|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Storm Meadows at Christie Base is located directly off the Right-O-Way beginner's run at the base of the Steamboat Ski Area. You can easily access the slopes with just a very short walk from the property, and then enjoy the ultimate convenience of skiing or snowboarding straight back to your building.
This convenient two-building property offers views of the slopes and south Yampa Valley. These large studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom condominiums are located just above Ski Time Square, putting apres-ski activities, shops and restaurants just a short walk away. Relish a relaxing soak in the hot tub after a day of indulging in Steamboat's legendary powder or enjoying other winter adventures.
During summer, enjoy the easy stroll along the Steamboat Ski Area promenade and the refreshing Rocky Mountain stream that flows through the base area, where summer activities and events such as free concerts and art exhibits enhance Steamboat Springs' splendid summertime surroundings.
This Large Studio condominium has a partial mountain view. There is seating for four at the dining room table and an additional four at the kitchen counter. The living area has wood flooring, a 40 inch flat screen TV with a WIFI connected Blu-Ray player, a gas fireplace, a queen size sleeper sofa and a private balcony. The bathroom has been nicely updated with a new vanity with a granite counter top. Separated by an accordion wall for privacy, the studio/bed area has a king size bed.
This property is professionally managed by Mountain Resorts, Steamboat Vacation Expert and the largest locally owned property management company in Steamboat Springs. Our professional front desk staff is available to our guests every day, and check-in is available 24-hours a day in our conveniently located welcome center on Mt. Werner road. We have housekeeping services and a maintenance department should you need assistance with anything at your rental property. Our goal is to help make your Steamboat vacation a truly memorable experience by exceeding your expectations in accommodations and service.
Had a great time. We really appreciated being able to ski in & walk out. Our condo was a good size & enjoyed the fireplace but it just had a funny smell.
Our stay was wonderful! Our room was very nice!! I loved the updated kitchen!! The skiing was great! Loved all the different ways to go!!
- our flight from Denver was cancelled and we took a 5hr shuttle ride in a snow storm; mountain resorts helped us check in when we finally arrived at 2am
- the unit was warm; inviting after a long trek - had all the amenities we expected: real bed, hot water, fireplace, good kitchen & bathroom + humidifier (for CO's dry winters)
- mountain resorts provided us with a shuttle from the main office to the condo, although it took several calls to set it up (make sure you do this in advance)
- ski path provides access FROM the outer-most green slope on the mountain; which was great
- ski racks on ground floor for each unit
- unit is welcoming; pictures of the happy family and iconic Steamboat scenes are everywhere
- no regular shuttle service: we hiked to SkiTimeSquare every day to catch the free city bus into town, which got old after a while. If you have a car, you might have a different experience -- but we walked 10 minutes each way, every trip
- the stairs to the ski path behind the building were covered with solid ice: hazardous! Most people in the condo had to crawl up & down or cantilever their body over the side railing and roll onto the path. On our last day, someone from the building cleared it out with a shovel -- too late for us
- the ski path provides one-way access down from the slope: you need to hike ~100yds along the ski path or ~200yds across the road: makes quick in/out trips more difficult
- the night lights are on all night + no black-out blinds made the bedroom feel like there was a light on inside the unit. We wound up hanging a blanket over the window and closing the room divider at night to get better sleep, which seemed to do the trick
- the unit is a little dated, relative to some of the other condos in the building. Some upgrades like the Chandelier are wired externally on the wall, which is fine for Mcguiver but it takes away from a polished look of the place
- the unit could use some repairs: the lock to the patio door is broken, (it slides freely and lets in cold air); the comforter had a big rip on the underside; then there's little stuff like really coarse TP (think 600-grit sandpaper) (we went to Target and bought some Charmin) -- we expected better from units in this price range
- the folks in the unit above us really need to lubricate the joints on their bed