About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms , 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
We are now taking reservations for the 2018 season. When do you want to go on vacation? Please complete the 'Request to Book" fields on the right side of this page.
Restored non-smoking, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath pet-friendly home, 'in town' on the Island, near the old firehouse and the town dock. Walk to restaurants, shops, library, Robert Reed Memorial Park, boat ramp, grocery store, movie theater, and historic area on Main Street. Just a ten minute drive to Assateague Island and the ponies!
There is NO SMOKING inside or outside the house!
This house features a deck, picnic table and benches for 8, outside enclosed shower, fenced back yard, propane grill, window A/C in all rooms, washer/dryer, cable TV, DVD/VHS player, Roku box , free Wi-Fi Internet access, off-street parking for three vehicles, ceiling fans, many adult bikes, 2 sit-on-top kayaks and paddles, boogie/skim boards, beach chairs.
There is NO SMOKING inside or outside the house!
The house is NOT toddler-friendly. There are no child-proof covers on the electrical outlets or child-proof latches on kitchen drawers/cabinet doors.
PLEASE check Availability Calendar BEFORE submitting an inquiry!
All inquiries answered within 24 hours.
Keywords: Chincoteague, Assateague, non-smoking, pony, bird, shell, beach, surf, ponies, cottage, in-town, restored, pet friendly
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 17, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great five day stay
Plenty of room for the four of us. Close enough to the main street area for shopping or dining.
The house was clean and had a home away from home atmosphere. All in all had a very enjoyable time and hope to be able to acquire it again for next year.
A spacious home on main street
Overall this is a clean, spacious home in a great location.
- Location: Directly next to downtown for easy access to shops, restaurants, the movie theater, and other attractions.
- Size/value: With three bedrooms and 2.5 baths, the house can hold large families or multiple groups at a great price point.
- Ease of access: With the keys stored in a lockbox, the house can be your first and last stop. No need to make an extra pick up / drop off.
- Cleanliness: Everything was clean.
- Climate control: With AC units in every room, the house was easily kept comfortable.
- Odd layout: This is very common in older homes and many of the other rentals have their own oddities. The bathroom showers were hard to access (main floor bathroom has a large sink that takes up valuable space, and upstairs bathroom shower is difficult to impossible to enter/exit with the jack-and-jill door closed). The kitchen lacks lighting.
- No sheets/towels: The owner does offer this for an extra fee, but it is not included in the base rental. Most other rentals include the sheets/towels.
- Somewhat run-down: Although very clean, the house had issues such as dips in the floor (upper main bedroom), leaks causing rotting (e.g., corner of the front door), sink vanities not fully connected to the wall, and doors with peeling surfaces (e.g., main level bathroom) or that get stuck (e.g., upper bathroom).
The problems with layout, floor levels, and doors might cause problems for those with mobility issues. However, they are only a minor inconvenience for the able.
Final opinion: The pros greatly outweigh the cons (which, as noted, are common among rentals or only minor issues). It is not a top-of-the-line luxury house, but it is not priced as such either. It's a solid choice for a large, clean, comfortable house.
CLOSE to EVERYTHING
We wanted a place that was comfortable, dog friendly and walking distance to a lot of things. Salty Dogs' Lair was even closer to stuff than we expected, and the neighbor across the way was so friendly and funny too-an unexpected delight. The dogs loved it, and we felt comfortable having them there-it's not such an UNTOUCHED space that you worry about every little thing-that said, if you want a pristine environment, this isn't going to be your cup of tea. It's a well lived in beach house with some quirks. WooFs!
Unique house well situated would stay there again.
This was the first time renting a house on Chincoteague. The house was well situated, walking distance from Main Street and the gift shops, grocery store and some restaurants. The Island Creamery was a 15 min. walk. Neighborhood seemed safe and quiet... firehouse whistle blew only 3 times in 7 days. Once was at 3 am but who cares your at the beach. The house was clean and spacious with a nice yard and back porch. There were a couple oddities about the house: the floors are uneven. Throw you off balance when you first get up in the morning.(Kinda makes you laugh) There wasn't enough drawer space in the bedroom up stairs. We had three females and only one had space to unpack. All the closet space was used for the owners storage space. Of 13 bikes only one was usable. Best to take your own bikes because the location of the house is perfect for biking. Not much car traffic so very safe. Sweet place, I'd rent it again. Side note: It was the pony swim/penning walked to the fair grounds to see the ponies and partake of the fair ground food and rides. Perfect vacation.
Great for a week away!!
We had an ant problem the day after arriving and had to throw out much of the food we had just bought. Upon calling the maintenance number we were told that this is a common problem and all food should be kept in the fridge or a tote. They did come and spray and we bought any traps which helped. It would've been nice if this was mentioned from the start so we wouldn't have wasted so much money on groceries but other than that the house was great!! The kids loved the bikes and beach supplies in the garage and we were happy to not have to bring these things with us! Kitchen was well stocked and there was a grocery store on the next street over which was super handy. Hoping to return next year!!
While the house could use a little TLC, it served as a great house for the weekend. The property manager was extraordinarily attentive with our request to have the furnace turned on for the unexpected cooler temps.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Full refund (minus credit card fees) if reservation is canceled 30+ days before check in. 50% refund (minus credit card fees) if canceled less than 30 days before check-in date.