|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
An added benefit for St. Thomas is that No Passport is required for US Citizens to visit the US Virgin Islands!!!
This one bedroom apartment with modern kitchen, Dish HD Satellite TVs, comfortable furniture, queen bed, plus a full sized pull out sofa bed and large shower with glass doors and bench, will relax you after a long fun day at beach. Large wooden deck with an ocean view. The best feature of this apartment is the location location. Stay in an apartment setting while enjoying the amenities of a beach resort right across the street which include 3 restaurants, live nightly entertainment, Beach hut with floats, Hobie Cats, peddle boats, Aqua Cycles, Paddles boards, WindSurfers and wave-runners, full featured Scuba Diving shop and much more. A perfect home base in St. Thomas & to St. John and surrounding islands. Within fifteen minutes by taxi or rental car are grocery stores, K-Mart, duty-free shopping in Charlotte Amalie, Saint John ferry in Red Hook, championship golf course, Magen's Bay and the airport. St John is a must see and is only a short ferry ride via car or person ferry from Red Hook (a nice day is packing the cooler, beach towels and taking your rental car to St. John to explore & snorkel all the beaches).
Tasting and experiencing the best of what St. Thomas has to offer is easy to do when you stay at my apartment. Two open-air seaside restaurants are among the most popular on St. Thomas where guests and locals gather day and night. Sit down for a full breakfast, lunchtime favorites or dinner with beautiful ocean views at The Lobster Grille. Located by the beachfront pool. Or slip on your flip flops and head over to Iggies Beach Bar & Grill for lunch, dinner or late-night entertainment. When you’re thirsty, we have plenty of options. Swim up to our poolside bar, sip cocktails at The Lobster Grille or toast with friends at Iggie's Beach Bar.
Enjoy St Thomas, St John and Jost Van Dyke. Make sure to stop by the Soggy Dollar Bar and The One Love Bar located on the beach of White Bay.
Here are just a few of our top Virgin Islands adventures:
• Snorkel and swim with sea turtles on Heavenly Days Catamaran sail boat.
• Scuba dive with the St. Thomas Diving Club, they offer beginning and advanced courses.
• Take in the world-renowned natural beauty of Magen's Bay (top 10 beach in the world).
• Reel in a Marlin from the deep sea or book half day light tackle fishing.
• Shop ‘til you drop at our duty-free shopping.
• Parasail and admire the views of St. Thomas, you can be picked up from Bolongo’s beach.
• Tour around and island hop with guided tours of St. Thomas and St. John.
• Join us for the St. Thomas Carnival in April or St. John’s in July.
• Sip Cruzan rum on a cultural tour of St. Croix or tour the distillery.
• Cruise off to enjoy the British Virgin Islands (you will need a passport for these adventures).
• Enjoy some culture with The Forum for film festivals, poets, string ensembles and more!
• Spend the day at the Virgin Islands “best attraction,” Coral World Ocean Park, featuring sharks, sea lion encounter and more.
• Enjoy arts and crafts festivals and classical music presented by Arts Alive or “Jazz in the Park”.
• Ride the view on the scenic skyride to Paradise Point, 700 feet above sea level, great at sunset.
• Horseback ride along the natural beauty of St. John.
• Promote local art and plan to see a show at the Reichhold Center of the Performing Arts.
• Admire panoramic views at Mountain Top, while sipping their famous (original recipe) Banana Daiquiri. Very touristy but a good place to buy cheap t-shirts too.
• Walk in historical footsteps on a guided tour of St. Thomas, including Blackbeard’s & Bluebeard’s Castles.
• Kayak or snorkel along spotted eagle rays, sea turtles and more in USVI wildlife sanctuaries.
• Hit the links at the Robert Trent Jones designed St. Thomas Mahogany Run Golf Course.
Keywords: One bedroom Apartment, Near Beach & pool, Resort amenities, Large Deck,
I first moved to St. Thomas in 1968 with my family from New York. My family started a houseboat business here and later in 1974 bought into a Beach Resort that we still own and manage. After a short time of living in San Francisco, where I was married, my wife Colleen and I moved back to St. Thomas and started our family. With a couple kids in college we decided to rent out our newly remodeled one bedroom apartment.
Paul Doumeng purchased this apartment in 2006
My apartment offers a home style vacation with all the resort amenities across the street as an option.
Commonly used as a retreat if family staying at the resort for perhaps a wedding, you can play and return to your private space.
This a simply lovely, lovely place! My friend and I stayed here for a week and never left the resort! Fantastic views from the apartment and delicious food at the Lobster Grille!!! The snorkeling was very cool, we could see all sorts of fish in Bolongo Bay itself and got to see Sea Turtles and more fish on the "Heavenly Days" Catamaran boat trip! We went snorkeling every day!
Paul and Colleen are just wonderful warm, welcoming, friendly, considerate, thoughtful, kind, and open hearted people! They were extremely kind to us and provided everything we needed. They went over and beyond the call of duty! You are sure to love this place and all the wonderful, friendly and helpful people who work at the resort! "007" makes fantastic drinks at the swim up bar in the swimming pool!! A Leprechaun, named "Keith" is a hoot to talk with and very helpful, but can vanish in a flash if your luggage looks like it is from the "Invasion of Normandy!"
The resort has all sorts of fun water equipment to use, like paddle boards, pedal water tricycles, sea kayaks, wind surf boards, and snorkeling equipment that you can use for free from 8AM to 4:30PM. There are taxis that can take you anywhere on the island for minimal charges.
There is also a beach bar, called "Iggies" with live music some nights where you can dance in the sand as well as play volley ball and other games. I just wish they had music every night.
One thought, the hill is a bit steep that the apartment is on, so make sure to bring some supportive walking shoes. Also, water shoes are a real benefit at the beach, but the gift shop at the resort sells them.
The place was beautiful and clean. It was right across from Iggies and the Bolongo Bay resort. We had the best meal at Bolongo Bay (seafood linguine with lobster sauce - yum). The snorkeling was great (go to the left side to see more). Our hosts were very friendly and accommodating. After I had left an expensive item there, they went above and beyond to return it to me. The price to stay there was very reasonable. I recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay (no need for a car - everything is right there) in St. Thomas.
Had an amazing experience and the resort was super nice and the staff were so friendly. Can't wait to go back!
Great location! We had a rental car so we came and went as we pleased. The owners were very hospitable and let us do our own thing but I know if we needed any help or advice they would of helped out. We just love exploring and figuring things out on our own.
We enjoyed our stay at Paul's home. It's a spacious apartment with a nice kitchen, nice bedroom and a large shower in the bathroom. I highly recommend renting a car. We used Dollar rental which seemed to be the cheapest and we got a brand new Nissan with 200 miles on it. It even worked well on St John, although we stuck to route 20. Iggie's was a great spot every night for music. Every day was awesome weather. It really was a great stay. Check out Sapphire beach a real jewel. And Bolongo bay was a great time every day in the water. Zack, their worker on the beach, was a great help every day! All the staff there were great.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Nov 1 2016 - Apr 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
Rate is based on 2 guests.
There is a $25 per night per additional person charge.
There are also inflatable beds and a Pac-n-Play available for a small fee.