) Entertaining mix of modern amenities (WIFI, Dish TV , 6 burner/2 oven gas stove), old classics (collection of board games, bumper pool table), plus a private clay tennis court and the charm of a rustic lake house
4) Offers great space, privacy and value for big groups vs comparable hotel and rental options. Lots of indoor and outdoor space to spread out in
The house has something for everyone in your group. Whether you are enjoying coffee on the dock as the mist rises off the lake, having lunch on the picnic table on the lakefront deck, taking a swim, playing a round of tennis on the private har-tru clay court, taking an afternoon nap in the hidden hammock, playing one of many board games or bumper pool with the kids, sitting on the porch at sunset, or gathering around the fireplace after dinner, this is the place where you and your family will enjoy a memorable vacation together.
This lakefront house is an outstanding location for your vacation. It sits in a calm, protected cove on Squam Lake, with a long dock that will accommodate power boats, a small fleet of kayaks for your enjoyment, and a raft to swim to.
Its location on Squam Lake's southeastern shore provides easy access to a number of attractions and activities nearby. The Squam Range offers mountain hiking trails, and fast moving rivers and brooks. Shopping and restaurants can be found in Sandwich and Center Harbor, both just 4 miles away. There is a golf course in nearby Meredith, a Science Center in Holderness, and quaint country villages all within easy reach.
Squam Lake is ideal for swimming, snorkeling, waterskiing and fishing. A wealth of coves and islands can be explored by kayak. For hikers, the Squam Range, White mountains and Presidential Range offer trails ranging from 30 minutes to all-day excursions. The Koenig Wildlife Reserve down the road and Loon Center are perfect for bird enthusiasts, while the Squam Lakes Science Center's collection of raptors, otters, bobcats, bears, and even mountain lions is a great spot for the whole family.
Should it rain during your vacation, the house is well stocked with board games, books, a bumper pool table and other diversions. There is a movie theater 15 minutes away in Meredith, and Fun Park and Arcade Games at Wiers Beach in Laconia to keep everyone happy. If you don't feel like cooking, the nearby town of Center Harbor has an upscale restaurant, pizzerias, Chinese food and diners. Further afield you can find scores of activities and dining options in Meredith, Laconia, and Conway.
We provide a comprehensive activities guide to all renters.
Video tour: 1 minute video tour: http://tiny.cc/CampKusumpyVideo
Our great great great grandfather purchased land on Squam Lake in 1890 which consisted of a seasonal fishing camp and an abandoned farmstead. We built this vacation home on part of that land in 1974. Our family vacations here each year, and we welcome all feedback on how to continuously improve the property for our guests
Our lakefront vacation home on Squam Lake has the interior and exterior space and design to easily accommodate large groups and familes. We make the house available for rent in the following months
- June: late June on a case by case basis
- July: all four weeks
- August: first two weeks
- September: case by case basis
This vacation home sits right on the shoreline, with great swimming, boating and fishing. A wide deck runs along the front of the villa, and overlooks the lake which is only 5 feet away. It is a 6 bedroom lakefront home offering unmatched interior and exterior living space for large groups. The house offers many different areas for relaxing, dining, socializing and entertaining.
I'm happy to report that my family thoroughly enjoyed our stay (twice!) in your vacation home. You had redone the kitchen since the last time we were there and everything was in good condition. I think it is a special property because of its location and
the decks, etc.
This house is a true Squam house - perfect for families. We had three generations staying at the house and tons of extended family visiting for boating, swimming, and dining. The house is great for absorbing crowds. There are millions of toys provided so there's something for people of all ages. The sunset view is breathtaking...hence the name, On Golden Pond.
We certainly hope to return.
Great location. Beautiful west-orientation in a cove. Great layout for a family. My kids want to come back next year!
