|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
When we first came to Garmisch, one of the local cows en route from the mountains back to the farm decided to stray away from the herd and to feast on the meadows in front of our house.
When the farmer came to collect her (the farm is just across the river, a short walking distance from the house), he had a lovely discussion with his 'Lena' about do's and don'ts of everyday life as a cow!
Thus we decided the name is perfect for our little hideaway, an opportunity to stray away from day to day life and to feast the senses ....
Close to being the perfect vacation destination:
• Located on the sunny side of the Garmisch Valley with sun exposure all day
• Phenomenal views on the entire mountain range, including unobstructed views on Germany’s highest mountain: the Zugspitze
• Renovated in Fall 2014 with new kitchen, floors, walls, decoration, practically everything!
• Large living room with panorama windows and surrounding terrace (perfect for breakfast al fresco and evening cocktails!)
• Traditional Bavarian wood stove is the centerpiece of the living areas – connecting (and gently heating) both living room and dining area/kitchen.
• Brand new kitchen with German top-brand appliances, including convection oven, microwave, and an extra-wide 5 burner glasstop stove.
• Master bedroom features ensuite bathroom with separate shower, tub and double vanity as well as a private balcony.
• Adjacent to the master bedroom is our ½ bedroom: a nook with a single bed which makes the perfect sleeping arrangement for small children.
• Secondary bedroom with four poster bed and Bavarian style furniture collection.
• The lower level features what we call the ‘Kids Living Room,' a large hideaway for the juniors, featuring a separate entrance, bunk beds, table and chairs that are perfect for games and to ‘hang-out’ (ideal for the juniors, however everything is scaled to be perfectly suitable for any age – as a matter of fact, this is our mother-in-law living area!).
• The fourth bedroom features a king-size bed (which can be separated into two twins), nicely tucked away and very quiet.
• The lower level also features a bathroom with shower and last but not least,
• The Spa: featuring a Sauna, undoubtedly the perfect feature for any mountain retreat and the lifesaver after a day of skiing or hiking. Besides a fabulous rainhead shower, we also have a build-in full size cold plunge.
• Speaking of skiing: Lena also features a separate storage room for skis and any gear including boot-dryers (you can't imagine the fabulous feeling of stepping into warm shoes in the morning!).
Britta purchased this house in 2014
Garmisch has been our home for many many years - it is just the perfect little paradise in both summer and winter
Das Apartment lena ist wirklich genauso toll wie auf den Bildern zu sehen!
Alles hat wunderbar geklappt, von der Schlüsselübergabe bis zur Abreise und Rückzahlung der Kaution. Echt perfekt und das Alls obwohl die Nachbarin eingesprungen ist.
Kann man nur empfehlen. Der Blick vom Balkon auf die Zugspitze ist ein Traum.
Auch wenn wir leider Regen hatten war es ein super Aufenthalt in Garmisch.
Immer wieder gern!
Great house, fully equiped. Very clean, enough towels and bedlinen. Distance to skiing park to far to walk, so we went every day by car to the free Parking. Great house, see the photos: what you see is what you get! Tnx
What an incredible Jewel "Lena" is - everything the website promises and then some!
The house was literally just renovated when we arrived, everything is in pristine condition, very stylishly furnished, contemporary and yet warm, somewhat cosmopolitan and at the same time with the great style and warm of Bavaria: we loved it!
Location is superconvenient - a quiet side street and slightly up the hill, about 10min walk to 'downtown' Garmisch and with multiple hiking trails right there.
Christl welcomed us upon arrival, had stocked the fridge with a bottle of nice wine and a couple of local beers (and even Milk&Cereals for our little one) and told us everything about both the house and activities in Garmisch (make sure you don't miss the little bakery/grocer/deli "Wank" the next street down - as much charm as you can imagine on less than 60sm). Everything was superclean and in perfect condition.
We cant wait to come back, the living areas are great, the bedrooms all have their own bathroom (we never had this in rentals in Germany, usually you share one toilet between multiple bedrooms), the sauna was heavenly and the underground parking super convenient.
We can highly recommend Lena - probably our best rental ever!
|Refundable damage deposit||$320|
The City of Garmisch requires a mandatory 'City-Tax' of €2 per adult per day (€1 for children 6-16). We will provide you with the required paperwork upon arrival and payment will be done at that time.
Garmisch-Partenkirchen erhebt eine Kurtaxe von €2 pro Erwachsenen pro Tag (€1 fuer Kinder von 6-16). Das Anmeldeformular und Bezahlung erfolgt bei der Anreise.