A bargain for such a great location this close to the beach - just a few hundred yards away! Close enough to hear the sound of whales flapping their tails on the water. Stunning open views (no exaggeration) of the spectacular peaks of the 7000' Sierra Laguna Mountains and the wide, open Pacific. You don't even have to go down to the beach to enjoy it - the porch and roof-top terraza (preferred by many guests) bring it to you. A private beach bungalow located in an undeveloped area just north of Todos, it provides the seclusion of nature just 10 minutes from all the activities downtown. Located on 2+ acres and adjacent to 90 undeveloped acres of cactus forest, it's behind a locked gate for security, privacy and NO road dust to choke on or traffic noise or roosters crowing at dawn to wake you. An exceptionally peaceful location, a natural setting with open landscape - and did i mention the expansive views? Summer, fall and spring special rates.
It is a spacious studio with wide windows facing incredible views in every direction, plus french doors that open to the ocean. It's our home, not a separate guest house, so has most items you need to live! Furnished with:
*WiFi (password on front of info book on wall)
*King bed (or 2 singles pushed together) - comfy
* Sofa/futon bed (double) - less comfy but our kids like it
* Kitchen table & chairs
* Full complement of cooking/eating utensils - cook to your hearts content if you want
*Margarita glasses and salt included! (You bring the tequila).
* Linens and towels, including beach towels
* Full water pressure with plenty of hot water in walk-in shower, that also waters the desert garden.
* Chairs and recliners available for lounging on the porch or terraza/roof top.
* Hammock for the beach side in the shade.
* Daily afternoon breeze through ocean-side French doors to cool you, or wall or ceiling fans.
* French doors and screen doors are heavy metal with secure locks, to leave open all night, if desired.
* Stairs to terraza provide a view of entire coast line of the Pacific and Sierra Laguna mountains, or just sit on the corner of the front porch and soak it all in. Great spots for sunset and star gazing after a day on the beach.
* Beach umbrella, beach mats, canvas chairs, cooler, mask & snorkels and boogie board available for beach trips are stored under patio.
*Gas BBQ - ask Luis to get it out when you arrive.
Sleep to the soothing sound of surf crashing and wake to doves cooing. You´ll love strolling along the white sandy beach, watching the whales breaching right off shore. If you prefer birding, from your porch watch osprey perched in the old-growth cactus, resident baby quail or road-runners skittering across the road and cardinals and Orioles feeding on the agave in the yard. The star gazing is a must. A very peaceful setting. Plus, it's green: solar for electricity and sink and shower water goes out to the garden - and we emphasize growing native, protected, water-conserving species at our place. The local 16% IVA Tax is included and we have a Mexican business license to operate. We're legal!
Surfing, swimming, fishing, shopping, snorkeling, beach combing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, great dining are all available in the area. Todos Santos is an eclectic mix of artists, musicians, surfers, organic farmers, fishermen and rave-reviewed chefs that you'll want to try! Classes in Spanish, yoga, meditation, Tai Chi, cooking, art, surfing and kayaking available. This interesting cultural blend provides a variety of interesting galleries, restaurants and eco-experiences to choose from. One of our favorites is helping release baby sea turtles back to the ocean in fall and winter, just up the beach from our casita. You can even volunteer to go out on ATV in middle of the night to recover turtle eggs from nests and help rebury them in the refuge green house. Contact us for an affordable vacation spot and info on the local attractions.