I agree with all of the positive reviews previously posted! Here are some of the features we particularly appreciated:
1. Squam lake is beautiful (warm, clear) and the dock area on a secluded cove made kids, adults, and grandparents happy. Room to play. Room to sit quietly without the roar of motorboats and jet skis. Room to swim as exercise without worrying about motor boats.
2. It's an open floor plan, but there are at least 8 quality "spots" indoors and out where you can be alone, but still together. And when you all want to be together, the dock, deck, and living room are perfect.
3. The house is stocked. Cardamon? Yes. Lighter fluid? Yes. Plastic rings to throw into the water that kids can retrieve? Yes. New Yorker cartoon game? Yes.
4. Tennis court!
5. Totally functional kitchen with everything you need to cook for big groups.
6. Very close to a great grocery store, and if you need a giant grocery store, that is 15 minutes away.
7. Sandwich Historical Society Museum 10 minutes away - awesome!
8. A range of hikes nearby (hikes everyone including young kids and grandparents can do or more ambitious hikes).
9. Everyone slept great, especially the lucky people sleeping in the porch bedroom - it's practically like sleeping on the lake and in the trees at the same time. (Use the tarp in the laundry room to cover bed in case of a rainstorm.)
10. Dog heaven.
11. Kid bunk rooms are fun!
From the moment we burst through the doors and saw the beautiful views and started to explore this large house we knew this was the perfect spot for our family of 6 children and 7 adults.
From games, water toys including kayaks, kitchen utensils and towels, etc. Camp Kusumpy at it all including a loon family.
We had plan to explore the area but with near perfect weather none of us wanted to leave the dock and lake. We had two avid fishermen in our group who had good fishing each morning and evening.
It was hard to leave this idyllic location but we hope to return next year.
My family and I had a wonderful vacation at this very spacious and super comfortable house on a quiet cove on Squam Lake. Each year the owners make some nice upgrades to the house, and this year was no exception. We love the fact the house is so roomy and cozy, and we always let out a big sigh when we walk into the house and see the floor to ceiling windows and the amazing view of the lake and mountains in the distance.
Tennis, swimming, fishing, kayaking, it's all here. Even in early June, we swam each day and reveled in the fresh pristine water. The dock is very spacious and allowed for 10 of us to spread out and relax very comfortably. Over this winter, they put in a great Floating Island Dock about 40 feet offshore, which made for a great place to hangout, take in the sun, and for the kids to play 'king of the hill'.
I went kayaking early each morning and caught plenty of small mouth bass to start my day - just awesome.
Great sunsets each night over the lake and mountains, made for some amazing dinners out on the dock & back deck.
I highly recommend Camp Kasumpy to anyone.
Stayed at Camp Kusumpy with a group of women friends and had the best time. Very secluded, yet convenient for shopping. We all loved the loons and paddling around the cove in the kayaks. The house is casual and very comfortable and the deck is a beautiful place to sit and have dinner. We met the owner when we arrived and she was very gracious and welcoming. I would recommend this place for a wonderful vacation.
Family-friendly 6 bedroom waterfront vacation house on Squam Lake, sleeps 14, with 4 kayaks for your use, a dock and floating sunning platform, and a private tennis court. The property is located in a calm cove, and has hundreds of feet of private shoreline. The view from house is across the lake to the Squam Mountain range. From the house and dock one can often enjoy dramatic sunsets. Several hiking trails are just minutes away, and a public golf course is just a 15 minute drive away. The town of Center Harbor on Lake Winnepesaukee is just 7 minutes away. Here you will find super markets, shops and restaurants. It is 20 minutes to Meredith, 25 minutes to Wiers Beach and Laconia. To the north its a 10 minute drive to Center Sandwich, and then the White Mountains lie beyond that. The house is two hours from Boston, about three hours from Providence, three and a half hours from Hartford, and five hours from southern Connecticut and the New York suburbs.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 25 2016 - Aug 6 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
50% deposit to confirm reservation. Remainder due 6 months before rental. For rentals inside 6 months of arrival date, 100% is due to confirm the reservation.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: