About the property
- Cabin2700 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
4 Bedrooms, 1.5 Bathroom, Sleep 11
The Catskills are full of character, charm, peaceful quiet, astounding beauty and rich historical significance. It is the perfect place to relax, enjoy the fresh air and take advantage of enriching activities.
Dining and Local Farmers’ Markets
• The Blue Hill Café offers the best dining in the immediate area. Just a mile up the road, the café is a full service restaurant where homemade specialties are prepared daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• The Deli and Grocery has all of the groceries and supplies you need for vacationing, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors.
• Blue Hill Wine & Spirits is a fully stocked wine and liquor store with a range of reasonably priced and high end wines and spirits.
• Claryville Brewing Company – coming soon!
• Eureka Market offers delicious baked goods, sandwiches, homemade pizzas, and groceries, including local and/or organic produce, eggs, cheeses, milk, poultry and much more.
• Eureka Café serves three meals a day, seven days a week. Click to view their menu and weekly specials. Also, call (845) 985-5152 to inquire about their advanced grocery delivery service.
• Neversink Farm is an organic farm just down the road that frequently sells to restaurants in New York City. They offer fresh, seasonable vegetables, fruits, and flowers. Click here to see what is currently being harvested!
• Click here to see a listing of all farmers' markets throughout Sullivan County.
• Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is a stunning cultural and civic center located at the site of the 1969 Woodstock festival in Bethel, NY. It is a not-for-profit cultural organization that offers a diverse selection of popular artists and culturally rich performances on multiple stages, an award-winning museum, and educational and community programs that provide meaningful experience in arts, history and civic engagement. Click here for their calendar of events.
• Woodstock is another popular destination. Although the music festival in 1969 was actually in Bethel, NY where Bethel Woods Center for the Arts is currently located, the town has a unique feel with lots of shopping, eateries, and spas. It is just about an hour drive and is a great day-trip for the whole family.
• The Forestburgh Playhouse is a quaint summerstock theater that pulls talent from some of the best actors, musicians, scenic designers and producers from New York City. Hosted in a historic, renovated barn, there is something for everyone (main stage shows, children’s shows and late-night cabarets). To see what shows are playing this season, click here.
• The Claryville Art Center is a brand new addition to the Claryville community. The former barn was renovated to host a two-story art gallery and event space, that house the permanent collection of world famous Russian born American contemporary artist Alexander Kaletski and will also display the works of local artists and visiting artists from around the world.
• The Time and Valleys Museum in Grahamsville is just a few miles away and provides several exhibits on the local area, especially highlighting the reservoir system in the Catskill Mountains that provides drinking water for the population of New York City. The museum is very informative and great for enjoyment by all ages!
• The Sullivan County Visitors Association also has a complete listing of attractions, special events and information for your trip!
Hiking and Mountain Biking
The Catskill Mountains border the Catskill Park covering over 700,000 acres with endless trails for hiking and biking – including 35 peaks that reach more than 3,500 feet. It is the perfect area for beginners and experts alike. Most trails can be hiked in all season- and are different and more beautiful in all four!
• The Slide Mountain Wilderness Area encompasses 47,500 acres of beautiful land with breathtaking views. With extensive foot trails to about 10 peaks, The Slide Mountain Wilderness Area is one of the more popular spots for hikers in the Catskills. The trailheads for Slide Mountain and Giant Ledges are both about 15 miles away. Slide is one of the most beautiful hikes in the winter.
• The Willowemoc Wild Forest is another wonderful place for hiking, mountain biking and a variety of winter activities.
• The Red Hill Fire Tower, one of five remaining steel towers built between 1917 and 1927, offers panoramic views of the Catskill High Peaks to the west and north, and the Roundout Reservoir, part of New York City’s water supply network. The trailhead to the Red Hill Fire Tower is only about 8 miles from Anita's Casita. There are trails to the other four fire towers as well in the region.
• Mongaup Pond is open-year round with no fee and offers 50 miles of multi-use trails for hiking, horseback riding, snowmobiling, dog-sledding or biking. For more information, visit the website or call (845) 439-4233.
• Peekamoose, Table and Lone mountains are three other recommended hiking destinations. For a list of all trails in the area, visit http://www.trailkeeper.org/.
