A Wonderland - Something for everyone! Enjoy all that Big Bear has to offer year round. Walk to the slopes in winter and to the golf course in summer. The backyard is either snow play paradise or a bunny filled orchard in the summer. This four bedroom, two bath cabin includes a large living room with wood burning fireplace and big screen cable TV. Fitted with all the conveniences of home, A Wonderland has a full kitchen with stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, blender, toaster, coffee maker, dishes, pots/pans, and more. Deck with hot tub. Enjoy a game of pool, air hockey, or Foosball in the private game room (located in the garage).
Master bedroom - king bed, fireplace, private balcony.
Bedroom two - king bed.
Bedroom three - queen bed.
Bedroom four - futon bed.
Maximum occupancy 8.
Wonderland comes with fresh towels, and beds are made up with fresh linens and plenty of cozy blankets. Our dedicated cleaning crew has the home clean and ready before your visit and does the cleaning after your stay.
No indoor smoking is permitted.
Bear Mountain Walking Distance
Snow Summit 2.6 Miles
Lake 2.7 Miles
Oktoberfest 3.7 Miles
Village 3.8 Miles
Our trip started just a day after the largest snow storm Big Bear has seen in 10 years and that caused a few issues for us. We got a call from Cool Cabins early on the day our trip started. The cabin we had booked had been flooded by the massive storm. Cool Cabins staff upgraded us at no additional cost to a larger cabin. We arrived later than we expected on Wednesday night due to issues getting chains on our tires on the way up the mountain but the staff at Cool Cabins was still there at 9:00pm and we were able to get checked in without any problems. The cabin was clean and well maintained. The driveway was shoveled so that we could get our car in and get to the door. We were right across the street from the golf course- for snow play in January, not so much for golf, and within viewing distance of the Bear Mountain Ski Runs.
We have 5 children ages infant to 10 years old. We were close enough to town to take a short drive, hang out in town, eat at local restaurants and even went to a movie at the cozy little three screen theater in town. All in all it was a great trip in a great cabin run by a great rental company. We will do it again and definitely recommend Cool Cabins and "A Wonderland".
While, overall, our party had an enjoyable stay in Big Bear at A Wonderland (booked via CoolCabins.com), there were a few disappointments (and incorrect/misleading descriptions) that impacted our overall satisfaction:
1. Not truly a 4 bedroom; doesn't sleep 8 ppl. 4th bedroom is more like a converted mudroom with a small futon that can only reasonably sleep one small to average-sized adult. It is actually the room that connects the top & bottom floors together. Therefore, the couple who slept in that room didn't have much privacy or space. Those of us on the top floor weren't able to get downstairs without walking through their "room". Thankfully, they arrived a day later, so they brought a blow-up mattress to sleep on.
2. There is only heat in two rooms, and only 1 of the 4 bedrooms. There is only heat in the main entry/hall area (not near the sitting & dining area) and in the top floor hallway & master bedroom. Again, some of the guests arrived later and brought add'l space heaters for bedrooms, along with extra blankets; and we used the fireplace to keep the main room warm.
3. There is NOT additional parking in the garage. The description indicated there was add'l parking in the garage, but that is where the "game room" was set up. The game room was a nice touch (with a pool table - with only one pool cue, air hockey and fooseball tables), but it was pretty cold out there, so we didn't spend much time in that area (they did provide a space heater, which helped some).
4. The top floor bathroom tub had a draining issue. We reported this upon check out, so I imagine it will be resolved prior to the next guests arrival.
5. There were only 7 chairs for the dining room table; two of which need serious repair (legs and/or seat separating). We pulled a chair from out in the game room to accommodate the 8 guests.
6. Not enough cook and dinnerware for 8 guests. We ended up buying plastic servingware and plates to cover 8 ppl, as there were only 5 forks and 7 plates. In addition, the stove only had one temperature (High) and the oven, while it worked, had no baking pans or sheets supplied, so we ended up just bringing our own (again, thanks to the late arrival couple) or buying disposable pans.
Overall, it was an ok place to stay and we had fun in Big Bear. With 1 or 2 night's rent, they could make small improvements (sheets, linens, matching/complete dinner/cookware, space heaters) that would make the cost seem more palatable.
I went with a couple friends for snowboarding and it was my girlfriends first time in the snow, we all had a blast! The pool table, the hot tub (nice plus), there's even a chalk board!!!!! I see myself coming here again for the winter!!!
We stayed here to celebrate our parents 50th anniversary. When we entered the staff had a card flowers and candles for them. Totally unexpected and very thoughtful. Our family came together it was nice and relaxing.