• Grossinger's Country Club (open to the public)
• The Famous Monster Golf Course
• Lochmore Golf Course
• Tarry Brae Golf Course
• Tennanah Lake Golf & Tennis Club
Some of the best fishing areas include the Beaverkill, one of the most historic trout rivers in the country, the Neversink and the Willowemoc.
• The Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum in Livingston Manor is a historical and contemporary museum, an education center, and a gathering place for the entire fly fishing community. Spend a few hours or spend the entire day exploring this hidden gem!
• Catskill Flies is a great spot to stock up on flies and equipment – plus, they provide reports on daily river conditions on their website.
• Public Fishing Rights maps are available from the New York State DEC – click here!
Downhill/Cross-Country Skiing and Winter Activities
• Belleayre Mountain is the closest downhill ski mountain to Anita’s Casita. Belleayre has 55 trails, is open from November through March (weather permitting) and is owned and operated by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
• Hunter Mountain is just a bit further, but it’s also a fantastic place to downhill ski. Hunter has 57 trails and 12 lifts and the balance of beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert terrain makes it a great place for the entire family.
• Windham Mountain is another option for downhill skiiers. Windham offers 1600 vertical feet of skiing, 12 lifts, and lots of great restaurants for after you finish skiing as well!
• For those interested in cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and dog sledding, be sure to check out The Willowemoc and Sundown Wild Forests.
• Frost Valley YMCA also maintains trails and snow tubing chutes if you are visiting in the winter!
Other Local Attractions
• Frost Valley YMCA: Founded as Camp Wawayanda in 1901, Frost Valley YMCA has grown to be the largest YMCA in the country with over 5,000 acres of land and thousands of guests each year. They offer a variety of activities, adventure and environmental education for every season – including horseback riding, 20 miles of cross country skiing trails, picturesque hiking trails for all ability levels, snow tubing, camp sessions and organized Family Weekends. Day passes can be purchased most weekends of the year. For more information, visit the website or call (845) 985-2291.
• Local pottery by Ann Marie Kremer: Ann Marie’s studio is open year round and she creates the most beautiful potter using local Catskill clay. The studio is less than a mile up Claryville Road from Anita’s Casita and a piece of pottery is a great souvenir from your trip. Be sure to call Ann Marie before visiting at (845) 985-2016.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 7, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Best house ever!
Great get away from NYC, super cozy and friendly owners the house was warm when we arrived and they even baked a cake for us! The house is also beautiful.
Great escape from the City
Our extended family of 5 adults + 4 kids + 2 dogs had a great stay at Anita's Casita. The house had everything we needed in all aspects (kitchen well stocked, bathrooms had toiletries and ample towels, pillows/linens/etc). The house was also extremely clean and well kept. Danielle left a bundt cake for us upon arrival and it was delicious. She also was kind enough to let us know there was an local event in town that we may enjoy during our stay and the kids loved it. The check in + check out process was very simple, we had no issues at all.
Relaxing getaway in between busy wedding prep of 280 guest
Anita's place was clean, spacious and quiet! The only noise was the relaxing sound of a nearby stream. All the conveinces of home were available. The owners were near by and gave us wonderful tips for fun local outings! However double check that the VBRO has updated the website to have # to reach owner and most recent lockbox info.
Beautiful, amazing hospitality, a perfect retreat
We spent a month at Anita's Casita and could not have been happier with the space, its amenities, and the helpfulness and generosity of our hosts. There's no better place in Sullivan County to find beauty and relaxation.
House was great. Clean and ready for a big group like we were. This was the second year we booked the same house for TG because we liked it a lot the first time.
We enjoyed our weekend stay with extended family from 5 states! The house is just lovely, spacious, clean and well appointed. Room for everyone. Danielle even baked us a carrot cake which was delicious! Only concern was the house having only 1 shower but we worked it out and it wasn't a problem. We definitely hope to come back again. Thank you!
Claryville is located in the Catskill Mountains, which offer year-round activities for outdoor enthusiasts as well as artists alike. Anita's Casita has easy access to hiking and biking trails, some of the world's best fishing, cross country and downhill skiing, and one of the nations largest YMCA Camps at Frost Valley just seven miles up the road. It is also very close to Woodstock, Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Claryville Pottery, the Forestburg Theater, and the newly opened Claryville Art Center. Be sure to stop at any of the local farmstands for delicious, local, organic produce and for fresh eggs just a few miles from Anita's Casita.